Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ukraine

3 posters

What should be done about the Ukraine?

Ukraine I_vote_lcap8%Ukraine I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Ukraine I_vote_lcap38%Ukraine I_vote_rcap 38% [ 5 ]
Ukraine I_vote_lcap0%Ukraine I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Ukraine I_vote_lcap31%Ukraine I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Ukraine I_vote_lcap7%Ukraine I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ukraine Empty Ukraine 4/8/2014, 12:27 am

Ukraine Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDQuVIzazQQQAl0sHAO2laX9dfoAyShn570aGzFsc3xoFLviw2

So there's a lot of protesters in the Ukraine who want to rejoin Russia. This could be the beginning of the end...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7gkcNx83M

Smile 

2Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/8/2014, 5:09 am

Reminded by someone yesterday of the Gleiwitz incident/Operation Himmler.
Would Putin do this? Sure.

3Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/8/2014, 7:36 am

The time for diplomatic strength was spent bowing and bending over...

there's nothing that can change that now from obama.

This must've been what was meant in that whispered plea to putin for latitude prior to the election for future concessions.

4Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/8/2014, 10:16 am

polecat

polecat

Damaged Eagle wrote:Ukraine Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDQuVIzazQQQAl0sHAO2laX9dfoAyShn570aGzFsc3xoFLviw2

So there's a lot of protesters in the Ukraine who want to rejoin Russia. This could be the beginning of the end...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB7gkcNx83M

Smile 

End of what? $6 cups of coffee at starbucks.

5Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/8/2014, 10:53 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The vote from our members on this issue is about even for the U.S. to stay out of the problem, and for the Ukrainians to decide the issue by an election.

Frankly, I really think that a nationwide poll posing the same questions as Damaged Eagle presented wouldn't vary more than a percent or two from our own response.

No doubt President Obama's advisers have also considered how America feels about this issue. And that may be exactly what's behind Obama's careful threatening of sanctions, etc., instead of a "don't cross this line," approach --
the one that Pacedog, Markle and Crow no doubt favor.

The latter three, representing the hard right, think that acting tough is being tough. They thought Bush in the flight suit on the carrier with the "mission accomplished" sign was the real thing.

The real thing we had under Bush was a willingness to waste billions of dollars and thousands of American lives in an un-winnable war. A war where our occupying troops were, according to Cheney "going to be welcomed." A war that would leave us in control of huge oil deposits. A war that would express American military and diplomatic power.

In other words, when it comes to countries, acting tough instead of being tough, seldom works.

America isn't ready by any means to take on Russia over a squabble between Russia and the Ukraine.

It's time we acknowledge the truth -- we're not the man we once were.

6Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/8/2014, 12:16 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wordslinger wrote:The vote from our members on this issue is about even for the U.S. to stay out of the problem, and for the Ukrainians to decide the issue by an election.

Frankly, I really think that a nationwide poll posing the same questions as Damaged Eagle presented wouldn't vary more than a percent or two from our own response.

No doubt President Obama's advisers have also considered how America feels about this issue.  And that may be exactly what's behind Obama's careful threatening of sanctions, etc., instead of a "don't cross this line," approach --

The latter three, representing the hard right, think that acting tough is being tough.  They thought Bush in the flight suit on the carrier with the "mission accomplished" sign was the real thing.

The real thing we had under Bush was a willingness to waste billions of dollars and thousands of American lives in an un-winnable war.  A war where our occupying troops were, according to Cheney "going to be welcomed."  A war that would leave us in control of huge oil deposits.  A war that would express American military and diplomatic power.

In other words, when it comes to countries, acting tough instead of being tough, seldom works.

America isn't ready by any means to take on Russia over a squabble between Russia and the Ukraine.

Good post, Wordslinger.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/9/2014, 8:00 am

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/09/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/

8Ukraine Empty Re: Ukraine 4/9/2014, 10:13 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:The vote from our members on this issue is about even for the U.S. to stay out of the problem, and for the Ukrainians to decide the issue by an election.

No doubt President Obama's advisers have also considered how America feels about this issue.  And that may be exactly what's behind Obama's careful threatening of sanctions, etc., instead of a "don't cross this line," approach --

The latter three, representing the hard right, think that acting tough is being tough.  They thought Bush in the flight suit on the carrier with the "mission accomplished" sign was the real thing.

The real thing we had under Bush was a willingness to waste billions of dollars and thousands of American lives in an un-winnable war.  A war where our occupying troops were, according to Cheney "going to be welcomed."  A war that would leave us in control of huge oil deposits.  A war that would express American military and diplomatic power.

Good post, Wordslinger.

......he states this as Putin does what he wants and laughs at more red lines.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum