Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daily dose: Libertarian history, How the GOP was lost.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/02/patrick-j-buchanan/why-the-gop-is-rotten/

At the Cold War’s end, the GOP reached a fork in the road. The determination of Middle Americans to preserve the country they grew up in, suddenly collided with the profit motive of Corporate America.

The Fortune 500 wanted to close factories in the USA and ship production abroad — where unions did not exist, regulations were light, taxes were low, and wages were a fraction of what they were here in America.

Corporate America was going global and wanted to be rid of its American work force, the best paid on earth, and replace it with cheap foreign labor.

While manufacturing sought to move production abroad, hotels, motels, bars, restaurants, farms and construction companies that could not move abroad also wanted to replace their expensive American workers.

Thanks to the Republican Party, Corporate America got it all.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

And THAT, Teo, is why I am a far, far left-leaning libertarian. Bingo!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PBulldog2 wrote:And THAT, Teo, is why I am a far, far left-leaning libertarian. Bingo!

I for one would be interested in the explanation of what being a far far left leaning libertarian demands. I mean I may be one and just not know it...

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

From Wiki, short and sweet:

"Referred to as left-wing market anarchists[48] or market-oriented left-libertarians,[44] proponents of this approach strongly affirm the classical liberal ideas of self-ownership and free markets, while maintaining that, taken to their logical conclusions, these ideas support strongly anti-corporatist, anti-hierarchical, pro-labor positions in economics; anti-imperialism in foreign policy; and thoroughly liberal or radical views regarding such cultural issues as gender, sexuality, and race.""

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PBulldog2 wrote:From Wiki, short and sweet:

"Referred to as left-wing market anarchists[48] or market-oriented left-libertarians,[44] proponents of this approach strongly affirm the classical liberal ideas of self-ownership and free markets, while maintaining that, taken to their logical conclusions, these ideas support strongly anti-corporatist, anti-hierarchical, pro-labor positions in economics; anti-imperialism in foreign policy; and thoroughly liberal or radical views regarding such cultural issues as gender, sexuality, and race.""

To clarify, radical views on race sex etc... My position is that Government should never be used to force a cultural issue on another. Such as abortion. I am prolife BUT I know I can't stop a woman that wants an abortion. That is not ethical on my part. The thing is that it is just as unethical to take the money extorted from me in taxes and pay for her abortion.

To get rid of all the sleight of hand of taxes think of it as it really is. A thug with a gun to my head takes $300 out of my pocket and hands it to his girlfriend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum