• A guy recently was arrested for: trafficking in cocaine/marijuana, felony weapon possession, evidence destroying.
• His bond was set at $35,000
• He made bail – but it was done in increments of $5,000
• He has a fairly extensive prior arrest/conviction record.
Questions for the knowledgeable law enforcement professionals:
1. Is it a judge who sets the bond amount?
2. What are reasons for the seemingly low bond?
3. Is previous record considered when determining the bond amount?
4. Why is a $35K bond broken up into multiple $5K increments?