Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The dreaded procedure is over!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The dreaded procedure is over! Empty The dreaded procedure is over! 4/23/2014, 5:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Colonoscopy.....in at 11am and out at 12:30.

Even the prep wasn't to terribly bad. I cheated and had a liquid diet on Monday as well as the required clear liquids on Tuesday. Hopefully this will last for 3 years.

I thought you were only supposed to have it every 10 years?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:I thought you were only supposed to have it every 10 years?

Normally.

I see.

no stress

no stress

Turned 50 this month! Cant wait to have this done! So excited

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The procedure is a piece of cake.....you are asleep.

That prep, though... No 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Twisted Evil 

Glad it went well for you. I did not like it at all.  No 

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have done it twice. Both times without sedation (I watched the monitor with the doctor).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I have done it twice. Both times without sedation (I watched the monitor with the doctor).

A colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy?

knothead

knothead

Glad its over for ya joani . . . . I certainly didn't like it but it was just an inconvenience more than anything else . . . . the prep of course was the worse part.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks....

no stress

no stress

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I have done it twice. Both times without sedation (I watched the monitor with the doctor).
I cannot even imagine laying there and watching as the doc runs that camera up my backside and into my guts. If you did it awake you have balls of stainless steel.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:

A colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy?

A sigmoid and also 2 colonoscopies; all without sedation. I had the sigmoid at the Navy Hospital without sedation. Then a couple of years later I had my first colonoscopy at the Endoscopy Center, and I would not allow them to sedate me (I figured, the sigmoid was painless, so the colonoscopy should also be a breeze). I had my second colonoscopy at WFH, and again would not allow them to sedate me (though they insisted in installing a shunt in my wrist in case I needed an IV for something--I tried to talk them out of it to no avail).

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Gunz wrote:
I cannot even imagine laying there and watching as the doc runs that camera up my backside and into my guts.  If you did it awake you have balls of stainless steel.

After my first one, the nurses were whispering about me as I walked past: "That man did it without sedation....." I had two things on my mind at that point--getting some real food in my gut, and getting back to the office so I could work through the afternoon.  Razz 

Did it hurt w/o sedation?

no stress

no stress

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Gunz wrote:
I cannot even imagine laying there and watching as the doc runs that camera up my backside and into my guts.  If you did it awake you have balls of stainless steel.

After my first one, the nurses were whispering about me as I walked past: "That man did it without sedation....." I had two things on my mind at that point--getting some real food in my gut, and getting back to the office so I could work through the afternoon.  Razz 
Nice Z!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I had two sigmoidoscoies without sedation...the first one 35 years ago was more than just the sigmoid.....and I really wanted to hit him after the procedure when he told me how far he was able to scope me. The second was not painful at all. I still want sedation with the colonoscopy.......because of polyps and the biopsy.

The sedation with the colonoscopy does not incapacitate me once I wake up. In fact, after the procedure we went to the brand new Panera Bread in Gulf Breeze.

20The dreaded procedure is over! Empty Re: The dreaded procedure is over! 4/23/2014, 11:13 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:Did it hurt w/o sedation?

I didn't feel anything, and I didn't even feel it when he zapped the polyps.

I didn't have any polyps on my second one at WHF, and was even given a photograph of the inside of my colon.

21The dreaded procedure is over! Empty Re: The dreaded procedure is over! 4/23/2014, 11:25 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Glad it went well for you. I have to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy every three years. I keep hoping they will invent a different kind of prep. I always hit a Chinese buffet on the way home.

Did they give you pictures when they released you? I felt like it was a little souvenir pack!

The dreaded procedure is over! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROVT2V5EGFBVcktlGIKWgHlK5GmsLLTczxNWSqyt98K7EIsjYW

Good to hear. Hope they didn't find any problems... Looking forward to your posts in the years to come...

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG9YAHYe80I

Smile 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum