Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revenant the movie

+2
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Revenant the movie Empty Revenant the movie 1/17/2016, 1:21 am

2seaoat

I am seldom moved by photography and visual context in a movie, but this was a very pleasant experience for an Eagle Scout who always wanted to be born in 1805 and have lived in the 1825 to 35 in Montana.  I read book after book as a young man during that time period and loved the freedom and adventure of experiencing the raw beauty of this nation, and the self sufficiency of life in the west by Mountain men.

There were historical errors in the movie, and there was some gratuitous blood, but its flavor was simple off the chart.   My biggest bitch is that Tom Hardy did not get the best actor nod.   He stole the movie.  I first had him on my radar screen with the drop which was Tony Sopranos last movie.  Hardy was the bartender and simply stole the show.  Oh well.  A total surprise.  The photography alone had me, but Hardy simply stole the show again.....this guy in my opinion is the best young actor in Hollywood.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 1/18/2016, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/17/2016, 1:29 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah and climbing naked into a horse's carcass to keep from freezing has always been one of my aspirations as an explorer scout..... Wonder what that badge looks like ?

3 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/17/2016, 1:50 am

2seaoat

The warmth was temporary. Anybody doing winter camping knows to strip down and get into a wet dead horse which will be frozen from hoof to nose in the morning is stretching the truth, but in the morning they made a point to show the droplets coming off the pine which suggested it might not have been as cold as South Dakota and Montana can get.......but again it was a kids dream where I would go out into the woods and walk miles away from everybody and sleep without a tent or fire....the solitude and beauty. When we were in Boundary waters in Canada in the early seventies, I always slept apart from the group which usually was four couples and slept outside under the stars.....my wife did not like that, but the key to the same is waiting for the dew to drop before dragging your bedding out from your gear, and make sure you do not wake up with a porcupine on your sleeping bag (not me but one of our group who from that point always stayed in the tent_.......no this movie was simply beautiful and again the blood in my opinion took a lot away from the movie, but it also showed how alone you were to make it on your own merits.

4 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/17/2016, 9:07 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

These guys must have had antifreeze for blood. I know how quickly being wet in sub-zero temperatures can cause frost bite. They should have been leaving black toes and fingers all along the trail....

5 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/18/2016, 3:49 pm

polecat

polecat

Hardy left a few fingers there at the end.

6 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/18/2016, 3:59 pm

Sal

Sal

The title of the movie is "The Revenant", not "Remnant".

7 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/18/2016, 8:57 pm

Markle

Markle

Salinsky wrote:The title of the movie is "The Revenant", not "Remnant".

That's what I thought but since 2seaoat is never wrong....

8 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/18/2016, 9:03 pm

2seaoat

I just got off the bobcat after 11 hours.....I do not think I am hitting on all cylinders right now.....you might say I am on overload.....met with the plumber, and meet with the electrician Tuesday, and I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Great movie, and Hardy was spectacular. I was dead wrong, and I admit the same.....I am getting my their and there wrong and I am having to reread my posts.....I figure from my doc appoints next week until Feb 8 I will rest and recharge what is left of my battery.

9 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/18/2016, 9:43 pm

I'm sorry you have to read your posts... but it may give you some empathy for what the rest of us have suffered... lol.

10 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/18/2016, 9:56 pm

2seaoat

I'm sorry you have to read your posts... but it may give you some empathy for what the rest of us have suffered... lol.

I know what you mean....I read one of my posts and called my dog over....asked her if she had learned to type.

11 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/19/2016, 10:20 am

Vikingwoman

How do you go from being weak and in the bed to 11 hrs on a Bobcat? What are you doing anyway building a house?

12 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/19/2016, 10:40 am

The movie was a bit too long - some of the beautiful scenery shots lingered. I won't say I "enjoyed" it, but I'm glad I saw it - especially on the big screen. I was surprised to hear that Tom Hardy is British.

13 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/20/2016, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

The movie was a bit too long - some of the beautiful scenery shots lingered. I won't say I "enjoyed" it, but I'm glad I saw it - especially on the big screen. I was surprised to hear that Tom Hardy is British.

He is full British which makes it even more remarkable when you see him in the drop.......I think he should have been the one who was nominated for best actor.....he actually did some acting......not just grunting and dying for half the movie.

14 Revenant the movie Empty Re: Revenant the movie 1/20/2016, 12:35 pm

2seaoat

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum