Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DOJ Forced to Release Secret Drone Justification to Kill American Citizens

+2
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

A unified congress gives us things like the iraq war, the patriot act, bailouts, stimulus, NDAA... etc. No thanks.

And when one side controls everything we get stuff like obamacaid... even when most people still oppose it.

I'll take gridlock any day.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:A unified congress gives us things like the iraq war, the patriot act, bailouts, stimulus, NDAA... etc. No thanks.

And when one side controls everything we get stuff like obamacaid... even when most people still oppose it.

I'll take gridlock any day.

I rest my case. There will only be conflict and divisiveness from here on out as this country continues to decline. Conflict and divisiveness go hand in hand with a declining nation. One side has to blame the decline on the other. It's always been that way.

I forgot the bush unfunded medicare prescription drug thing... that was a unified congress too.

Bob... what would lead you to believe that everyone in dc acting in cohesiveness helps you or me or we the people?

Do you honestly think our country can keep piling up debt like this without consequence? Our govt does apparently.

Surprise..!! The guy who wrote the secret legal justification to drone and assassinate american citizens gets senate confirmation along party line... but the obama administration refuses to release the documents. Yea team..!!

Luckily the leftists like seagoat support the legal justification and the judge that wrote what they have never read.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/reid-senate-judge-wrote-drone-memos-23806531

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Moral of the story-

Don't join a terrorist group like Al Qaeda and you won't eat a hellfire missile or GBU-12.

Pick a side Pacedog either you are for Holder and Obama or you are an American terrorist.

Pacedog -- reinforcing his claim that he at one time served in uniform for his country -- believes that people attending weddings who get blown away by an American drone because our intel wasn't correct (the same intel brought to us by the same CIA who predicted Castro would fall at the Bay of Pigs, and couldn't predict the fall of the Soviet Union, and whose leader told Dubya that Saddam's alleged involvement in seeking a nuclear weapon was a "slam dunk,") that these victims really aren't victims because they live "over there."

Such a point of view suggests that it may have been more dangerous to have served with Pacedog than being an enemy trooper.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Amazing how blind people can be...the only terrorists I see are the Federal government and they are quickly gearing up to terrorize the American people..wake up..

DOJ Forced to Release Secret Drone Justification to Kill American Citizens - Page 2 2687

This time I agree wholeheartedly with your POV. However, I don't think they're gearing up to terrorize us, they are already doing that.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Don't join a terrorist group like Al Qaeda and you won't eat a hellfire missile or GBU-12.

Pick a side Pacedog either you are for Holder and Obama or you are an American terrorist.

Pacedog -- reinforcing his claim that he at one time served in uniform for his country -- believes that people attending weddings who get blown away by an American drone because our intel wasn't correct (the same intel brought to us by the same CIA who predicted Castro would fall at the Bay of Pigs, and couldn't predict the fall of the Soviet Union, and whose leader told Dubya that Saddam's alleged involvement in seeking a nuclear weapon was a "slam dunk,") that these victims really aren't victims because they live "over there."

Such a point of view suggests that it may have been more dangerous to have served with Pacedog than being an enemy trooper.

Your history book must be a real work of art. You got to write it the way YOU think it should have happened.

In the REAL WORLD...NOT yours....

As you should learn, it was President Dwight D. Eisenhower who formulated and approved the invasion. During the lead up to the invasion, the plan leaked to virtually all the Cuban's in Miami.

The plan was terrible and used obsolete B-52's painted to look like Cuban planes. They missed their target and it was President John F. Kennedy who called off the second air strike leaving the troops hung out to dry. Not one of President Kennedy's brightest hours.

As for your nuclear denial with Saddam Hussein. Along with the fact that he had two years to hide all the incriminating evidence.

Associated Press
updated 7/5/2008 6:57:12 PM ET

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake"— the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/

Liberals hate facts.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

On the contrary IF Saddam had WMDs we wouldn't have invaded, we only attack little backward countries we know we can beat, and we still often get our ass handed to us. Not the fault of the troops just their leadership and the fact our actions  are morally wrong , and everyone knows the good guys always win in the end.

Who here thinks we have the right to see the legal justification to drone and kill us?

DOJ Forced to Release Secret Drone Justification to Kill American Citizens - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScpSm88iJimOGVMeo7lKVnoc-n-JLDApoQPYqFOHrR9t89dxfS

Transparency at it's finest with this administration is a window made with highly leaded glass.

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FscIgtDJFXg

Smile 

2seaoat

Who here thinks we have the right to see the legal justification to drone and kill us?

Who thinks we have the right

to see the legal justification

to drone and kill us.

Wow.....it is absurdly poetic. First, we do not have a right, we simply need to open up the case law and read. It is pretty straight forward. Second, under war powers the Executive Branch can take actions against threats to this nation without congressional approval, and sorry generals when defending this country do not need legal justification......or a lawyer in the command center giving his or her opinion as to military matters. Third.....I must say a creative use of the English language......to drone.......I am not sure what that is, but I get the Kill us.......if I am an enemy combatant and I am working with others who wish to bring harm to America, I am fair game, and I am probably going to drone......If my relatives believe it was wrong, they can file a wrongful death action against the US......gee you think they will win....silly boy.

https://www.aclu.org/national-security/al-aulaqi-v-panetta

https://www.aclu.org/blog/tag/anwar-al-awlaki

http://ccrjustice.org/targetedkillings

Description

In 2010, after reports that Anwar Al-Aulaqi had been placed on executive “kill lists,” CCR and the ACLU filed suit on behalf of his father, Nasser, challenging the government’s authorization for his son’s killing.

On September 30, 2011, U.S. strikes killed Anwar Al-Aulaqi, along with Samir Khan and three others. Two weeks later, the U.S. launched another drone strike at an open-air restaurant in Yemen, killing Anwar Al-Aulaqi’s son, Abdulrahman, and six other civilian bystanders, including another teenager. These killings, undertaken without due process, in circumstances where lethal force was not a last resort to address a specific, concrete and imminent threat, and where the government failed to take required measures to protect bystanders, rises to a violation of the most elementary constitutional right afforded to all U.S. citizens – deprivation of life without due process of law.

Status

On April 4, 2014, Judge Rosemary M. Collyer of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia granted the Defendants' Motion to Dismiss the case.

2seaoat

They had their day in court and lost.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Your history book must be a real work of art.  You got to write it the way YOU think it should have happened.

In the REAL WORLD...NOT yours....

As you should learn, it was President Dwight D. Eisenhower who formulated and approved the invasion.  During the lead up to the invasion, the plan leaked to virtually all the Cuban's in Miami.

The plan was terrible and used obsolete B-52's painted to look like Cuban planes.  They missed their target and it was President John F. Kennedy who called off the second air strike leaving the troops hung out to dry.  Not one of President Kennedy's brightest hours.

As for your nuclear denial with Saddam Hussein.  Along with the fact that he had two years to hide all the incriminating evidence.

Associated Press
updated 7/5/2008 6:57:12 PM ET  

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake"— the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/

Thank you Mr. Up is down ...

You didn't refute my claim that our failure at the Bay of Pigs was a result of bad intel from the CIA.

And even Dubya admits he was wrong about Saddam's WMD crapola.

Tell us all again why illegal aliens who don't speak English, have no math skills and no work ethic or experience are a major blight on the American workforce ....

LOL

DOJ Forced to Release Secret Drone Justification to Kill American Citizens - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIonuFuq3KVPmfSIH9C4L5CKLpLzvTR0syFRoN0uJhO4EMNC_p

I see...

Declaring war and invading a country to get a few thousands bad guys and having 100k in collateral damage is bad.

But using drones to get bad guys and having anywhere from 1-20 innocents as collateral damage, so let's say 10,000 innocents for every 1,000 bad guys, is good.

I feel so comforted.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum