Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

failed obummer care

+5
Markle
2seaoat
dumpcare
ZVUGKTUBM
KarlRove
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Markle

Markle

POLITICS

Lawmakers warn cost of federal free phone program spinning out of control

Jim Angle

By Jim Angle
• Published April 22, 2013
• FoxNews.com

What started out as an effort by President Reagan to help poor people in rural areas have a phone in cases of emergency has mushroomed into what critics suspect is a new welfare program.

"The cost has gone from $143 million a few years ago to $2.2 billion today," Republican Louisiana Sen. David Vitter said, noting that today's cost is 15 times what it was.

The cost of the program increased dramatically after cellphones were added in 2008. Only low-income people on welfare and food stamps legally qualify, but some lawmakers say the program is out of control.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/22/lawmakers-warn-cost-federal-free-phone-program-spinning-out-control/

27failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/25/2014, 9:35 pm

Markle

Markle

Once again my Progressive good friends ZVUGKTUBM and Dreamsglore have quietly slunk away after repeatedly challenging my FACTS and being PROVEN WRONG again.

One would think they would learn.

Last edited by Markle on 3/26/2014, 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

28failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/25/2014, 10:03 pm

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well although Obama didn't start the free cell phones, since he extended and made the program well known and started taking credit for it, seems to be his now, therefore obama phones. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And I am fair and balanced (well sometimes) unlike fox news.

He didn't extend any program or take credit for it. If talking about something makes it yours ....well. I rest my case.

He made it his own by extending and building it up.

29failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/25/2014, 10:16 pm

ppaca wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well although Obama didn't start the free cell phones, since he extended and made the program well known and started taking credit for it, seems to be his now, therefore obama phones. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And I am fair and balanced (well sometimes) unlike fox news.

He didn't extend any program or take credit for it. If talking about something makes it yours ....well. I rest my case.

He made it his own by extending and building it up.

and it is CRAP

30failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 12:34 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Once again my Progressive good friends ZVUGKTUBM and Dreamsglore have quietly slunk away after repeated challenging my FACTS and being PROVEN WRONG again.

Really? Now here's a set of facts you won't be able to refute! --

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/25/republicans_losing_it_over_new_obamacare_data_why_their_position_is_collapsing/?source=newsletter

what scares your type the most Herr Markle, is the very thought that Obamacare might work!!

For the life of me I can't figure out why it's so important to you for millions of Americans continue to live without access to practical, effective healthcare.

Reality!

31failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 12:54 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Once again my Progressive good friends ZVUGKTUBM and Dreamsglore have quietly slunk away after repeated challenging my FACTS and being PROVEN WRONG again.

Really?  Now here's a set of facts you won't be able to refute! --

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/25/republicans_losing_it_over_new_obamacare_data_why_their_position_is_collapsing/?source=newsletter

what scares your type the most Herr Markle, is the very thought that Obamacare might work!!

For the life of me I can't figure out why it's so important to you for millions of Americans continue to live without access to practical, effective healthcare.  

Reality!  

Nothing to refute, another of your OPINION pieces from a far left Progressive site.

32failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 1:07 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Reality!  

Nothing to refute, another of your OPINION pieces from a far left Progressive site.

What, I've got you on the run? Why slink away from my question: Why is it so important to you for millions of Americans to live without access to practical, effective healthcare?

We're all ears booby.

33failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 1:23 am

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:

Reality!  

As you well know, but fervently believe in shared misery....
It destroys a health care system and care that over 90% of the people were happy with in order to make provisions for 5% of the population.

The majority of Americans still do not want it.

Nothing you care about but, we CANNOT afford it.

The ONLY reason for ObamaCare is for the citizens to relinquish more of their freedom and liberty to the government.

Here's one of the best reasons, we'll have roughly the same uninsured in 10 years as we have today.

Posted on: Wednesday, May 15, 2013
CBO now estimates 31 million will remain uninsured

CBO’s Estimate of the Net Budgetary Impact of the Affordable Care Act’s Health Insurance Coverage Provisions Has Not Changed Much Over Time

Congressional Budget Office, May 14, 2013

Proposed regulations recently issued by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of the Treasury expanded the number of people who will be exempt from paying a penalty for being uninsured relative to our previous expectations. CBO and JCT now expect that, as a result of those regulations, between 500,000 and 1 million fewer people will obtain health insurance coverage each year. In our current projections for 2023, the ACA reduces the number of people without health insurance by 25 million, leaving 31 million uninsured (compared with 30 million in our February estimate).

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44176

I have no question you cannot figure out why the vast majority of people do not want ObamaCare.  I'm sure those thinking Americans cannot, for the life of them, figure out why you so desperately want shared misery.

Now, since you don't have anything, you'll think ridiculing a SCREENNAME is somehow, derogatory.  Still on the meds?

34failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 3:28 am

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Reality!  

What, I've got you on the run?  Why slink away from my question:  Why is it so important to you for millions of Americans to live without access to practical, effective healthcare?

We're all ears booby.  

failed obummer care - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU7bEMtTBwBneTrKFkyUiIBIBrxBuMRXbTl-HWUYefAw053YbllA

The biggest question is why you supposedly enlightened progressive liberals didn't make healthcare access available to all by simply nationalizing it as Medicare/Medicaid for all.

The most likely explanation is that ya' all didn't have the gonads to do it.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_4ULKpkLNc

Smile 

35failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 6:21 am

The objective was to insure the uninsured and make healthcare more affordable... correct?

Excluding medicaid... the net gain of insured is negligible. The prices also continue to rise. Success?

36failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 9:44 am

dumpcare

http://www.benefitspro.com/2014/03/25/wellpoint-sees-double-digit-rate-rise-in-15?eNL=5331f7c9160ba03445e38399&utm_source=BenefitsProDaily&utm_medium=eNL&utm_campaign=BenefitsPro_eNLs&_LID=80542670

37failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 9:58 am

The govt will intervene to mask reality... the left is placated. That's the obama pattern prior to elections.

38failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 11:02 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:The objective was to insure the uninsured and make healthcare more affordable... correct?

Excluding medicaid... the net gain of insured is negligible. The prices also continue to rise. Success?

cheers 

39failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 1:07 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

And here are two reasons why it is basically pointless to discuss anything with a GOP supporter.

1) After dismissing - or, running away from - a forum member's response on the grounds that the source wasn't good enough, Markle then proceeds to completely make shit up.  Literally.  He just plucks numbers from thin air that have absolutely no basis in reality, and no source is even provided.

Markle wrote:Nothing to refute, another of your OPINION pieces from a far left Progressive site.

Markle wrote:As you well know, but fervently believe in shared misery....
It destroys a health care system and care that over 90% of the people were happy with in order to make provisions for 5% of the population.

2) Markle then shows us all, once again, that he still struggles with basic reading.  Put another way, Markle isn't of the mental capacity to even consume information and then use that information to make informed decisions.  

Markle wrote:Here's one of the best reasons, we'll have roughly the same uninsured in 10 years as we have today.

Ok, Markle.  So "one of the best reasons" that the ACA has failed us is because we will have roughly the same number of uninsured as we have today.  Oh?  And you provide a source to back that up?  Ok.  Let's have a look here.

Markle wrote:In our current projections for 2023, the ACA reduces the number of people without health insurance by 25 million, leaving 31 million uninsured (compared with 30 million in our February estimate).

Well that's weird.  This is virtually the exact opposite of what you just said.  It appears, based on what you are showing us, that the ACA will reduce the number of uninsured in 2023 by 25 million, leaving 31 million uninsured.  And, according to the last census, there are 48.6 million uninsured americans. Source 

So help me out here.  If the ACA reduces the number of uninsured by 25 million, what does that mean?  Does that mean the number of uninsured goes up, down, or stays the same?  Also, which number is bigger:  48.6 million or 31 million?  These are all such complicated concepts.  Can anyone help me out?

40failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 2:33 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It depends on how many illegals flood the border...give or take a few million.

41failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 2:43 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

So Boards,

1) How many uninsured have signed up?

2) Are they original uninsured or are they people who became uninsured after the law said their insurance was not adequate?

2a) So what are the REAL numbers of the five million that have signed up according to the COWH?

3) 35 changes to this law (unconstitutional mind you) with the latest coming today using an honor system to get people to now sign up by April 15.

4) Four years after Pelosi got people to pass it so they could see what was in it (ACA), we're still no closer to having this in working order.

5) Young people, the backbone of the funding of the ACA, are still not signing up in numbers that will pay the difference for the older people who generally make up most health insurance claims.

6) 17 million dollars a month being spent on advertising since January, but we are cutting the military, social security, border patrol etc.

7) Why is Obamacare a cluster_____ at this point and time four years after it was made a law?

42failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 3:03 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:So Boards,

2) Are they original uninsured or are they people who became uninsured after the law said their insurance was not adequate?

2a) So what are the REAL numbers of the five million that have signed up according to the COWH?

3) 35 changes to this law (unconstitutional mind you) with the latest coming today using an honor system to get people to now sign up by April 15.

4) Four years after Pelosi got people to pass it so they could see what was in it (ACA), we're still no closer to having this in working order.

5) Young people, the backbone of the funding of the ACA, are still not signing up in numbers that will pay the difference for the older people who generally make up most health insurance claims.

6) 17 million dollars a month being spent on advertising since January, but we are cutting the military, social security, border patrol etc.

7) Why is Obamacare a cluster_____ at this point and time four years after it was made a law?

I just remembered a 3rd reason as to why it is pointless to discuss anything with a GOP supporter: 3)  GOP supporters equate the act of asking a series of vague, rhetorical questions with the act of actually making a substantive point.  Right, Karl?

43failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 3:20 pm

KarlRove

KarlRove

You are now admitting you have no clue, yet call the rest of us clueless for asking valid questions on why this system is a train wreck four years after the fact.

44failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 4:19 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:You are now admitting you have no clue, yet call the rest of us clueless for asking valid questions on why this system is a train wreck four years after the fact.

No I'm not.  (see #2 above)  If you have a point to make, why not just make it?  Responding with a series of rhetorical questions just paints you as someone who is blindly groping for a point.  Feel free to prove me wrong.  Or not.

45failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 4:49 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Twisted Evil 

46failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 5:45 pm

dumpcare

http://theweek.com/article/index/258728/speedreads-americans-may-finally-be-coming-around-on-obamacare-no-for-real-this-time

47failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 5:55 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

YES !

48failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/26/2014, 7:20 pm

I'm not surprised anymore. I don't think there is a line that we the people will draw anymore to limit the govt.

The domestication is complete... thank you for your participation. Email the wh for your certificate of servitude.

49failed obummer care - Page 2 Empty Re: failed obummer care 3/27/2014, 9:29 pm

boards of FL wrote:
KarlRove wrote:So Boards,

I just remembered a 3rd reason as to why it is pointless to discuss anything with a GOP supporter: 3)  GOP supporters equate the act of asking a series of vague, rhetorical questions with the act of actually making a substantive point.  Right, Karl?

failed obummer care - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCK4mGv7wQOjx7IV46MrE16pknSaxFOeAkKOm0d3YplGCLEWE3

Yes we know how supposedly enlightened progressive liberals just like to sign things without questions or debate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0

That's why I'll be around later with a contract for you to sign. Don't worry you can ask questions and debate it after you get your signed copy. After all we want to do this all away from the fog of controversy.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIUulrbc41s

Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum