Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

There is no hell- Adam and Eve not real says Pope Francis

+3
boards of FL
KarlRove
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.naijaurban.com/no-hell-fire-adam-eve-not-real-pope-francis-exposes/

It's about time Catholics cast away these myths and superstitions.More to come hopefully.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This Pope really does seem to have different ideas than his predecessors.

KarlRove

KarlRove

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/francis.asp

Hoax article. He'd be run out of the Vatican for saying any of that.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/francis.asp

Hoax article. He'd be run out of the Vatican for saying any of that.

Your snopes article has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

KarlRove

KarlRove

The Pope never said it and that is the point.

boards of FL

boards of FL

KarlRove wrote:The Pope never said it and that is the point.

The pope never said...what?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The source cited at your site is the Diversity Chronicle, which identifies its content as SATIRE.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Tex must be right. I just looked at dream's linked webpage again and this is at the top of the page. lol

Hot Story VIDEO: See How Bad Boys Strip and Molest This Yoruba Girls” check it out] Hot Story VIDEO: See How Bad Boys Strip and Molest This Yoruba Girls” check it out

And to think when I read the thread title I bought into this crap that a pope would say adam and even is just bullshit. lol

There's one born every minute and that goes for me too. lol

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Tex must be right.  I just looked at dream's linked webpage again and this is at the top of the page.  lol

Hot Story VIDEO: See How Bad Boys Strip and Molest This Yoruba Girls” check it out] Hot Story VIDEO: See How Bad Boys Strip and Molest This Yoruba Girls” check it out

And to think when I read the thread title I bought into this crap that a pope would say adam and even is just bullshit.  lol

There's one born every minute and that goes for me too.  lol

If the didn't say it, he should say it. It would be another step out of the Dark Ages.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sal

Sal

He did say that the Church should no longer reject divorcees ...

... so there's that. 

http://faculty.gvsu.edu/websterm/SumerianMyth.htm

The Sumerian Creation

Only one account of the Sumerian creation has survived,but it is a suggestive one. This account functions as an introduction to the story of "The Huluppu-Tree" (Wolkstein 4).

In the first days when everything needed was brought into being, In the first days when everything needed was properly nourished, When bread was baked in the shrines of the land, And bread was tasted in the homes of the land, When heaven had moved away from the earth, And earth had separated from heaven, And the name of man was fixed; When the Sky God,An,had carried off the heavens, And the Air God,Enlil,had carried off the earth . . . (Wolkstein 4)

"An" the male sky god and "Ki" the female earth were separated by Enlil,their son and later the chief god of the pantheon. Enlil thus carries off his mother the earth,taking his father's place in a manner somewhat similar to the way Kronos,in a much later story,usurped his father's (Ouranos') power. But where did heaven (An) and earth (Ki) come from,you may ask? According to another text,it was Nammu,the sea,"the mother, who gave birth to heaven and earth" (Kramer,Sumerian Mythology 39). In a dry climate,water is the ultimate source of life--Diane Wolkstein points out that the word for "water also means 'semen' in Sumerian" (139).

This text continues with a few more tantalizing,but puzzling details about Sumerian beginnings. Ereshkigal, the queen of the underworld,is said to have been "carried off into the nether world." Afterwards,the water-god Enki "set sail for the nether world," whereupon his boat was attacked by stones and swamped (Kramer, Sumerians 200). It is possible that Ereshkigal was originally a sky-goddess who was carried off to the underworld somewhat in the manner of Persephone. Whether Enki was attempting to rescue Ereshkigal is unclear,but it may be that his trip to the underworld ended as soon as it began. Enki's trip prefigures Inanna's later,more successful,journey to the underworld.

A different text recounts the strange way in which the moon was created. When this story begins,the gods have apparently already established cities,for Enlil,the goddess Ninlil ("lady wind" or "lady air") and her mother Ninshebargunu are dwelling in their temples in the city of Nippur. Ninlil's mother warns her that if she bathes in the canal called Nunbirdu,Enlil will see her and want to make love to her. Naturally,Ninlil goes down to the canal the next day to take a dip. Enlil sees her and asks for a kiss. Ninlil refuses,saying she is too young to make love,so Enlil devises a plan. He obtains a boat,floats over to where Ninlil is bathing,and rapes her,impregnating her with the future moon god Nanna (or Sin). The other gods,dismayed by Enlil's outrageous conduct,demand that the "sexoffender . . . leave the town!" (Jacobsen,Harps 174). Enlil walks out of town in the direction of the underworld,and the pregnant Ninlil follows him. Since Enlil does not want his son the moon to reside in the underworld,he concocts a rather bizarre plan. Enlil impersonates a gatekeeper, a man in charge of the underworld river,and the ferryman to the underworld,and as each of these personages,he has sexwith Ninlil,impregnating her with three deities who will reside in the underworld as substitutes for Nanna the moon,who will thus be free to rise to heavens where he belongs. Apparently,Ninlil consents to go to bed with what she thinks are three minor underworld officials because she,too,sees this as a way for Enlil's child Nanna to "go heavenward."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We were taught in High School.....What we read in the first part of the Bible provides us with a spiritual meaning of our faith rather than a physical (literal) meaning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum