Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement”

+4
Sal
Floridatexan
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

As always, Dr. Charles Krauthammer tells it like it is and the truth is painful to the Progressives.

“The Ukrainians, and I think everybody, is shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statement. I find it rather staggering.”

Via Special Report:

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

"As always, Dr. Charles Krauthammer tells it like it is and the truth is painful to the Progressives."

As always, Charles Krauthammer presents a far-right conservative bias, with very little wiggle-room for difference.

In short, he's a wingnut!

Oh, and that piece came from Faux News, so what else would you expect?

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Fauxnews_450

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:"As always, Dr. Charles Krauthammer tells it like it is and the truth is painful to the Progressives."

As always, Charles Krauthammer presents a far-right conservative bias, with very little wiggle-room for difference.

In short, he's a wingnut!

Oh, and that piece came from Faux News, so what else would you expect?

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Fauxnews_450

Step up. What did he say which is NOT true?

They (liberals) don't get it and never will. Chuck used to be one of them back in the day until he saw te
Light

Obama threw down his red line this week and Putin hoped, skipped, and gleefully jumped over it with a middle finger in the air.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Step up. What did he say which is NOT true?

Why don't you step up and prove that what he said contained no spin or bias?

Obama is an empty suit on every topic at every level. Undergraduate political science majors know more than he does.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Obama is an empty suit on every topic at every level.

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Ya51796ab1

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

August 9, 2006
By: Kevin Drum

A PERSONAL MOMENT WITH CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER....M.J. Rosenberg shares a Charles Krauthammer moment:

About three years ago, I saw Krauthammer flip out in synagogue on Yom Kippur. The rabbi had offered some timid endorsement of peace — peace essentially on Israel's terms — but peace anyway. Krauthammer went nuts. He actually started bellowing at the rabbi, from his wheel chair in the aisle. People tried to "shush" him. It was, after all, the holiest day of the year. But Krauthammer kept howling until the rabbi apologized. The man is as arrogant as he is thuggish. Who screams at the rabbi at services? For advocating peace?

Those neocon hawks are such a charming bunch, aren't they?

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2006_08/009311.php

------------------------------

http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/6596.html

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Krauthammerdesksmall

Above: Cheats at ‘Risk’

Hey gang, Charles Krauthammer has some unsolicited advice for Democrats:

During our 1990s holiday from history, being a national-security amateur was not an issue. Between the 1991 death of the Soviet Union and the terror attacks of 2001, foreign policy played almost no part in our presidential campaigns. But post-9/11, as during the Cold War, the country demands a serious commander in chief. It is hard to imagine that with all the electoral tides running in their favor, the Democrats would risk it all by nominating a novice for a wartime presidency.

It is hard to imagine that, with all the electoral tides running in their favor, any Democrats would consider foreign policy or campaign advice from someone as serious as Charles Krauthammer.

comments:

El Cid said,
July 27, 2007 at 20:54

KrapHammer is the same one who loudly propagandized about what a marvelous, unprecedented, galaxy-spanning coalition pulled together by Bush Sr and the super heroic Colin Powell for the first Iraq War, as if all civilized humans hat put aside its petty bickering to come together for that one, noble purpose.

And that’s pretty much been the mythology since then.

Then a few years later HammerKrap (correctly) snickered that there was no coalition, that it was a “fig leaf”, and the immoral part of that was not that he and everyone lied about the ‘grand coalition’, but that the Great Empire of USA had been forced to pretend that a coalition was necessary.

Well, he got his wish when Iraq War II and Iraq Occupation I was the USA and its toadie Britain, and that was it.

But he certainly is proud of lying for his purposes.

MzNicky said,
July 27, 2007 at 22:57

“Between the 1991 death of the Soviet Union and the terror attacks of 2001, foreign policy played almost no part in our presidential campaigns.”

Yes. Damn that sorry period of American history when we weren’t at war with anyone! Damn it to hell!

“But post-9/11, as during the Cold War, the country demands a serious commander in chief.”

That’s right! Because finally (praise Jeezus!) there appeared Chimpy, our non-Rhodes Scholarish, non-policywonky, really really serious commander-in-chief to lead us out of all that peace and prosperity and straight back into war! Eternal everlasting neverending war!

“It is hard to imagine that with all the electoral tides running in their favor, the Democrats would risk it all by nominating a novice for a wartime presidency.””

Really. Because surely no Democratic presidential candidate would ever consider so preposterous a policy as, oh, say, not being a “wartime president.” You know, by bringing our troops home and not ordering up any more fucking preemptive strikes on countries that didn’t attack us and not creating phantasmagoric military-industrial complex wet dreams by pulling such abstractions as a “Global War on Terror” out of his/her ass. For example.
-------------------------------------

2seaoat

The simplicity of this criticism is beyond comical. It assumes that since Bush 1 American Foreign Policy had defined the individual states within the former Soviet Union as critical to American interest. Just the opposite. We will never, and I repeat never engage military force with any former member of the Soviet Union on their internal disputes of those states. We will as the President has clearly advised give a full range of consequences from such actions, but military response is not one of them, nor has it been on the table in American Foreign Policy since Bush 1.

So it is idiotic to try to frame the President's alleged weakness around American Foreign Policy, and it only takes the weak of mind to think risking a thermo nuclear war over foreign states of the Soviet Union is our policy.....it has not been, nor will it suddenly become such now. However, if the transition of Ukraine over the next decade results in the same becoming a member of nato, with treaty ties, by definition our response will change in the future. In the meantime, we will have a parade of the uninformed. The President is again masterfully showing the world how to proceed, and when we see Russian troops marching into Kiev, Mr. Putin's days will be numbered. Ukraine and Russia itself will throw they yoke of autocratic rule to the roadside without idiotic foreign policy which thinks strength is military response which would turn the very people against America. Our strength has always been modernity, democracy, and diplomacy, all of which the president is playing masterfully.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I don't speak German, but wouldn't an English translation of "Krauthammer" be "Cabbage Pounder?'

2seaoat wrote:The simplicity of this criticism is beyond comical. It assumes that since Bush 1 American Foreign Policy had defined the individual states within the former Soviet Union as critical to American interest. Just the opposite. We will never, and I repeat never engage military force with any former member of the Soviet Union on their internal disputes of those states. We will as the President has clearly advised give a full range of consequences from such actions, but military response is not one of them, nor has it been on the table in American Foreign Policy since Bush 1.

So it is idiotic to try to frame the President's alleged weakness around American Foreign Policy, and it only takes the weak of mind to think risking a thermo nuclear war over foreign states of the Soviet Union is our policy.....it has not been, nor will it suddenly become such now. However, if the transition of Ukraine over the next decade results in the same becoming a member of nato, with treaty ties, by definition our response will change in the future. In the meantime, we will have a parade of the uninformed. The President is again masterfully showing the world how to proceed, and when we see Russian troops marching into Kiev, Mr. Putin's days will be numbered. Ukraine and Russia itself will throw they yoke of autocratic rule to the roadside without idiotic foreign policy which thinks strength is military response which would turn the very people against America. Our strength has always been modernity, democracy, and diplomacy, all of which the president is playing masterfully.

http://usun.state.gov/briefing/statements/214066.htm

Liberals on here think they have a clue on geopolitics and are as ignorant as their hero Obama.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Step up. What did he say which is NOT true?

He's not on a news show. The round table he is on also has a far left Liberal. When he appears with Bill O'Reilly, he makes no pretense of being unbiased. He's not supposed to be. In the day...he was an outspoken Liberal.

Now, once again, what did he say which was NOT true?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't speak German, but wouldn't an English translation of "Krauthammer" be "Cabbage Pounder?'

For our bitter Progressive LOSERS.

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Haters

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I don't speak German, but wouldn't an English translation of "Krauthammer" be "Cabbage Pounder?'

For our bitter Progressive LOSERS.

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Haters

That letter needs to be written to PaceDog, LOL!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” 23428

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” 23428

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” E2454354-4d44-4ac6-9b35-84e4be224b5b

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” Happy-jump-happy-animation-animated-smiley-emoticon-000360-large

Markle

Markle

Could the White House NOT have picked a more appropriate setting from which President Barack Hussein Obama lectured Vladimir Putin. I bet this had him trembling in his boots.

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” PutinbeinglecturedbyObama

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"It seems to me that trying to speak with one American voice has become a thing of the past"

-- Bob Gates (yesterday)

I ordinarily don't agree with that. But I think I do agree with it in this case.
And while I sometimes respect Krauthammer's opinions, I think this time he probably should think about what Gates said.

But when it comes to the republican politicians criticizing obama's policy on this, that one's easy. They're just grandstanding by telling the markles and pacedogs what they know the markles and pacedogs want to hear. And many of them are doing that because they're up for re-election in November and they're pandering to their voter base.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Liberals on here think they have a clue on geopolitics and are as ignorant as their hero Obama.

While Mr. Krauthammer would no doubt like Mr. Obama to issue a fatwa against Putin and Russia, with background applause by Pacedog and Herr Markle, one thing is certain: neither Krauthammer or any of his "let's bomb the shit out of all of them" buddies will do any of the fighting.

Nada. None. Zero.

What Krauthammer and the neocons want is to see how far Putin can be pushed. To what purpose, the satisfaction of their wilted egos?

What we need, they chant, is a tough president. One who issues big threats ... we'll show those Russkies ...

One observation on Krauthammer -- it isn't only his body that's crippled.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Could the White House NOT have picked a more appropriate setting from which President Barack Hussein Obama lectured Vladimir Putin.  I bet this had him trembling in his boots.

Krauthammer’s Take on Ukraine: “I Think Everybody, Is Shocked By the Weakness of Obama’s Statement” PutinbeinglecturedbyObama

It's to our benefit for Putin to "tremble" in his boots? Really? Poor Herr Markle, he still thinks the world is terrified of America's military and economic might. Pray tell, Herr Markle, just how frightening is an empty threat?

Hell, Somali pirates, al Qaeda terrorists, Venezuelans, Afghans, North Korea's leaders, and Mexican drug lords don't fear us. Why the hell should Putin?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Step up. What did he say which is NOT true?

He's not on a news show.  The round table he is on also has a far left Liberal.  When he appears with Bill O'Reilly, he makes no pretense of being unbiased.  He's not supposed to be.  In the day...he was an outspoken Liberal.

Now, once again, what did he say which was NOT true?

That's too simple. By "everybody" Krauthammer clearly is referring to the minority of wingnuts with whom he associates -- at Faux News. Interestingly, other world leaders haven't indicated that Obama's response has been at all weak, nor too reactionary. Herr Markle continues the absurd assumption that his point of view represents that of God and the Tea Party. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum