Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Real' Unemployment Rate Shows Far More Jobless

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48468748

I can look at several sites and see several variations depending on who is counted and how. Bottom line though is it is pitiful.

Sal

Sal

This is all by design. If you don't understand why, ask the guy who's vying to be the Outsourcer and Chief. He gets it.

salinsky wrote:This is all by design. If you don't understand why, ask the guy who's vying to be the Outsourcer and Chief. He gets it.

Obama gets something? First time for everything I suppose.

NaNook

NaNook

[quote="salinsky"]This is all by design. If you don't understand why, ask the guy who's vying to be the Outsourcer and Chief. He gets it.[/quote

Go to the BLS site and explain to us how +160k jobs were created and there are 150k less people employed? I get it.....an election.

Sal

Sal

The rising middle class in Asia is a market of 3.5 Billion people - our declining middle class in the US is only 350 Million. Who do you think is going to buy more stuff? Where do you think that the market is?

Our multi-national corporatist plutocrats have gamed the system. It is not just that the cost of production is lower over there, it's also where they want to sell stuff. Free Trade Agreements have made this possible, and there are more in the works.

Legislation can be undone. Globalization is not a law of nature. But I’m guessing that even if NAFTA, CAFTA, and every other -AFTA was repealed, these companies have moved on. Those jobs are not coming back. We’ve gone past the tipping point.

The plutocrats used to have a social contract with the American worker. Work hard for us and don't drag us out into the street and tar-and-feather us, and we'll give you enough to live on and something for your retirement. In the age of globalization, the plutocrats have decided they don't need us anymore, and we've been hung out to dry. Eventually, a public figure will have the balls to expose this massive larceny of the American dream, and the people will hear the truth over all of the noise. Then there will be a reckoning.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Obama is NOT the answer. He's a serious problem.

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:Obama is NOT the answer.

Meh. Maybe not, but Rmoney is the embodiment of the problem.

NaNook

NaNook

salinsky wrote:

I'm guessing you don't own an APPLE PRODUCT, or any other ELECTRONIC PRODUCT?

If you are concerned, boycott them.

BTW: Clinton sent the jobs away....Ross said so,,,remember? The giant sucking sound????????

Try again....

VectorMan

VectorMan

salinsky wrote:

I'm not a big Romney fan. My vote will be more against Obama rather than for Romney. That Obama guy has got to go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum