Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Labor Force Participation Rate: Proof that our forum republicans are low information voters

+3
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SL.TLF.CACT.ZS?order=wbapi_data_value_2013+wbapi_data_value+wbapi_data_value-last&sort=desc

Our forum republicans have made it fairly clear that they feel that the LPR is the end all gauge of the labor market.  They're completely wrong about that, but that is still their belief in spite of reality.  Being that the case, we will simply have to accept the fact that our forum republicans view the labor market in this unusual, divorced-from-reality manner.  Fair enough.

So with that said, let's have a look at who the best labor markets are in the world based upon the LPR analysis that our forum republicans subscribe to.  These are the best labor markets - according to our forum republicans.

1.  Tanzania - 89%
2.  Madagascar - 89%
3.  Qatar - 87%
3.  Equatorial Guinea - 87%
4.  Zimbabwe - 87%
5.  Rwanda - 86%
6.  Eritrea - 85%
7.  Mozambique - 84%
8.  Etheopia - 84%
9.  Burkina Faso - 83%
10. Nepal - 83%

So there are the top 10 world labor markets based upon the method of analysis employed by our forum republicans.   Don't bother looking for the US in there, as we're way down the list in the early 100's range with the rest of the civilized world.

So there it is.  My question now, to our forum republicans, is what ideas do they have insofar as how we should adjust our economies to better mirror these countries above that have absolutely stellar LPRs?  Our forum republicans bring the LPR up each month after the BLS Employment Situation and ADP reports are released, so they clearly are under the belief that the LPR is the trump card with respect to labor market analysis.  

The floor is yours, forum republicans.  Let's here your ideas.  What do we need to do so that we can be more like Rwanda or Etheopia?

Last edited by boards of FL on 10/29/2015, 12:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Pay people a lot less and don't use machines to pick crops...that should do it. Full employment....oh you wanted republicans to answer....

boards of FL

boards of FL

So that's it? After the seemingly infinite supply of threads about the LPR, none of our forum right-wingers are able to provide any ideas as to why or how we should even try to boost that data point?

Come on! Explain to us how we can be more like Rwanda! Let's hear it from our economic geniuses!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute, let me get this straight. Are you actually saying that the employment situation is better in Rwanda and Equatorial Guinea that it is in the United States?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:Wait a minute,  let me get this straight.  Are you actually saying that the employment situation is better in Rwanda and Equatorial Guinea that it is in the United States?

Likely scenario: They are working for 25 cents per hour harvesting crops by hand on large estates owned by moguls connected to the government.

I sincerely doubt semi-demented poster Markle can speak to BOF's points, but this will not keep him from starting threads on the LPR in the U.S., as we have seen.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Bob wrote:Wait a minute,  let me get this straight.  Are you actually saying that the employment situation is better in Rwanda and Equatorial Guinea that it is in the United States?

Likely scenario: They are working for 25 cents per hour harvesting crops by hand on large estates owned by moguls connected to the government.

I sincerely doubt semi-demented poster Markle can speak to BOF's points, but this will not keep him from starting threads on the LPR in the U.S., as we have seen.

Or keep bofy from ignoring it as a non factor... or stagnant wages... the nature of the jobs created... rising welfare... etc.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Not even close.  Our economy is light years ahead of the economies that I listed above - which are the top ten with respect to labor force participation rate.

Republicans - ObamaSucks, Markle, TEO, and PkrBum - on the other hand, disagree.  As we have steadily watched nearly 9 million private sector jobs added to the economy and the unemployment rate plummet during the Obama administration, the only factor that the four stooges above have every been concerned with is the labor force participation rate.  This type of reasoning is intellectually bankrupt, though it works on the ignorant and...well...ObamaSucks, Markle, TEO, and PkrBum are ignorant in spades.  None of them can explain why the LPR is important because none of them understand the economy, labor market, or the LPR.  All they know is that it is a % that has steadily declined since 2001, and that must therefore mean that it 1) is Obama's fault and 2) it outweighs the plummeting unemployment rate and the 9 million private sector jobs that have been added to the economy during Obama's tenure.  All they can really do is shout "BUT LOOK AT THE LPR!!" and then runaway each time good news comes out about the labor market. 

That said, I was hoping they would at least be able to share their ideas as to how we can become less productive so as to require more human labor so as to boost our LPR, though they seem to be bankrupt there as well.  

Are no republicans able to offer any suggestions insofar as how we can make our economy more like Ethiopia's?  What policy ideas do you guys have that would mirror us after Rwanda?  Come on guys!  The Labor Force Participation rate is at stake here!  Granted, it doesn't really mean anything important about the economy to anyone with an IQ north of Ranch dressing, but you guys are obviously concerned with it.  Can't you at least discuss it?

We point out the things you ignore. I'm sure it's very irritating to the green participation ribbon generation.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:We point out the things you ignore. I'm sure it's very irritating to the green participation ribbon generation.

And I ignore things that aren't materially important.  The LPR is not materially important.  I have explained why it is not important.  I'm showing you again here in this thread why it is not important.  That is why you don't see me harping on the LPR each and every month.

You guys, on the other hand, do in fact harp on the LPR each and every month.  Being that the case, can any of you - any of you - simply make your case for why the LPR is so important that it would trump new private sector jobs, new jobless claims, any of the measures of the unemployment rate, GDP, corporate profits, etc. etc?  I'm simply asking you to explain 1) why you steadily post the LPR and 2) why it is important.

Here, I'll post my case - as I have posted countless times before - one more time.

OK, Markle.  You obviously cling to this economic data point.  This is your chance to make your case and explain to all of us exactly why it is that you feel the Labor Force Participation rate is the end-all economic data point. You seem to be under the impression that posting the same chart again and again is a valid, substantive entry into any discussion, no matter the topic.  This is your chance to lay out why you feel that is the case.

I'll just go ahead and get this out of the way now to save you the time.  The labor force participation rate:

The Labor Force Participation Rate:  Proof that our forum republicans are low information voters 20ARCpB

So there it is. This is the holy-grail of all economic data points in Markle-land.   Notice the long rising trend that lasts between the years 1963 and 2000.  Many would attribute that to cultural changes that took hold in the US during that time.  We evolved from a society in which women had a very specific roll - a homemaker - to a society in which women are empowered to gain education and work.  This is just one factor perhaps among many.  That said, Makle likely discounts conventional wisdom and instead has his own theories to explain that increase, and I suspect they're all political.

Also notice the peak in the year 2000 and the subsequent decline.  Some would say the peak was the end of the "dot com" era in which we saw massive gains in productivity in large part due to widespread adoption of computers and the internet in business.  What followed was a steady trend of automation combined with a massive aging cohort (baby boomers) that were reaching retirement age and that began to exit the workforce.  But here again, I'm sure Markle has his own theories and I'm sure they're all based in politics.

So, with that said, the floor is yours, Markle.  Let's hear it.  Tell us all why the labor force participation rate is the end-all economic data point that trumps everything from jobless claims, to GDP, to retail sales, to consumer confidence, to the employment situation.  Enlighten us as to why we see the movements that we do in this data point, which clearly are long long running trends.  

Please proceed, governor....

Do any LPR fanboys have a response here?  Do any LPR fanboys have a response to the original post in this thread?

If not, can you all simply concede that you are low information voters and then let the LPR rest?  What good does it do to repeatedly say "Hey!  Look at the LPR!" and then run away from an actual discussion?  Do you think you're making a point? Why not simply dicuss the LPR? This is your chance.  I'm bringing it up for you.  I'm trying to discuss it with all of you.  

Please proceed, governors...

boards of FL

boards of FL

Pinning so as to not be missed by any LPR fanboys.

Come on, guys. This is supposedly your bread and butter. Let's hear it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The reason for this...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/10/09/for-most-workers-real-wages-have-barely-budged-for-decades/

...  is what I've been posting for years.  Is it because George Bush was president?  Is it because Barack Obama is president?

No,  the reason is obvious.   It's because so many of the good paying jobs we once had moved to places with cheap labor.  Get used to it because those jobs are never coming back. No matter which politician or political party you choose to worship.

gatorfan

It's just so cute! BoF posts a thread of BoFshit and "sticks" it on top. Are you really that insecure? Yes, it's obvious you are.

The Labor Force Participation Rate:  Proof that our forum republicans are low information voters Insecurity-3

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damn it Gator ain't no one safe !

The Labor Force Participation Rate:  Proof that our forum republicans are low information voters ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.ebaumsworld.com%2FmediaFiles%2Fpicture%2F30246%2F1014263

Just another wannabe tin-pot leftist that takes pleasure in whatever piss-ant power he can scrap together.

It's sad really... a step below a hall monitor.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Just another wannabe tin-pot leftist that takes pleasure in whatever piss-ant power he can scrap together.

Wow that has to be the most insulting put down of someone I've ever heard.
Thanks for sharing it cause I'm always looking for those. I love to say stuff like that to the bill collectors looking for Carl Goldman.
Carl Goldman had the ATT Uverse phone number they gave me after he didn't pay the bill. But not only just that bill. Old Carl apparently never paid a bill in his life. And they will not accept that I aint him when they keep calling this number. I've already told them how I'm going rape and kill their wives and mothers and daughters and sisters. And their dog. But that didn't do shit because they keep on calling.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:Just another wannabe tin-pot leftist that takes pleasure in whatever piss-ant power he can scrap together.

gatorfan wrote:It's just so cute! BoF posts a thread of BoFshit and "sticks" it on top. Are you really that insecure? Yes, it's obvious you are.

When I create a thread about the Labor Force Participation rate for the purpose of clearly displaying the fact that our forum republicans - PkrBum, ObamaSucks, TEO, Markle, and I appear to have forgotten gatorfan - are low information voters by virtue of the fact that they can't even offer a substantive opinion on the subject, and when I pin that thread to the top of the forum so that it can't fall off to page two, that isn't an example of me being insecure.   Not if you're using the same definition of 'insecure' that the rest of the world uses.

This is more comparable to a dog owner holding a puppy's face in its own waste after it shits in the house.  This isn't a training method that I would recommend to any dog owner as I don't find it at all effective and I have much respect of dogs and puppies.  With republicans, on the other hand, I have no problem shoving their face into their own waste.

You guys shit all over this forum with threads about the LPR each and every month when the ADP and BLS reports come out, and this month was no exception.  The problem there is that none of you are informed enough to even discuss the LPR.  You all realize that, right?  You're proving this fact right now.  All you're capable of doing is posting the LPR and then running away.

Here we have seen everyone but Markle respond, and yet none of you have anything to say on this subject.  

Here you are, republicans.  This is what happens when you shit in the house.

Sal

Sal

Poor, Republicans ....

The Labor Force Participation Rate:  Proof that our forum republicans are low information voters Ashamed-puppy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote: I have much respect of dogs and puppies.  

Nah. You have respect FOR dogs and puppies.
You're only hoping they respect you too. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Poor, Republicans ....

The Labor Force Participation Rate:  Proof that our forum republicans are low information voters Ashamed-puppy

That is a candidate who I can always believe is sincere.  When he lets me know something,  his degree of sincerity makes Bernie Sanders look like just another politician.  And that's even though Sanders is the most sincere of all the humans who are running.

I'm too old and lazy (both physically and intellectually) to do it.  But if someone else was to get a grass roots campaign going to get man's best friend elected instead of a man,  I'll vote for him.
And if the rest of you don't believe this too, then you're just a bunch of damn racists. Or I guess more accurately, "species'ists".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And by the way, seaoat, I hate that term you use "yellow dog democrats".
It's an insult to dogs. No dogs, whatever color they are, give a flying rat's ass about that stupid politics bullshit. Why should they. Neither political party has ever even given them the right to vote. Under this constitution and this form of government, they're still bought and sold like pieces of property. They have zero rights under the constitution. Hell the African American got out from under that 150 years ago. And the queers now can even get married same as normal people. And all three, blacks, women and queers now have the right to vote.
But the canine always was and still is a second class citizen. So don't add insult to injury by using the word "dog" in association with a bunch of human tyrants.

gatorfan

boards of FL wrote:

gatorfan wrote:It's just so cute! BoF posts a thread of BoFshit and "sticks" it on top. Are you really that insecure? Yes, it's obvious you are.

When I create a thread about the Labor Force Participation rate for the purpose of clearly displaying the fact that our forum republicans - PkrBum, ObamaSucks, TEO, Markle, and I appear to have forgotten gatorfan - are low information voters by virtue of the fact that they can't even offer a substantive opinion on the subject, and when I pin that thread to the top of the forum so that it can't fall off to page two, that isn't an example of me being insecure.  

Actually it does illustrate your insecurity pinhead. You remind me of the fat kid in elementary school who never gets picked for a team. Some people (like me) could care less about your "LPR" post (actually I could care less about MOST of your cherry picked economic snewze posts but I digress) and I don't recall posting anything about LPR in the past. So, BoF are you just outright lying again because you don't know your ass from your face or merely making up more BoFshit to try and feel important in your special childish way?

boards of FL

boards of FL

gatorfan wrote:Some people (like me) could care less about your "LPR" post (actually I could care less about MOST of your cherry picked economic snewze posts but I digress) and I don't recall posting anything about LPR in the past.

If you don't care about the LPR, why are you posting to a thread about the LPR? If you don't have anything substantive to offer with respect to the underlying subject matter of this thread, why are you posting to this thread?

How about including the folks who have given up on looking for a job....bet the unemployment rate doubles.

Markle

Markle

PROVING the error of Progressive thinking.

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate is 9.6% (BLS) or 14.1% (Gallup)

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate:

U3 Unemployment vs U6For September 2015 the official U-6 unemployment rate fell  from 10.3% in August to 9.6% in September. However, the independently produced Gallup equivalent called the “Underemployment Rate” only fell from  14.2% in August to 14.1% in September.

The current differential between Gallup and BLS on supposedly the same data is 4.5%! or roughly a 53% margin of error!

What is U-6?

U-6 is a broader measure of unemployment including discouraged workers and many consider U-6 to be”the Real Unemployment Rate” See: What is U-6 Unemployment? for the full definition of U-6 Unemployment.

As you can see from the chart below, the unadjusted U-6 unemployment rate was 15.2% in December 2011 and 14.4% in December 2012. By July it bounced up again to  15.2% and in October the U-6 miraculously fell back to 13.9% just in time for the election. But by January 2013 it was back to 15.4%. By January 2014 it was at 13.5% and by October 2014 it was down to the 11% range. In January 2015 it bounced back up to 12% but promptly returned to 10.4% by April.

Currently Gallup estimates it to be more like 14.1% as of September 2015.

Comparing U3 to U6

If you look at the chart below carefully you will see that the current (Unadjusted)  U-3 unemployment rate is 4.9% which is still above the U-3 rate from 2006-2008.

You may also notice that when unemployment rises the gap between U-3 and U-6 also rises. For instance, in October 2000, unemployment was at the lowest levels on this chart with U-3  at 3.6% and U-6 was at 6.3%. For a difference of only 2.7%.  But  at the peak of unemployment in January 2010 U-3 was at 10.6% but U-6 shot all the way up to 18% for a difference of 7.4%.

http://unemploymentdata.com/current-u6-unemployment-rate/

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:PROVING the error of Progressive thinking.

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate is 9.6% (BLS) or 14.1% (Gallup)

Current U-6 Unemployment Rate:

U3 Unemployment vs U6For September 2015 the official U-6 unemployment rate fell  from 10.3% in August to 9.6% in September. However, the independently produced Gallup equivalent called the “Underemployment Rate” only fell from  14.2% in August to 14.1% in September.

The current differential between Gallup and BLS on supposedly the same data is 4.5%! or roughly a 53% margin of error!

What is U-6?

U-6 is a broader measure of unemployment including discouraged workers and many consider U-6 to be”the Real Unemployment Rate” See: What is U-6 Unemployment? for the full definition of U-6 Unemployment.

As you can see from the chart below, the unadjusted U-6 unemployment rate was 15.2% in December 2011 and 14.4% in December 2012. By July it bounced up again to  15.2% and in October the U-6 miraculously fell back to 13.9% just in time for the election. But by January 2013 it was back to 15.4%. By January 2014 it was at 13.5% and by October 2014 it was down to the 11% range. In January 2015 it bounced back up to 12% but promptly returned to 10.4% by April.

Currently Gallup estimates it to be more like 14.1% as of September 2015.

Comparing U3 to U6

If you look at the chart below carefully you will see that the current (Unadjusted)  U-3 unemployment rate is 4.9% which is still above the U-3 rate from 2006-2008.

You may also notice that when unemployment rises the gap between U-3 and U-6 also rises. For instance, in October 2000, unemployment was at the lowest levels on this chart with U-3  at 3.6% and U-6 was at 6.3%. For a difference of only 2.7%.  But  at the peak of unemployment in January 2010 U-3 was at 10.6% but U-6 shot all the way up to 18% for a difference of 7.4%.

http://unemploymentdata.com/current-u6-unemployment-rate/

This thread is about the Labor Force Participation rate. I created this thread to illustrate the fact that our forum republicans are fairly ignorant on this issue. Being it the case that you just posted what you posted, you're confirming that fact.

Thank you, Markle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum