Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Look at Post Racial Tennessee

+4
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It seems racism is about the only bullet in the liberal gun now days...Sir Alex of Austin is fun to listen to.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sir Alex of Austin is fun to listen to.

If he wasn't, I would have something else on the radio when I go to bed. But I'm going to bed now and he has another hour and 15 minutes to hold my attention which he will. At least until I doze off. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Sir Alex of Austin is fun to listen to.

If he wasn't,  I would have something else on the radio when I go to bed.  But I'm going to bed now and he has another hour and 15 minutes to hold my attention which he will.  At least until I doze off.  lol

Careful Bob or you might become an INFOWARRIOR !

2seaoat

It seems racism is about the only bullet in the liberal gun now days...Sir Alex of Austin is fun to listen to.

As usual you have it asz backward.......it is the hate and prejudice that special interests have manipulated to hijack the Republican Party and steal America.

2seaoat wrote:Tonight on Bill Mahr......300k in prison in 1970.....today two million.  The new Jim Crow........create the highest percentage of minorities in prison.....the drug war was the implements of the new Jim Crow......and who do you think will be fighting decriminalization.

Youre a complete tool.

please notice that the majority of prisoners in prison is for violent crimes.

A Look at Post Racial Tennessee - Page 3 Incarc10

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004339

I cant find a newer than 2010 graph, perhaps the DOJ ordered this to be hidden from public now.

2seaoat

The professor on Bill Mahr wrote her book from studies of our war on drugs and the consequences to minorities in America. She called it the new Jim Crow because once a person has a felony in America they become a second class citizen. In this process two million are in jail. Millions cannot vote and are disenfranchised by a system she claims has always intended the same result.

I would like to see nationwide expungment of personal use of drugs when charged as a felony. States are passing second chance statutes now that allow the first conviction not to be a judgment and felony on a person's record. These unjust laws will need to be removed from the statute books and replaced with treatment options. Mahr also said last night that Colorado will raise almost 100 million from the regulation and taxation of pot. Already folks in big pharm and the alcohol industry are scarred to death, as well as the criminal justice system which could lose thousands of jobs as our prisons begin to let non violent drug offenders out, and save the taxpayers billions of dollars. This country is moving in the right direction and policy does matter.

2seaoat wrote:The professor on Bill Mahr wrote her book from studies of our war on drugs and the consequences to minorities in America.  She called it the new Jim Crow because once a person has a felony in America they become a second class citizen.   In this process two million are in jail.   Millions cannot vote and are disenfranchised by a system she claims has always intended the same result.

I would like to see nationwide expungment of personal use of drugs when charged as a felony.  States are passing second chance statutes now that allow the first conviction not to be a judgment and felony on a person's record.   These unjust laws will need to be removed from the statute books and replaced with treatment options.   Mahr also said last night that Colorado will raise almost 100 million from the regulation and taxation of pot.   Already folks in big pharm and the alcohol industry are scarred to death, as well as the criminal justice system which could lose thousands of jobs as our prisons begin to let non violent drug offenders out, and save the taxpayers billions of dollars.   This country is moving in the right direction and policy does matter.

youre very naïve and you lack common sense. so please stop using the term common sense, because you have none.

you are so far detached from reality its amazing.

did you just see the chart that is directly from the US bureau of justice telling you what the stats are for drug incarcerations compared to violent crimes?

What I see on this forum is the left just over looks facts as if they are not even there when they don't meet their agenda.  Rolling Eyes 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dot wrote:

A Look at Post Racial Tennessee - Page 3 Incarc10

That's a revealing chart.  Especially since I wish I had a nickel for every time someone has said "most people are in prison on drug charges".  And "if we legalize marijuana we can clear out the prisons".

So the chart does provide the evidence that most convicts are violent offenders,  not in prison on drug crimes.

BUT,  that tells only a part of the story,  Chrissy.  Because I guarantee you a big portion of those inmates committed crimes of violence  BECAUSE of the Prohibition on drugs.  Exactly the same reason an army of al capones and al capone wannabees committed violent crimes.  
Once the first Prohibition ended,  there was no longer any reason for those gangsters and thugs to commit violence to keep their illegal alcohol flowing. They no longer controlled the flow of alcohol.

Last edited by Bob on 2/22/2014, 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I personally witnessed something similiar to this,  Chrissy.

For 20 years I bought illegal slot machines from the illegal slot machine operations on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Every one of those illegal slot machine operators contributed to utter corruption of law enforcement over there.  The cops were all bought off.
In other words a "Prohibition" on gambling is what led to all the local corruption.  And it also led to occasional violence and people being sent to prison for violence.

Once the Mississippi government legalized gambling,  all that ended overnight.
The gangsters running illegal gambling were put out of business.

And exactly the same thing occurred in Louisiana.

2seaoat

I think Bob's answer is pretty good, but the truth is most people in prison.

here is another explanation
Violent crime was not responsible for the quadrupling of the incarcerated population in the United States from 1980 to 2003. Violent crime rates had been relatively constant or declining over those decades. The prison population was increased primarily by public policy changes causing more prison sentences and lengthening time served, e.g. through mandatory minimum sentencing, "three strikes" laws, and reductions in the availability of parole or early release. These policies were championed as protecting the public from serious and violent offenders, but instead yielded high rates of confinement for nonviolent offenders. Nearly three quarters of new admissions to state prison were convicted of nonviolent crimes. 49 percent of sentenced state inmates were held for violent offenses. Perhaps the single greatest force behind the growth of the prison population has been the national "war on drugs." The number of incarcerated drug offenders has increased twelvefold since 1980. In 2000, 22 percent of those in federal and state prisons were convicted on drug charges
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:Come on, markle.  At least try to keep up with me.  And when you repeat what I posted in the same post you're replying to,  that's not making any progress.

And it's also ignoring my question which I've now asked you at least three times.  How did all of the sixties' civil rights legislation,  taken either separately or together,   result in "separating" the races?  

Once again, for the very, very S-L-O-W.

The Civil Rights Acts of the 1960's were UNDOING the laws in effect PRIOR to that time and which had been in effect for decades.

2seaoat

Once again, for the very, very S-L-O-W.

The Civil Rights Acts of the 1960's were UNDOING the laws in effect PRIOR to that time and which had been in effect for decades.

What is your point.....because the southern strategy sure had a great many Dixiecrats running to the Republican Party and that in the end is what is driving the modern Republican Party.......the old confederacy.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Once again, for the very, very S-L-O-W.

What is your point.....because the southern strategy sure had a great many Dixiecrats running to the Republican Party and that in the end is what is driving the modern Republican Party.......the old confederacy.

You obviously forgot the "Northern strategy" where discrimination was just as common or more so, than in the South.

2seaoat

You obviously forgot the "Northern strategy" where discrimination was just as common or more so, than in the South.

Sorry, try again......my entire family other than my mother who was rebellious and became a Republican in the 1940s left the Democratic Party in Alabama and became Republicans in the 1970s. They actively fought the Civil Rights reforms, and fell right into the groove created by Nixon's Southern Strategy which sadly destroyed the Republican Party and its ideals.

Where was the mass movement from Republicans to Democrats in your Northern Strategy.....mixing metaphors again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum