Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why should I care about what happens in the Ukraine?

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is your chance to tell me why.

dumpcare

lol, man are you in for it now. The war monger's are going to have you bent over or hung from that tree in your front yard.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote:lol, man are you in for it now. The war monger's are going to have you bent over or hung from that tree in your front yard.

But the right wing john bolton loving warhawks hate obama as much or more than they do Putin. So if I go by them, why would I want to entrust a completely incompetent kenyan born muslim and commie like Obama to do anything that's right as a commander-in-chief?

Makes no sense.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You shouldn't directly but instead of blow back meaning someone flying planes into towers it could mean a first strike nuclear attack which just might incinerate your arse.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You shouldn't directly but instead of blow back meaning someone flying planes into towers it could mean a first strike nuclear attack which just might incinerate your arse.

I lived through one "cold war" already. And none of those bozos on either side ever had the guts to blow up the world. I don't see these bozos now having any more guts than that bunch did.
And besides, if they are insane enough to blow up the world, I can't do one goddamn fucking thing to stop it so why give a shit.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:You shouldn't directly but instead of blow back meaning someone flying planes into towers it could mean a first strike nuclear attack which just might incinerate your arse.

I lived through one "cold war" already.  And none of those bozos on either side ever had the guts to blow up the world.  I don't see these bozos now having any more guts than that bunch did.
And besides,  if they are insane enough to blow up the world,  I can't do one goddamn fucking thing to stop it so why give a shit.  
Didn't I say you shouldn't care directly ?...I don't care either, gotta die of something.

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroad/remarks-by-us-ambassador-samantha-power-to-the-united-nations-security-council-meeting-338283.html

dumpcare

http://news.yahoo.com/4-reasons-putin-already-losing-ukraine-211452971.html

dumpcare

So Bob you rename the thread "I don't give a shit what happens in Ukraine"

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've been reading and now I understand why Putin is doing what he's doing.
It's because of the military signifance of Sevastopol (in Crimea) to Russia.

from wiki:

The geographic location and navigation conditions of the city's harbours make Sevastopol a strategically important naval point.  The city continues to be the home of the Russian—formerly Soviet—Black Sea Fleet, and is now home to a Ukrainian naval base and has Russian naval facilities leased from Ukraine through 2042. The headquarters of both the Ukrainian Naval Forces and Russia's Black Sea Fleet are located in the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sevastopol

No wonder he wants to keep control of it.  Russia has no other warm water port to base it's navy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Ukraine is like two divided countries in one. The eastern part of it is dominated by Russians. In the far western part of the country, only 5% of the populace even speak Russian. They're a lot more aligned with Europeans.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ukrainians would probably like Russia more if Stalin had not starved millions of them to death.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Ukrainians would probably like Russia more if Stalin had not starved millions of them to death.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/genocide/stalin.htm

2seaoat

The Russians will defend their military bases.  Ukraine will evolve to the West, and the Russian people will dispose of the munchkin in the next five years, and Bob will continue to sit on that fence post fearful to take any position on any subject, and damning everybody for everything.......and then really getting pissed when those Ukranian garment workers made the pockets on his cargo shorts too small to fit his popcorn and can of pepsi.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote:lol, man are you in for it now. The war monger's are going to have you bent over or hung from that tree in your front yard.

But the right wing john bolton loving warhawks hate obama as much or more than they do Putin.  So if I go by them,  why would I want to entrust a completely incompetent  kenyan born muslim and  commie like Obama to do anything that's right as a commander-in-chief?

Makes no sense.

I guess in the eyes of the wingnuts, thde President is damned if he tries anything, and damned if he doesn't. It must be hard when you are damned either way....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

President Barack Hussein Obama has vividly demonstrated his weakness and total reluctance to act.

Daily President Obama is making the world a far more dangerous place for lovers of Freedom.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:President Barack Hussein Obama has vividly demonstrated his weakness and total reluctance to act.

Daily President Obama is making the world a far more dangerous place for lovers of Freedom.

Like I said in my previous post, if the President does not act, wingnuts like Markle will call him out for his "weakness and reluctance to act." But if he does anything provacative, they will say that he is "careless." Wingnuts are fickle, for sure....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:President Barack Hussein Obama has vividly demonstrated his weakness and total reluctance to act.

Like I said in my previous post, if the President does not act, wingnuts like Markle will call him out for his "weakness and reluctance to act." But if he does anything provacative, they will say that he is "careless." Wingnuts are fickle, for sure....

Why should I care about what happens in the Ukraine?   Socratestoo

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But why would you and pacedog want such an incompetent hack like obama to "act". If he "acts" (whatever that means) the "act" will be no more competent that the lack of an "act".
Since obama is a muslim commie, if he "acts" it will be to help muslims and commies. What possible good could come from that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll tell you what the whole thing stinks of to me.  And this goes for both putin and obama.
Since the middle east debacles (euphemistically called "wars" by nutters) are now winding down,  the people who profit from occupations and debacles and other nonsense need new reasons to keep doing it so they can keep profiting off of it.
This goes for all them,  both in the U.S. and in Russia.  They are whipping up the debacles again (again calling them "wars").  And they know there will be plenty of pacedogs and markles and their counterparts in Russia to cheerlead the whole thing on.  
Of course,  neither Putin or Obama or the profiteers or their cheerleaders will do any of the dying.  They will give that privelege to thousands of peons who they will "volunteer" for the job.  All they have to do is give them the jingoistic "patriotism" and suit the peons up in uniforms with U.S. and Russian flags on em and they'll happily do the dying just like the ragheads do when the bin ladens whip them up into a frenzy.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I'll tell you what the whole thing stinks of to me.  And this goes for both putin and obama.
Since the middle east debacles (euphemistically called "wars" by nutters) are now winding down,  the people who profit from occupations and debacles and other nonsense need new reasons to keep doing it so they can keep profiting off of it.
This goes for all them,  both in the U.S. and in Russia.  They are whipping up the debacles again (again calling them "wars").  And they know there will be plenty of pacedogs and markles and their counterparts in Russia to cheerlead the whole thing on.  
Of course,  neither Putin or Obama or the profiteers or their cheerleaders will do any of the dying.  They will give that privelege to thousands of peons who they will "volunteer" for the job.  All they have to do is give them the jingoistic "patriotism" and suit the peons up in uniforms with U.S. and Russian flags on em and they'll happily do the dying just like the ragheads do when the bin ladens whip them up into a frenzy.  lol

Excerpt from War is a Racket......

Then, to save that China trade of about $90,000,000, or to protect these private investments of less than $200,000,000 in the Philippines, we would be all stirred up to hate Japan and go to war -- a war that might well cost us tens of billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of lives of Americans, and many more hundreds of thousands of physically maimed and mentally unbalanced men.

Of course, for this loss, there would be a compensating profit -- fortunes would be made. Millions and billions of dollars would be piled up. By a few. Munitions makers. Bankers. Ship builders. Manufacturers. Meat packers. Speculators. They would fare well.

Yes, they are getting ready for another war. Why shouldn't they? It pays high dividends.

But what does it profit the men who are killed? What does it profit their mothers and sisters, their wives and their sweethearts? What does it profit their children?

What does it profit anyone except the very few to whom war means huge profits?

Yes, and what does it profit the nation?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: Bob will continue to sit on that fence post fearful to take any position on any subject, and damning everybody for everything.......and then really getting pissed when those Ukranian garment workers made the pockets on his cargo shorts too small to fit his popcorn and can of pepsi.

You've got the first part right.  
But I get my cargo pants from the goodwill (I prefer St. Vincent de Paul because the catholics provide better used clothing).  I don't recall ever looking at the label because I don't care where they were made as long as they fit me.
And I don't need cargo pants for this show because it's on television and not in a movie theater.  I can sit back in my underwear and watch this show from my recliner (which I'm doing now).

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Excerpt from War is a Racket......

Then, to save that China trade of about $90,000,000, or to protect these private investments of less than $200,000,000 in the Philippines, we would be all stirred up to hate Japan and go to war -- a war that might well cost us tens of billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of lives of Americans, and many more hundreds of thousands of physically maimed and mentally unbalanced men.

Of course, for this loss, there would be a compensating profit -- fortunes would be made. Millions and billions of dollars would be piled up. By a few. Munitions makers. Bankers. Ship builders. Manufacturers. Meat packers. Speculators. They would fare well.

Yes, they are getting ready for another war. Why shouldn't they? It pays high dividends.

But what does it profit the men who are killed? What does it profit their mothers and sisters, their wives and their sweethearts? What does it profit their children?

What does it profit anyone except the very few to whom war means huge profits?

Yes, and what does it profit the nation?

What could that asshole Butler possibly know about any of this.  He only got two medals of honor.  I bet John Bolton and Sarah Palin got a helluva lot more than that.

Cold War ends 1988 or so.

Prior to that we danced the tango with Russia and her allies (Cuba, etc).

We danced with passive aggressive moves but backed it up with big missiles, big talk, and men who were revered as strong and able to make a quick decision...but did not.

It worked. (except for Vietnam...a 'war' we should have learned our lesson and would not presently be in A-stan)

It worked because Russia had an enemy it used to mold minds of mush and the USA had an enemy it used to mold minds of mush.

Along comes downsizing of the military under Father Bush but we begin to play games in the sandbox. Bad mistake with no clean end.

We are 10+ years in A-stan. No clean break. Looks bad for elections 2016.

So we now see Russia moving to claim (as has always been the deal with them) a "warm" water port for it's Navy.

Putin, as seen in the 2014 Suchi Olympics, loves the camera...loves to show muscle.

And here we are.

I figure it's the unseen powers to be yanking us back from a focus on global terrorism to a brawny enemy again. Worked better that way in the grand scheme of things.

It will be interesting to see what happens as President Obama seeks to appear strong while no one in the country is behind him...Dems say they are but it's only for party face.

Enough pontificating...your thoughts?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

SheWrites wrote:your thoughts?

Well my thoughts right now are mainly focused on this. I'm looking at this tv picture and see something really interesting about it.
If you look at the map on the right side of the screen you will see "Bosphorus Strait". And that is the spot the picture on the left side of the screen is showing.

My thoughts are, that this is a really picturesque place to live. Don't get me wrong, I like looking out over P'Cola Bay. But boy if it had those hills besides it like that place does, that would REALLY be cool. It reminds of being in Honolulu. I drove up into the hills and looked down at Waikiki. Goddamn that was a beautiful sight.
There's nothing quite like a seashore with mountains beside it.

Why should I care about what happens in the Ukraine?   Bospho10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum