Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ice on bridge fatalities

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ice on bridge fatalities Empty Ice on bridge fatalities 1/30/2014, 9:45 pm

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20140130/NEWS01/140130010/Second-death-confirmed-Tuesday-s-17-car-crash-10

I would run the pontoon boat under this bridge and cannot imagine how two cars were pushed into the river.

2Ice on bridge fatalities Empty Re: Ice on bridge fatalities 1/30/2014, 9:57 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

In the fog on the bridge over the Pontchartrain I was behind an 18 wheeler that swerved to miss a stalled car and when he whipped back to keep from going over the left rail his rig went through the right guard rail and went into the lake from about as high up as you could plunge, from about 150 ft. The truck sank and his trailer burst open and a bunch of boxes floated out. I stopped and looked but there was nothing anyone could do. That night I heard that the driver was 64 and was retiring that year...he died on impact in the tractor, divers recovered him. Nothing happened to the stalled car. Those guard rails hardly slow down a big rig.

3Ice on bridge fatalities Empty Re: Ice on bridge fatalities 1/30/2014, 10:14 pm

2seaoat

I guess you are right because I could never imagine a car being pushed into the river on that blackwater bridge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum