Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Musical interlude...

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/22/2014, 12:28 pm

ppaca>seems like no one wants us around anymore.

seems like people only want a piece of paper in their hand which says they get healthcare. they really don't understand what they will or will not get.

FYI, just so you know. I have never been against the insurance industry. I've always known the symbiotic relationship with healthcare. For so many years the hospitals/physicians offices have had a plan to make sure that care could be given to people who were on Medicaid which doesn't pay enough to cover cost. so hospitals/offices would increase the list price of services knowing that the contract with private ins co's would pay example 60% of list. Then the cost of the higher payout would be passed onto people who had private ins plans by way of higher premiums. so in a sense people with ins have always been paying for indigent care.

but im rambling, again sorry to hear your situation. I would imagine there are a many of people in your biz that are struggling. my daughter got out of health ins and now sells life ins, biz is booming. move down here, she can get you a job where she is.

I got to go dye my hair  Neutral 

27Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/22/2014, 10:57 pm

dumpcare

Well this is for this thread and the one teo posted about docs revolting. I was told by a doctor that they had originally in his multi practice told CMS months ago they were not going to electronic records and would pay the fine because it was actually cheaper than putting everything in place. Then I asked him why he was typing into his computer while he was speaking with me since they were not going electronic. He said funny thing, CMS was fine with it but the largest insurer here in Florida (provider relations) also said it was fine, but they would no longer be in their network. So to make a longer story short the insurance company forced them, I don't think that was right but it would have put them out of business if they had not complied. Now had this multi specialty group been down your way, Tampa or Jacksonville where there is more competition among insurer's they may have survived without being in network, but not in Pensacola. BTW most agents in the business do hate insurance company's.

I do sell life have sold ltc and annuities and anything that a life and health license allows. Am licensed with property and casualty, but our agency does not offer it and it's damn near impossible in the panhandle to get a P & C agency owner to take you on or want to train you so you don't starve to death while learning. The panhandle is a different animal than the rest of Florida, don't want to move though.

I dyed my hair today also:

28Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 12:42 am

Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I want to thank you, PPACA, for trying to provide a sane assessment of the new healthcare laws.  I haven't applied yet...but will soon.  I hope the changes to the law are beneficial to you...I knew it wasn't going to be a smooth transition...

i

Pay attention. maybe you should send him some cash. this is what he said earlier today. hope youre happy.

ppaca wrote:No you make a lot of assumptions, I was just screwing with and I do know perfectly well that all the group plans in the state of Florida and many other's are being increased this year up into the double digits and yes it's because of obamacare. I have already gotten mine in every way imaginable since Oct 1. I have basically been out of business since Oct 1, yes one here or there, but it is over.

Yea cash will work Chrissy, maybe I can get rid of the flies and herpes.

Yes I said all that, I was just messy with you when you were pissed over your group rates going up. I believe months ago I said rates on groups would be double digit increases and I also have said before unless you have a subsidy the prices for individual are quite high. I have tried to keep an open mind on both sides of this, since I do see some good things about it, but really very few. I do see it helping someone in their late 50's or early 60's using this to bridge a gap until Medicare eligible. I  don't believe it will remain in it's present form in 3 years, regardless of which party wins in the elections.

I know several have said the insurance company's are in bed with obama, if they are they are they have been in collusion also to get rid of the agent. That I firmly believe. You don't see many advertisements, Call an Agent and he/she will help you enroll, in fact other than a few print materials one company has sent out I haven't seen any. The govt is pushing unlicensed navigator's who can't even spell insurance and the insurance company's have not fought this one bit.

I argue both sides sometime's, but one thing for certain this has created about 200,000 very pissed off insurance agents across the country. You can take about half of that figure and really add to the unemployment roles, their incomes have been cut in more than half. Quite a few I know are now working this part time and have another job. This will be the end of the health insurance agent.

But not everything you read Chrissy is the truth about it, good or bad.

You know mr pp, I don't want you to have herpes or flies. I feel really bad or you. Sincerely from my heart I do.

I'm not sure if you know my full situation with this. Ill make this short. Last year because of ACA the physician fee code schedule for 88305 ( biopsy ) was reduced by 52%, this year the physician fee schedule for the most important test pathology does in order to determine cancer 88342
( immunohistochemistry, basically that's marking tumor cells by using antibodies) by 33%

Ive watched family, friends, and many companies, hospitals be effected from this. closures, lay offs, people being asked to work twice as much with half as much( quality problem). I could go on, but I wont.

In short, I would love for all people to have access to care. and for the most part they have. I'm not as cold hearted as I come across fighting with these people on here. I actually CARE about helping people. I love helping people and I love the healthcare profession.

This clusterfuck of a law is not the solution. and before I get jumped on saying well you have no solution. I may not know the solution, but I know that destroying what we have is not a solution. This is more like fuel to the fire.

And with my most warmest sincere well wishes. I do hope you are blessed with some sort of wind fall for employment or something to sustain you. because I truly hate to see that this has happened to you.

This was as short as I could make it, sorry lol

I think people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn cuts. Be glad you have a damn job. Many people don't. STFU Skanky!

29Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 1:16 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

[/quote]

I think people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn cuts. Be glad you have a damn job. Many people don't. STFU Skanky![/quote]

Was that because Obama paid to ship all our jobs to China ?

30Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 9:54 am

Yella

Yella

Floridatexan wrote:
Don't mind me...I'm just entertaining myself...or feel free to jump in at any time...

This song is dedicated to TEOKWWWWhatever...

Good one, Tex. I've always loved that tune.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

31Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 10:08 am

ppaca wrote:Well this is for this thread and the one teo posted about docs revolting. I was told by a doctor that they had originally in his multi practice told CMS months ago they were not going to electronic records and would pay the fine because it was actually cheaper than putting everything in place. Then I asked him why he was typing into his computer while he was speaking with me since they were not going electronic. He said funny thing, CMS was fine with it but the largest insurer here in Florida (provider relations) also said it was fine, but they would no longer be in their network. So to make a longer story short the insurance company forced them, I don't think that was right but it would have put them out of business if they had not complied. Now had this multi specialty group been down your way, Tampa or Jacksonville where there is more competition among insurer's they may have survived without being in network, but not in Pensacola. BTW most agents in the business do hate insurance company's.

I do sell life have sold ltc and annuities and anything that a life and health license allows. Am licensed with property and casualty, but our agency does not offer it and it's damn near impossible in the panhandle to get a P & C agency owner to take you on or want to train you so you don't starve to death while learning. The panhandle is a different animal than the rest of Florida, don't want to move though.

are you saying the insurance company said they could no longer be a provider if they didn't have a EMR?

Those things are expensive, I've been involved with purchasing 2 in my career, that's a lot for such a short time. for a teeny practice it can run anywhere from $250,000 and up and that doesn't include the massive and I mean massive man hours to set it up and train everyone. its a freaking nightmare. Then there are annual software license fees, so a small office cost could easily be a million bucks.

but I digress, I'm betting that the insurance company has to have clients who are on their system in order to be compliant and get the rebate. just a guess.

32Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 10:11 am

@ppaca that spike hair video LOLOL  lol! 

33Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 10:43 am

dumpcare

Dot wrote:
ppaca wrote:Well this is for this thread and the one teo posted about docs revolting. I was told by a doctor that they had originally in his multi practice told CMS months ago they were not going to electronic records and would pay the fine because it was actually cheaper than putting everything in place. Then I asked him why he was typing into his computer while he was speaking with me since they were not going electronic. He said funny thing, CMS was fine with it but the largest insurer here in Florida (provider relations) also said it was fine, but they would no longer be in their network. So to make a longer story short the insurance company forced them, I don't think that was right but it would have put them out of business if they had not complied. Now had this multi specialty group been down your way, Tampa or Jacksonville where there is more competition among insurer's they may have survived without being in network, but not in Pensacola. BTW most agents in the business do hate insurance company's.

are you saying the insurance company said they could no longer be a provider if they didn't have a EMR?

Those things are expensive, I've been involved with purchasing 2 in my career, that's a lot for such a short time. for a teeny practice it can run anywhere from $250,000 and up and that doesn't include the massive and I mean massive man hours to set it up and train everyone. its a freaking nightmare. Then there are annual software license fees, so a small office  cost could easily be a million bucks.

but I digress, I'm betting that the insurance company has to have clients who are on their system in order to be compliant and get the rebate. just a guess.

Well since I am not well versed in this emr, that I imagine translates into electronic medical records, yes the insurance company told them they would drop them as provider's if they didn't comply with CMS. Didn't know this was that expensive, so it would have been cheaper to pay the fine for the doctor's group. I know it was nice going to one doctor after seeing this one and I did not remember what the one told me but because it was online the one doctor found it, but Christ Almighty I wouldn't have wanted to pay for this either if I was a doctor.

34Musical interlude... - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical interlude... 2/23/2014, 11:19 am

ppaca wrote:
Dot wrote:

Those things are expensive, I've been involved with purchasing 2 in my career, that's a lot for such a short time. for a teeny practice it can run anywhere from $250,000 and up and that doesn't include the massive and I mean massive man hours to set it up and train everyone. its a freaking nightmare. Then there are annual software license fees, so a small office  cost could easily be a million bucks.

Well since I am not well versed in this emr, that I imagine translates into electronic medical records, yes the insurance company told them they would drop them as provider's if they didn't comply with CMS. Didn't know this was that expensive, so it would have been cheaper to pay the fine for the doctor's group. I know it was nice going to one doctor after seeing this one and I did not remember what the one told me but because it was online the one doctor found it, but Christ Almighty I wouldn't have wanted to pay for this either if I was a doctor.

wow, I'm a little shocked at the approach by the ins company on this. Then again I suppose this is a example of ownership by way of proxy.

As far as the 'connected" EMR rule, its another great utopian idea. consider it to be modeled after something like the DMV, a national database. < that's the real agenda there anyway, is to get a national data base on everyone and use doctors as a means to remove gun privileges.

I'm not totally against the talking point they use to sell it, because it would stop pill heads from shopping for pills in multiple states.

But this is more complicated than that. a simple driver license record is small. a persons health data is very large, and will get super large as they grow older. The thought of a data base such as this is the largest collection of your entire life's personal history all at the touch of a gov employees finger tips. Or a healthcare provider.

There are only a hand full of companies that offer HIS( health informational services) and like anything in healthcare because it is so specialized, they all cost a lot. There are no known databases that will hold this much information on every single person in a country in the world. none. think about that. its a little crazy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum