Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare deductibles and increases in premiums....not really that AFFORDABLE

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Thought small businesses were exempt? Guess not.

http://www.caintv.com/cameras-roll-at-a-pa-small-bus

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

They are exempt, but quite a few small businesses decided to keep group insurance in place. But they also at least in Florida did not have to comply this year if keeping in place. Example: I have a small group that their renewal was Jan 1, they had the option to stay on what they had at a 40% rate increase or change to a compliant ACA plan. They changed to the compliant plan because the coverage was better and the premium's a little bit less than in 2013. So all compliant plans are not going to cost more than what they had. It is what the agent shows them and does not compare or it's simply the business owner's decision on what plan they choose.

I have found over the years dealing with business owner's that there are some that increase the employee contribution and tell them it was the insurance company's fault when in fact it was the employer's fault. In most cases it is the insurance company's fault because of rate increases, but in the past two years I have had a few that their rates increases were 1 % or a couple who actually had a decrease but still increased the employee contribution.

I still wouldn't read too much into these articles as being the whole truth.

The smart thing to do for small employer's would be to drop the group and give the employee's an extra $2400 a year and tell them their on their own. Lot less headaches on the administration with the employer.

ppaca wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

They are exempt, but quite a few small businesses decided to keep group insurance in place. But they also at least in Florida did not have to comply this year if keeping in place. Example: I have a small group that their renewal was Jan 1, they had the option to stay on what they had at a 40% rate increase or change to a compliant ACA plan. They changed to the compliant plan because the coverage was better and the premium's a little bit less than in 2013. So all compliant plans are not going to cost more than what they had. It is what the agent shows them and does not compare or it's simply the business owner's decision on what plan they choose.

I have found over the years dealing with business owner's that there are some that increase the employee contribution and tell them it was the insurance company's fault when in fact it was the employer's fault. In most cases it is the insurance company's fault because of rate increases, but in the past two years I have had a few that their rates increases were 1 % or a couple who actually had a decrease but still increased the employee contribution.

I still wouldn't read too much into these articles as being the whole truth.

The smart thing to do for small employer's would be to drop the group and give the employee's an extra $2400 a year and tell them their on their own. Lot less headaches on the administration with the employer.

I like having my health insurance done by my employer as a benefit. giving me a $2400 increase in pay would not cover my health insurance thank you very much, so you can keep that idea.

You forget that a increase in pay like that to a middle income worker, would be taxed away. and no, there would NOT be a subsidy to help. Why do you hate middle class people?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum