Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

61% support Keystone XL pipeline but the ONE delays

+3
Floridatexan
2seaoat
ZVUGKTUBM
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2014/new_high_61_favor_building_the_keystone_xl_pipeline

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/keystone-xls-continued-delay-is-absurd/2014/04/23/81dab79c-c98c-11e3-95f7-7ecdde72d2ea_print.html

Just more arrogance from him....arrogance.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Environmental pressure groups have pushed for the delay, but this will not stop the Canadians from continuing to extract bitumen from Alberta's Athabasca oil sands. The bitumen will continue to be shipped by rail to refineries in Oklahoma and other places. Those trains will pass right over the aquifers the pressure groups are complaining about, and they will be belching carbon from their exhaust stacks all along the way. Simple facts.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

He's already allowed portions to be built. I bet he'll approve the rest after the election... to be immediately followed by leftist approval and amnesia that there was ever opposition or promises by obama. Let's not pretend results matter to leftists.

2seaoat

PK you really need to use the god given gray matter you were blessed with, or is it just intellectual slothfulness? First, the permit has expired and it is the Nebraska ranchers and farmers who are objecting at the local permitting level. It does not matter a wit what the President does or does not do until there is compliance with the permitting process which has expired.

Second, the pipeline is already built and delivering this evil oil as we speak. This is only the second branch of the pipeline, and it has become a political sound bite. The pipeline needs to find compliance with the permitting law, and it needs to be built. Z is entirely correct. The oil will go to market, the question is which method is the safest and most cost efficient. The answer is simple. Complete the second leg of the pipeline.

However, when our resident libertarian argues that a Nebraska rancher should allow a foreign national corporation to come onto his land and use the power of imminent domain to condemn his land and force him to accept a route without that farmer or rancher being allowed during the permitting process to show his environmental concerns and offer less risky routes at permitting hearings...........then exactly whose liberty does PK really stand for in his feudalism he preaches. If one renders his essence down........it smells like the kid raised in Texas still has some of that good ol boy 1950 motivation on how the world should look......and the politics is secondary to his disdain for government and what has happened in the last fifty years as democracy now involves all the people.

I never said any of that you old coot. I may have inferred it... for ulterior motives... but I didn't say it... lol.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The project is now on indefinite hold. I don't believe it should be built. Where are the benefits?

Moar oil wench

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:PK you really need to use the god given gray matter you were blessed with, or is it just intellectual slothfulness?   First, the permit has expired and it is the Nebraska ranchers and farmers who are objecting at the local permitting level.  It does not matter a wit what the President does or does not do until there is compliance with the permitting process which has expired.

Second, the pipeline is already built and delivering this evil oil as we speak.  This is only the second branch of the pipeline, and it has become a political sound bite.   The pipeline needs to find compliance with the permitting law, and it needs to be built.  Z is entirely correct.  The oil will go to market, the question is which method is the safest and most cost efficient.  The answer is simple.  Complete the second leg of the pipeline.

However, when our resident libertarian argues that a Nebraska rancher should allow a foreign national corporation to come onto his land and use the power of imminent domain to condemn his land and force him to accept a route without that farmer or rancher being allowed during the permitting process to show his environmental concerns and offer less risky routes at permitting hearings...........then exactly whose liberty does PK really stand for in his feudalism he preaches.   If one renders his essence down........it smells like the kid raised in Texas still has some of that good ol boy 1950 motivation on how the world should look......and the politics is secondary to his disdain for government and what has happened in the last fifty years as democracy now involves all the people.

Do you mean eminent domain?

And yes, it is perfectly legal for a foreign owned company come in and use our EMINENT domain laws for the benefit of the community and country.  They still have to go through our local and state legal system.  The least hazardous route has been selected and the rancher/farmer is now negotiating for PRICE.  You remember that do you not?

Since Chrysler is owned by a foreign company, Fiat, does that make it a foreign car or American?

Last edited by Markle on 4/24/2014, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

And, so it shall be built.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

Which benefits the vast majority of the country AND will enable us to be less dependent on foreign oil. I thought that was a benefit too. Also, the fact that there is far less danger in a pipeline and far less ENERGY consumed transporting oil by pipeline than by rail or truck.

President Barack Hussein Obama sees a cost free, to HIM of clinging desperately to money from far left environmentalists for the November campaign. A multi-billionaire from California has promised $150 MILLION to any candidate opposing the pipeline. I wonder if he owns trucks or rail lines?

2seaoat

President Barack Hussein Obama sees.....

Pay attention....the permits have lapsed....it is no longer relevant to care about what the president does.....they have to start over, and it is in fact the locals who will determine the permitting process and President Clinton can give her approval. Thank you for correcting my typo. Also, to Tex, Mr. Markle is correct on both the safety and efficiency of pipeline transport. However, Z has made a very convincing argument that continuing like it is now will continue to keep Americans employed. I however believe safety trumps this issue and the pipeline should be approved. I have been involved in a derailment and horrible environmental accident involving a large fish kill and rail simply is not as safe as pipeline.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

Which benefits the vast majority of the country AND will enable us to be less dependent on foreign oil.  I thought that was a benefit too.  Also, the fact that there is far less danger in a pipeline and far less ENERGY consumed transporting oil by pipeline than by rail or truck.

President Barack Hussein Obama sees a cost free, to HIM of clinging desperately to money from far left environmentalists for the November campaign.  A multi-billionaire from California has promised $150 MILLION to any candidate opposing the pipeline.  I wonder if he owns trucks or rail lines?

First paragraph = Fact. Second paragraph = Spin.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Where are the benefits?

Access to 175 Billion barrels of recoverable oil that our soldiers do not have to police or occupy another nation to have.

At least for a few decades, the U.S. and Canada will reign as major energy producers once again because of our tight-oil reserves and their oil-sands, among other reserves. It might serve to keep politicians from starting wars over oil, and will greatly boost our economy.

In the long run, the road to renewable energy is an inevitable path for everyone. However, it won't happen until the world's remaining oil reserves are depleted, and the cost of a barrel of oil is 2-3 times what it currently is. Our grandchildren will see the end of petroleum as a cheap energy source.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

Which benefits the vast majority of the country AND will enable us to be less dependent on foreign oil.  I thought that was a benefit too.  Also, the fact that there is far less danger in a pipeline and far less ENERGY consumed transporting oil by pipeline than by rail or truck.

President Barack Hussein Obama sees a cost free, to HIM of clinging desperately to money from far left environmentalists for the November campaign.  A multi-billionaire from California has promised $150 MILLION to any candidate opposing the pipeline.  I wonder if he owns trucks or rail lines?

PLEASE explain what I posted in the second paragraph which is not factually true.

no stress

no stress

Last weekend over a million gallons or raw sewage overflowed and ran into the creeks and streams in Mobile Alabama because of heavy rains. Multiply this by every town in the country during heavy rains. And people worry about the potential problem with an oil pipeline?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

PLEASE explain what I posted in the second paragraph which is not factually true.

It is mostly just your opinion, conflated with information to make it look like it is real. Good enough? That is about as factual as it gets.  Embarassed

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

It is mostly just your opinion, conflated with information to make it look like it is real. Good enough? That is about as factual as it gets.  Embarassed

Couldn't do it could you. But, cute try!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

Herr Markle's right in not trusting Amerika Inc (our government) or oil companies.

Clearly, neither one thinks of anything except how to make more money, right now!

Reality!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Where are the benefits?  

Solely on Wall Street.

Spread that manure thick, Markle. This project's potential liabilities far outweigh any benefit to the American people, and there are numerous ongoing protests. What I see is a foreign corporation that can't even clean up in its own country. What would make anyone think they'd clean up or even do regular maintenance in OURS?

FT,
Whaaaaaaa

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum