Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is it that causes out of area people to be so obbsessed with Local Pensacola projects/politics?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Do other cities such as Biloxi, Mobile Alabama, Fort Walton Beach have the same problem? People that have nothing to do with the area  criticize us who live here in Pensacola.  If we speak about a local issue we are bombarded with comments about our character, motivation even our mental status.  If that is not enough, we are brought to task for lack of community involvement and seemly inability to observe local issues.  We are told we are "Old Guard", People who hate the thought of any thing new.  People who fail to dream and envision a better future for them selves.  We must listen to those who have just arrived, for the their vision is the only one that matters.  With out the comments and help from others our business, would flounder and fall into disarray as we stand mired in our own short comings.  Successful local business owned by Pensacolians  such as Joe Patti Sea food(14 million+ in yearly sales, 9 years ago) Bell steel(20 million+) both within a stones throw of the CMPA, are over looked, not even worthy of a comment.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 1/31/2014, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

At least you ain't being called a Nazi and attacked as the greatest evil that posts here. He's just calling you old, backwards and stupid.

Mr Oats is not the only one, just the most vocal.

knothead

knothead

Ichi, I hope you will continue to articulate your opinions. Some will disagree (with your views) but that is a complement of sorts because you have begun a dialogue with others. Mr. Oats is hardly uninformed . . . he has lived here, owned property here, paid taxes here, etc. but the fact that he is no longer a physical member of our community hardly disqualifies him from participating or disagreeing with your own positions. What you seem to be saying in this thread is if you don't live here "Butt out" and that is nonsensical to me. Many posters here do not reside here but their views are just as worthy as those of us who participate in community issues. Do you agree?

I agree and your point is well taken.  But to resort to name calling and chastising  those of us who are trying to make a difference is some what disingenuous.  People have every right to disagree with my view points and opinions.   I welcome it, it makes things better.  But labeling and demeaning others is of no value.  This is not a hobby or some abstract game we are playing.  These issues affect me, my family and the way of life I choose to live. .

2seaoat

But labeling and demeaning others is of no value.

What a perfect post. It says it all. After years of posting horrible personal attacks on Mr. Studer, and labeling him and demeaning him where he is unable to defend himself from the cowardly attacks of an annonymous newspaper forum, one member consistently defends Mr. Studer and his contributions to Pensacola, and somebody cannot take the heat in the kitchen when each and everyone of his attacks is rebutted by facts like attendance and sales tax dollars........so now it is whine time.......do you want a little cheese with your whine, or better yet........my health issues can magically disappear and I can move into Mr. Studer's new residential development and suddenly my comments will be valid, because after all facts do not matter, it is where you live and if you are buds with Joe Patti that give you license to label and demean Mr. Studer.

2seaoat

At least you ain't being called a Nazi and attacked as the greatest evil that posts here. He's just calling you old, backwards and stupid.

I think my characterization of T's political ideology is correct and the facts do not lie. Just look at some of his recent threads to confirm the same.

I have never called Hallmark Old. I have never called him backwards. I have certainly never called him stupid. I have simply called him wrong in regard to Mr. Studer and his contributions to Pensacola.

Actually T the greatest evil on any forum is not theoretical debate, but personal attack in a newspaper forum which is demeaning and hurtful to a known identity, where a post is like a sniper in the woods shooting at a person's family and there is no way to defend or prove a negative......when did studer quit beating his wife........being a Nazi cannot be helped because there is a whole lot of road which gets somebody there, but sniping at a known named member of the public or a forum member where personal things are attacked......that in my opinion is the greatest evil, and after spending a lifetime taking on bullies........it does not get any better than here.

2seaoat wrote:But labeling and demeaning others is of no value.

What a perfect post.  It says it all.  After years of posting horrible personal attacks on Mr. Studer, and labeling him and demeaning him where he is unable to defend himself from the cowardly attacks of an annonymous newspaper forum, one member consistently defends Mr. Studer and his contributions to Pensacola, and somebody cannot take the heat in the kitchen when each and everyone of his attacks is rebutted by facts like attendance and sales tax dollars........so now it is whine time.......do you want a little cheese with your whine, or better yet........my health issues can magically disappear and I can move into Mr. Studer's new residential development and suddenly my comments will be valid, because after all facts do not matter, it is where you live and if you are buds with Joe Patti that give you license to label and demean Mr. Studer.

LOL Thanks . Lets play nice. I have had enough of your shit. Fuck you...

2seaoat

LOL Thanks . Lets play nice. I have had enough of your shit. Fuck you...

What fun would this place be if we did not have red in the face arguments........I really love it when I get my asz kicked.....that is why I love this place.....people do not have to pretend to be nice......I have had nice for the last two years, and I need a little bad asz or I will lose my fricking mind......so I step on toes intentionally, much more than I did seven years ago when I was healthy and a nice guy on these forums........I have become Mr. pain in the asz.......I really do realize the same, but it is one of the few places where people still will give me a good whack in the butt and not give me that long sad pity look.....I guess you would have to walk in my shoes to understand that everybody being nice to a person really gets old.

knothead

knothead

Mr Ichi wrote:
2seaoat wrote:But labeling and demeaning others is of no value.

What a perfect post.  It says it all.  After years of posting horrible personal attacks on Mr. Studer, and labeling him and demeaning him where he is unable to defend himself from the cowardly attacks of an annonymous newspaper forum, one member consistently defends Mr. Studer and his contributions to Pensacola, and somebody cannot take the heat in the kitchen when each and everyone of his attacks is rebutted by facts like attendance and sales tax dollars........so now it is whine time.......do you want a little cheese with your whine, or better yet........my health issues can magically disappear and I can move into Mr. Studer's new residential development and suddenly my comments will be valid, because after all facts do not matter, it is where you live and if you are buds with Joe Patti that give you license to label and demean Mr. Studer.

LOL  Thanks .  Lets play nice.  I have had enough of your shit.  Fuck you...

Wow . . . that kinda retort will build some bridges for sure . . .

2seaoat

Wow . . . that kinda retort will build some bridges for sure . . .

Oh we have a solid bridge.....we both just like arguing with each other, and sadly understand each other well enough to enjoy pushing buttons.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Wow . . . that kinda retort will build some bridges for sure . . .

Oh we have a solid bridge.....we both just like arguing with each other, and sadly understand each other well enough to enjoy pushing buttons.

OK, Mr. Oats . . . I henceforth withdraw from mediation efforts . . . have at it.

2seaoat

OK, Mr. Oats . . . I henceforth withdraw from mediation efforts . . . have at it.

We have been doing it for years......no need for mediation....I am usually right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum