Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gallup: U.S. Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.gallup.com/poll/167798/uninsured-rate-continues-fall.aspx?ref=more

Gallup:  U.S. Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall B12atxiztekoguarvptywa

These data are based on more than 28,000 interviews with Americans from Jan. 2-Feb. 28, 2014, as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. With only a few weeks remaining in the first quarter, the uninsured rate is on track to be the lowest quarterly level that Gallup and Healthways have measured since 2008.

The uninsured rate has been declining since the fourth quarter of 2013, after hitting an all-time high of 18.0% in the third quarter. The uninsured rate for the first quarter of 2014 so far includes a 16.2% reading for January and 15.6% for February.

Uninsured Rate Declines Most Among Lower-Income and Black Americans

The uninsured rate for almost every major demographic group has dropped in 2014 so far. The percentage of uninsured Americans with an annual household income of less than $36,000 has dropped the most -- by 2.8 percentage points -- to 27.9% since the fourth quarter of 2013, while the percentage of uninsured blacks has fallen 2.6 points to 18.3%. Hispanics remain the subgroup most likely to lack health insurance, with an uninsured rate of 37.9%.

The percentage of uninsured has declined across all age groups this year, except for those aged 65 and older. The uninsured rate for that group has likely remained stable because most Americans aged 65 and older have Medicare.

The uninsured rate among 26- to 34-year olds and 35- to 64-year olds continues to decline -- now at 26.6% and 16.3%, respectively. The February Enrollment Report released by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) highlighted no significant changes in young adults' enrollment in the health exchanges since its December report, with the cumulative total enrollment rate among 18- to 34-year-olds hovering at 25%. The Obama administration has made young adults' enrollment in a health insurance plan a top priority, as healthcare experts say 40% of new enrollees must be young and healthy for the Affordable Care Act to be successful.

Gallup:  U.S. Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall Jndgfkmd-eg3d1d0o2tm7a

Fewer Americans Get Primary Coverage Through Employer

The percentage of Americans who get insurance through a current or former employer fell nearly two points so far in the first quarter of 2014 to 43.4%. More Americans now say their primary health insurance coverage is through a plan fully paid for by themselves or a family member compared with at the end of 2013 -- 18.1% vs. 17.2%. The percentage who say they are covered primarily through Medicaid is also up slightly, likely because some states have chosen to expand Medicaid coverage.

Gallup:  U.S. Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall 7veycusfh0qpny09q76nca

Implications

The uninsured rate continues to decline after the requirement to have health insurance went into effect on Jan. 1, 2014. This drop could be a result of the ACA, which aims to provide healthcare coverage to more Americans through multiple provisions, including federal and state healthcare marketplaces where Americans can purchase health insurance coverage at competitive rates.

At the end of February, HHS reported 4 million people have signed up for health insurance coverage through the marketplaces established under the ACA. With the open enrollment period scheduled to close on March 31, the uninsured rate in the U.S. will likely continue to fall. Additionally, healthcare aides in the Obama administration announced on Wednesday that Americans will be able to renew old health insurance plans for up to three years, even if the plans do not comply with ACA policies. Other provisions of the healthcare law have not yet gone into effect, such as the requirement for employers to provide health insurance to their employees by 2015 or 2016. These provisions also may affect the uninsured rate over time.

Gallup will continue to track the U.S. uninsured rate in the weeks and months ahead.

Survey Methods

Results are based on telephone interviews conducted as part of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index survey Jan. 2-Feb. 28, 2014, with a random sample of 28,396 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

For results based on the total sample of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±1 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on landline telephones and cellular phones, with interviews conducted in Spanish for respondents who are primarily Spanish-speaking. Each sample of national adults includes a minimum quota of 50% cellphone respondents and 50% landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas by time zone within region. Landline and cellular telephone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods. Landline respondents are chosen at random within each household on the basis of which member had the most recent birthday.

Samples are weighted to correct for unequal selection probability, nonresponse, and double coverage of landline and cell users in the two sampling frames. They are also weighted to match the national demographics of gender, age, race, Hispanic ethnicity, education, region, population density, and phone status (cellphone only/landline only/both, and cellphone mostly). Demographic weighting targets are based on the most recent Current Population Survey figures for the aged 18 and older U.S. population. Phone status targets are based on the most recent National Health Interview Survey. Population density targets are based on the most recent U.S. census. All reported margins of sampling error include the computed design effects for weighting.

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

2seaoat

Now why do you have to go get facts and mess up all the fun?

boards of FL

boards of FL

Gosh.  Looks like fairly reliable and robust data, doesn't it?

2seaoat

This is way too much fun......and the idiocy factor makes it all the more fun. Like all the people we personally know who have benefited from the affordable care act are just illusions and the fantasy of fox news somehow has become reality. This is hilarious. I honestly know 10 families who have celebrated the freedom of the exchanges. I do not know one person who lost coverage. The facts are just overwhelming and the longer they deny reality, the more fun this becomes.

Medicaid expansion could account for nearly the entire decline inside of the +/-1 margin of error... more statistical noise.

LMAO! Now we are going to use a POLL to measure accurate numbers?

omg I have never in my life seen this kind of stupid LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I tell ya what, maybe we should use polls to tell us how many people have STD's or jobs Wink or big dicks LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Lots of SOCKS floating around the forum tonight...... I wonder why?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Lots of SOCKS floating around the forum tonight...... I wonder why?

That's chrissy sherlock.

PkrBum wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Lots of SOCKS floating around the forum tonight...... I wonder why?

That's chrissy sherlock.

LOL that's a smart one up there aint it LOL  Wink 

2seaoat

The numbers tell the whole story...the rest is more hot air.

2seaoat wrote:The numbers tell the whole story...the rest is more hot air.

LOL tell ya what Einstein, next time you go to the doctor, just take a poll in the office of how many milligrams of what medication you need since accuracy means nothing to you.  Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

You went a bit crazy when the President won, Bin Laden was killed, and people decided to sign up under the Affordable Care Act. It must be tough right now for you. Take a deep breath.......more children now have coverage and families now have coverage, and you are lost in confusion of hate, which makes up down and left right.

2seaoat wrote:You went a bit crazy when the President won, Bin Laden was killed, and people decided to sign up under the Affordable Care Act. It must be tough right now for you. Take a deep breath.......more children now have coverage and families now have coverage, and you are lost in confusion of hate, which makes up down and left right.

"I will sign a universal health care bill into law by the end of my first term as president that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

2seaoat

Exactly what most of the folks I know have experienced. Now tell me all about the folks you know who lost coverage. This ought to be good.

2seaoat wrote:Exactly what most of the folks I know have experienced. Now tell me all about the folks you know who lost coverage. This ought to be good.

You want to trade anecdotal accounts? Lol... you remind me of the guy pounding his head against a brick wall...

because it feels sooo good when he stops.

2seaoat wrote:You went a bit crazy when the President won, Bin Laden was killed, and people decided to sign up under the Affordable Care Act.  It must be tough right now for you.  Take a deep breath.......more children now have coverage and families now have coverage, and you are lost in confusion of hate, which makes up down and left right.

whats wrong? cant stick to the facts so you offer up some empty commentary.

Of those who bought ObamaCare-approved insurance, just 27% came from the ranks of the uninsured, according to a February survey by McKinsey & Co. In the months leading up to February, that figure was just 11%.

Even this could be optimistic, since McKinsey also found that about half of the previously uninsured still hadn't paid their first ObamaCare premium. Many of them could wind up back in the uninsured pool.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/032814-695150-obamacare-enrollment-exposes-democrat-lies-about-the-uninsured.htm#ixzz2xMHbFnoB
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

2seaoat

It is not me who needs to reconcile years of talking about the failure of the affordable care act only to be met with overwhelming evidence which is contrary. It has to be tough on the stupids right now. What new topic will they jump to after getting a butt beating on Affordable Care Act.....tough times for stupid.

2seaoat wrote:It is not me who needs to reconcile years of talking about the failure of the affordable care act only to be met with overwhelming evidence which is contrary.  It has to be tough on the stupids right now.  What new topic will they jump to after getting a butt beating on Affordable Care Act.....tough times for stupid.

like I said. keep on lying to yourself, it only reveals how ignorant you are.

Of those who bought ObamaCare-approved insurance, just 27% came from the ranks of the uninsured, according to a February survey by McKinsey & Co. In the months leading up to February, that figure was just 11%.

Even this could be optimistic, since McKinsey also found that about half of the previously uninsured still hadn't paid their first ObamaCare premium. Many of them could wind up back in the uninsured pool.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/032814-695150-obamacare-enrollment-exposes-democrat-lies-about-the-uninsured.htm#ixzz2xMHbFnoB
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

2seaoat

eight million and ten million possible.....it must really hurt trying to dismiss the obvious success of the Affordable Care Act.........Ouch.

dumpcare

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Blog/2013/Nov/State-Decisions-on-Policy-Cancellations-Fix.aspx

http://analytics.ubabenefits.com/blog/bid/340273/Was-another-delay-necessary

boards of FL

boards of FL

Karma wrote:LMAO! Now we are going to use a POLL to measure accurate numbers?

omg I have never in my life seen this kind of stupid LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I tell ya what, maybe we should use polls to tell us how many people have STD's or jobs Wink or big dicks LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

And here I give you the state of the current GOP base. This is a real post. This isn't a democrat trolling in an attempt to making the GOP look stupid. This isn't a Koch brothers plant at a union rally. This is a real person expressing a real...something. This is really happening.

2seaoat

Thankfully most Americans do not go near the stupid spoon, but they would be lying if they said they did not enjoy the entertainment value. For two years stupid said people would not seek out medical coverage, and they attempted to sell the same.......people voted with their feet, and now we have the folks around here who can not let go of the stupid spoon, ready to change the subject. Sorry folks......people are signing up for medical coverage.

As many a half could be the unpaid and those displaced and forced into the exchange... then we have the under 26 on parents plans... the elderly and sick... a large portion of heavily subsidized in most likelihood. I'd hold off the touchdown dance.

We'll probably only get a glimpse of the clusterfuck by the insurance rate increases.

2seaoat

keep stirring the stupid spoon.

Health care cost increases are at record lows
Healthcare price inflation lowest in 50 years
CBO has reduced Medicare and Medicaid projections for 2020 by 147 billion

simply a home run

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/healthcostreport_final_noembargo_v2.pdf

Stupid is permanent

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/03/31/how-the-administration-could-miss-a-cbo-obamacare-target/

The large media focus in the first Obamacare enrollment period has been on whether the administration would hit CBO targets for exchange enrollment. The CBO has said it expects 6 million people to enroll through exchanges in 2014 - more than 6 million have signed up,so that target looks in reach if enough people pay their premiums.

But about one-third of those exchange signups were previously uninsured people,according to the report findings. It also found about 4.5 million adults had newly enrolled in Medicaid;9 million people,most who were previously insured,have signed up for individual plans off the exchanges;and fewer than 1 million people who had their coverage cancelled remain uninsured.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum