Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Measles Virus Engineered to Kill Incurable Cancer

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/276966.php

In what they describe as a proof of principle study, doctors in the US were able to keep a woman with deadly multiple myeloma - an incurable bone marrow cancer - free of all signs of living cancer cells for over 6 months by giving her just one high dose of measles virus.

Two patients received a single intravenous dose of measles virus that was engineered to kill myeloma plasma cells and not harm other cells.

The team, from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, says both patients responded to the treatment, showing reduced bone marrow cancer and levels of myeloma protein.

But one patient, a 49-year-old woman, experienced complete remission and remained disease-free for over 6 months.

A report on this first study to establish the feasibility of the treatment appears in the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

In this case it entailed injecting Ms Erholtz with 100 billion units of the measles virus - enough to provide inoculations for 10 million people.

However the virus had to be “engineered” before using the therapy

I believe in accuracy she was in remission for 6 months, not cured.

I respect mayo tremendously, but I remain skeptic. That's a lot of units, and that's a lot of genetically modified viruses. Yes, Im skeptic and suspicious.

Who genetically modified this virus? I don't see it in the article, perhaps I over looked it.

2seaoat

Old news. Since the 1890s heavy viral infections have caused tumor reduction. At the turn of the century scientist discovered the same.

The Europeans are five years ahead of America on cancer interventions with virus strains. My survival depends on the Swedes having good results on their phase one studies. They have modified five viruses including the herpes virus to attack endocrine tumors. In animal studies they have 100% elimination of endocrine tumors. Big Pharm has not been putting investments in the European virus studies, and in my case over 2 million British Pounds were raised by an oilman in Texas and small individual donations to take the European studies to a phase 2 clinical study at Baylor where they are producing large quantities of the same for the phase 2. Virus production is cheap.....it is effective, and one may ask with Big Pharm, and Big Cancer not for profit research why have they not got on board.....simple....the cure for cancer will not make them money.

In the 20s they found tumor reductions after rabies shots, and other viral infections, and now the challenge in the European labs is precise targeting and sustained tumor eradication. In my case, I will not be eligible for the phase 2 at Baylor until late 2015 or early 2016, sadly I will never see 2016, and like so many who have been going over to Sweden begging to just give me the shots......they are handcuffed until all the required studies are done. Again....old news in the world......but despite Markle's fantasy that the USA leads across the board in medicine, it is not quite the monopoly in research that the USA once enjoyed.

2seaoat

I think one can see a preliminary correlation in the rise of cancer as a percentage of deaths and the subsequent reduction of viral deaths through effective vaccinations. If they are successful, the vaccinations stop the spread of full blown viral infection which has been shown clearly to have an impact on cancer cells. What is the impact on the evolution of those cancer cells with the eradication of those viral attacks.......interesting in the theoretical, but fortunately the clinical studies are advancing, and are very hopeful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum