Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The GOV's community health workers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 includes
provisions relevant to CHWs that are to become effective
during the next 4 years. Section 5313, Grants to Promote
the Community Health Workforce, amends Part P of Title III
of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 280g et seq.) to
authorize CDC in collaboration with the Secretary of Health
and Human Services to award grants to “eligible entities to
promote positive health behaviors and outcomes for populations
in medically underserved communities through the
use of community health workers” using evidence-based
interventions to educate, guide, and provide outreach in
community settings regarding health problems prevalent
in medically underserved communities; effective strategies
to promote positive health behaviors and discourage risky
health behaviors; enrollment in health insurance; enrollment
and referral to appropriate health care agencies; and maternal
health and prenatal care.
The Act states that a CHW is “an individual
who promotes health or
nutrition within the community in
which the individual resides: a) by
serving as a liaison between communities
and health care agencies;
b) by providing guidance and social
assistance to community residents; c)
by enhancing community residents’ ability
to effectively communicate with health care providers; d)
by providing culturally and linguistically appropriate health
and nutrition education; e) by advocating for individual and
community health; f) by providing referral and follow-up
services or otherwise coordinating; and g) by proactively

http://www.cdc.gov/dhdsp/docs/chw_brief.pdf

Part of the appeal of the approach in the study by Kangovi et al is that patients and CHWs worked together to find aspects of the patients' lives that, with help, could improve their sense of well-being," Dr. Alter writes. "Finding a comfortable social activity, identifying a food pantry, creating a budget for food — these interventions are not typically identified with medical care, but they lead to a measureable improvement in medical care."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/820451?src=wnl_edit_tpal&uac=193627DJ

so basically what we have here is that the GOV is creating a group of community organizers who will go into peoples houses and help them direct every little single aspect of thier lives. Isnt that nice?

and to top it off, the salary for these positions are $35,000 - $60,000 with managment making more than $60,000. So I guess we can toss that idea out the window that healthcare professionals make too much money. apparently the problem is we dont work for the GOV.

dumpcare

Can I be one? I just sent my order in for 500 rubber gloves.

Just think about it, a salary and helping then identify an activity that both you and them can live with, in your favor of course. Identifying the food pantry, hell not only can you partake in their mutual activity (if you know what I mean) you can also get them to cook you a meal from the pantry you helped them stock. This sounds like the perfect job for me to do and retire from this obama care industry. I wonder if you can give exams? Twisted Evil 

I knew butt wiping couldn't be far off.

We're going to need alot more mandates, controls, prohibitions, and penalties if this program is going to fly.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:I knew butt wiping couldn't be far off.

We're going to need alot more mandates, controls, prohibitions, and penalties if this program is going to fly.

Nope, no butt wiping for me, I get to pick and choose.

already in place under aca.

and ppaca, her you go. for $1000 or under you can start your new obamacare career as a CHW.

https://students.tamhsc.edu/chwi/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2013/08/CHWI-Training-Application.pdf

dumpcare

I don't need no stinkin training, just give me the gloves and I'm off. I know what's best for them.

ppaca wrote:

Nope, no butt wiping for me, I get to pick and choose.

Whelp... if it's determined to be in the new common good... you may not have a choice.

Smoking and alch of any kind is prohibited.
Risk and habit aversion intervention with penalty.
Obesity being the second highest risk requires several mandates:
Nutritional requirements and limits with penalties including reconditioning confinement.
Food controlled and dispersed in govt cafeterias/vending.
Mandatory exercise programs to be monitored in govt gyms.
Compulsory disease control compliance to include vaccination, sterilization, quarantine, and death.
Genetic screening to determine eligibility for health treatments and procreation.
Determinant risk/outcome guidelines for procedures based on all factors above.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

ppaca wrote:I don't need no stinkin training, just give me the gloves and I'm off. I know what's best for them.

gloves are costly. do you think you might be able to do this job without gloves? you need to be cost effective. We could issue you a bar of soap which you could keep in a baggie every month.

Plus gloves are so impersonal. We need you to be a friend to these people. Take them to the movies, ball games, sit at the kitchen table and make them a budget, pay their bills for them etc. This way they are happy with the healthcare they receive and wont go back to the doctor complaining.

You might also need to wear a poncho on occasion.

are you sure your up for this? $60,000. isn't that much, but just think it comes with a very nice GOV pension plan and free health insurance. Smile 

dumpcare

If I don't have to wipe their butts I'm up for it and yes I can forgo the gloves and $60 grand and pension I can do it. I just wonder what these people are going to do on federal holiday's because I ain't working.

ppaca wrote:If I don't have to wipe their butts I'm up for it and yes I can forgo the gloves and $60 grand and pension I can do it. I just wonder what these people are going to do on federal holiday's because I ain't working.

they will be watching tv. can you make sure you leave them some frozen dinners before you holiday? and don't forget to put the tp in the bathroom, that makes them really mad and then they will go to the doctors office complaining.

dumpcare

I could do that Chrissy, but now that I just skimmed over the 20 pages of responsibilities I have decided to forget it. In fact I may need one of those CHW's.

ppaca wrote:I could do that Chrissy, but now that I just skimmed over the 20 pages of responsibilities I have decided to forget it. In fact I may need one of those CHW's.

LOl 20 pages of duties for a GOV job....  Laughing 

don't worry son, this aint a military position, its strictly civilian core. just show up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum