Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Here's why Obama can post a lower unemployment rate and cook the books (47% have given up finding a job)

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/poll-47-unemployed-have-completely-given-looking-job_793422.html

A new poll suggests that finding employment, particularly for the long-term unemployed, continues to be a struggle for Americans. The poll, conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of Express Employment Professionals, asked questions of 1,500 unemployed adult Americans last month.

“This survey shows that millions of Americans are at risk of falling into the trap of prolonged unemployment, and it should give policymakers a greater sense of urgency to focus on the singular goal of creating jobs," said Bob Funk, CEO of Express and a former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, in a release. "We can take heart that in these difficult times the American spirit of confident hopefulness endures, but we can’t accept this status quo—not for our country, not for our unemployed neighbors.”

Some of the key findings:

47 percent agree with the statement, “I’ve completely given up on looking for a job.” (7 percent said they “agree completely,” 7 percent “agree a lot,” 15 percent “agree somewhat,” and 18 percent “agree a little.”)      

60 percent say looking for work has been harder than expected. 10 percent say it’s been easier than expected.      

Nevertheless, 91 percent agree with the statement, “I’m hopeful that I will find a job I really want in the next six months.”

Additionally, 46 percent of the unemployed respondents reported not having had any job interviews in the prior month and 23 percent report their last interview was in 2012. The poll also shows that a significant percentage of the unemployed are not currently receiving jobless benefits. Only 20 percent said they were currently receiving unemployment compensation. But among those receiving government assistance, the poll suggests the aid may be diminishing their incentive to find employment:

2seaoat

If you were collecting early retirement and working part time.....would it be fair to say that person had completely given up looking for full time employment......the retirement bubble being manipulated for the slow witted.....how long before somebody engages their brain.....this has been pointed out for months.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:If you were collecting early retirement and working part time.....would it be fair to say that person had completely given up looking for full time employment......the retirement bubble being manipulated for the slow witted.....how long before somebody engages their brain.....this has been pointed out for months.

His Obamahate clouds his vision......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I expect unemployment to soon be deemed a disability... there problem solved.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/poll-47-unemployed-have-completely-given-looking-job_793422.html

A new poll suggests that finding employment, particularly for the long-term unemployed, continues to be a struggle for Americans. The poll, conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of Express Employment Professionals, asked questions of 1,500 unemployed adult Americans last month.

“This survey shows that millions of Americans are at risk of falling into the trap of prolonged unemployment, and it should give policymakers a greater sense of urgency to focus on the singular goal of creating jobs," said Bob Funk, CEO of Express and a former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, in a release. "We can take heart that in these difficult times the American spirit of confident hopefulness endures, but we can’t accept this status quo—not for our country, not for our unemployed neighbors.”

47 percent agree with the statement, “I’ve completely given up on looking for a job.” (7 percent said they “agree completely,” 7 percent “agree a lot,” 15 percent “agree somewhat,” and 18 percent “agree a little.”)      

60 percent say looking for work has been harder than expected. 10 percent say it’s been easier than expected.      

Nevertheless, 91 percent agree with the statement, “I’m hopeful that I will find a job I really want in the next six months.”

Additionally, 46 percent of the unemployed respondents reported not having had any job interviews in the prior month and 23 percent report their last interview was in 2012. The poll also shows that a significant percentage of the unemployed are not currently receiving jobless benefits. Only 20 percent said they were currently receiving unemployment compensation. But among those receiving government assistance, the poll suggests the aid may be diminishing their incentive to find employment:

You whine and bitch about Obama and the current administration every day in this forum. But not once have I read anything you've offered that even remotely felt like you were trying to persuade any of your opposition to your point of view. Congratulations, you've succeeded wonderfully well at reinforcing why we're not conservatives.

Wordslinger wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/poll-47-unemployed-have-completely-given-looking-job_793422.html

You whine and bitch about Obama and the current administration every day in this forum.  But not once have I read anything you've offered that even remotely felt like you were trying to persuade any of your opposition to your point of view.  Congratulations, you've succeeded wonderfully well at reinforcing why we're not conservatives.

If he had something positive to talk about, I'd do it. He doesn't. You and the rest of your liberal posse reinforce why the conservatives here think the way that they do about the low information crowd you represent. If you want to pop Obama's can, you don't have to grease him up so hard. I heard he swings that way anyhow.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:If you were collecting early retirement and working part time.....would it be fair to say that person had completely given up looking for full time employment......the retirement bubble being manipulated for the slow witted.....how long before somebody engages their brain.....this has been pointed out for months.

In spite of all the evidence to the contrary, we have been wondering that about you for years.

You always want to leave out the YOUNG people entering the job market, hopefully graduating high school and college along with the illegal aliens entering the country. Our population is not remaining the same. People are having unprotected sex which, frequently, results in babies. Funny how that works.

Still slurping on Obama?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Wordslinger wrote:

You whine and bitch about Obama and the current administration every day in this forum.  But not once have I read anything you've offered that even remotely felt like you were trying to persuade any of your opposition to your point of view.  Congratulations, you've succeeded wonderfully well at reinforcing why we're not conservatives.

Yep.

boards of FL

boards of FL

And then there is also the fact that millions of private sector jobs have been added to the economy during Obama's tenure.

Anyone who thinks the economy and the job market is good now is either living off the GOV or daddy and mommy or liberal information zombie.

These people try to make you think the job market is getting better by giving you information on how many people APPLIED for unemployment, or a POLL that was taken in an area they know has higher employment. All the while IGNORING the labor force numbers because they want to blame it on old people retiring LOL because people have never retired before in the last 20 years.

Please refer to the movie>>>>>>>>> Idiocracy LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum