Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Transcendence" is the best science fiction movie I've ever seen

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

for sleeping that is. It pure sucks. If you waste your hard earned money on a ticket don't say I didn't warn you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It really pisses me off too. Because the theme this movie tries to do is so interesting. Which is the question of where technology is taking us. And as artificial intelligence (computer intelligence) advances, what form will it take. What will be the benefits and the risks. Will it be our salvation or our downfall. That sort of thing.
It's a damn shame that so much money was wasted on this piece of crap movie that could have been spent on a movie which makes us all think about these things.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How was the popcorn?

Thanks for nothing. I was going to see the movie so I stocked up on Milk duds(my Fav) to sneak in. I dont think they are legal to eat outside of a movie theater, so now I am stuck with 5 packages of them. Maybe I can shoot them in my sling shot. That is, if they don't get hot and stick together.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:Thanks for nothing.  I was going to see the movie so I stocked up on Milk duds(my  Fav) to sneak in.  I dont think they are legal to eat outside of a movie theater, so now  I am stuck with 5 packages of them.  Maybe  I can shoot them in my sling shot.  That is, if they don't get hot and stick together.

I'll share with you....I love milk duds.

Dollar a big box at Dollar Tree. The poor mans Macy's.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

CVS has Easter candy 50% off.

My daughter went to the drug store for me.....with my debit card. She called all excited because she had a $4.00 off coupon on a $20.00 or more purchase. She wanted to know if I needed anything else and I told her no. So she bought me some Reese White chocolate eggs and my grandson Little swimmers diapers. What a bargin. My $5.00 purchase cost me $23.00 - $4.00 coupon for a total of $19.00.

She didn't take the IQ test.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:How was the popcorn?

This time I didn't take the popcorn.  Took a zipper ziplock bag with me,  stopped at CVS on the way,  bought a can of store brand cashews and a bottle of cold coke zero.
In the theater parking lot I poured about half the cashews in the ziplock and put that in my pants pocket.  And as always stuffed the coke bottle down the back of my pants (no jokes please).  

At the rate they sell midget bags of peanuts at the concession stand,  I carried in about $30 worth of nuts for half of $3.
And I paid a little over a dollar for what would been probably $5 worth of sugar water in the theater.

And I say to seaoat,  why not?  It's a no brainer.  And it aint hurtin anybody cause even if I don't carry it in,   I sure as hell wouldn't be buying that overpriced snack food and sugar water at the rate they charge.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Hubby and I haven't been to a movie theater since we moved from Huntsville. There were 2 discount theaters in Huntsville, but there are none anywhere near where we live now.

The price of snacks at theaters is outrageous. I agree with Bob on this. But I guess the market dictates the price and enough people are willing to pay it.

I do miss Japan, and the movie theater on base, where we got a medium popcorn and a large drink for $5.00. Ticket price was like $2.00. So we went to the movies fairly often there. No stadium seating there though....the theater was built in maybe the 50's.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote: Dollar Tree.  The poor mans Macy's [/b]

I love that,  Ichi.  lol

If you wanna have some fun,  Dollar Tree is the place to go.
They have frozen rib-eye steaks for $1.
It's the funniest thing you ever saw.  They're as big as a ribeye
at McGuires.  But then you look closer and they're 1/4 inch thick.  lol

One night last year we decided to barbecue steaks before the poker game.
Everybody was to pick up his own steak and bring it.  I got a regular steak at Winn Dixie,  but I also got one of those 1/4 inch steaks too.

When I got there,  I had both steaks wrapped up and in a cooler.
Now you need to know that everybody, including these dudes,  know what a cheapskate I am.
You should have heard the reaction when I put that 1/4 inch steak on the grill.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

In it's defense, believe it or not that 1/4" ribeye is perfect for a steak sandwich. A little mayo and lettuce/tomato and that thing, and I'll put it up against any steak sandwich in town. And only a dollar.

But I'm not guaranteeing that it's actually real beef? lol

The west-side would like Somalia with out the Dollar Trees and the Dollar Generals. Family dollar not so much...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It aint so bad,  Ichi.  It's selling the same china stuff you get anywhere else except it's selling it at a lower price.

It's a lesson in socioeconomics to go in there.  After you watch the constomers for a while you begin to surmise that many of the dollar tree shoppers are folks who NEED to save money.  Not like me,  NEED to save money.

2seaoat

And I say to seaoat, why not? It's a no brainer. And it aint hurtin anybody cause even if I don't carry it in, I sure as hell wouldn't be buying that overpriced snack food and sugar water at the rate they charge.

Bob, I can say this without a bit of hesitation......you have brought me great joy over the years, and I am a better person for knowing you.....please do not change.....but please stay out of jail, and understand the economic curve of the dying commercial movie house and the shift in their profit centers will be gone soon enough without your theft.

Divergent was very good.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Bob, I can say this without a bit of hesitation......you have brought me great joy over the years, and I am a better person for knowing you.....please do not change.....but please stay out of jail, and understand the economic curve of the dying commercial movie house and the shift in their profit centers will be gone soon enough without your theft.

Those are very kind words, seaoat. Thanks for that. But can you wait another week to get the $20 I promised you for posting it. lol

The movie theaters are going the way of the newspapers, seaoat.
If I was to live a normal lifespan (which of course is doubtful with my lifestyle lol), I think it's possible that I'll outlive the movie theaters.
By then, everybody will have a 60" HDTV on the wall for a couple hundred bucks (adjusted for inflation). And once that happens people aint gonna be paying no $15 dollars for one lousy theater ticket plus all that ripoff concessions.
If all the people who sneak in snacks (most of whom wouldn't buy the theater concessions anyway) were to stop doing it tomorrow, the theaters will die anyway.
It's just a fact of economic life. Same as with the newspapers.

Which brings me back to the theme of this movie. That being how the advance in technology is gonna impact on us all. It's going to be as significant as how enovironmental pollution is gonna impact on us all.
And it's discouraging that hollywood could come up with no better than this.

cool1

cool1

I want to see that movie Heaven is for real-something like that with the little boy in it---a friend watched it and said it was really good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum