Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BILL O'REILLY: "the minimum wage has caused more misery and unemployment than anything since the Great Depression.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Whoops my mistake.  It wasn't Bill O'Reilly who said that.  It was the POTUS who co-starred in a movie with a chimp named Bonzo.

Actually,  Bill O'Reilly is staunchly in favor of increasing the minimum wage.  Whodathunkit.  Bill O'Reilly contradicting the messiah Ronnie.  Bill O'Reilly has now become a commie like the rest.
I wish I could show you the video of last night's O'Reilly Factor.  Bill turned red and smoke came out of his ears when arguing in favor of increasing the minimum wage with another talking head screamer named Kate Obershein.  But I can't find that video so you'll just have to refer to this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=bill+o%27reilly+minimum+wage&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Give that commie hell,  markle.

There's really no alternative given the monetary manipulations... designed to fail.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:There's really no alternative given the monetary manipulations... designed to fail.

Be careful, markle's gonna put you in the commie camp too. Did you just say the federal government should force private employers to give their employees a minimum wage?  You?  A Libertarian.  Actually said that?  lol

Please explain why a libertarian would take that position because of "monetary manipulations" so we can fully understand you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's what markle/talk radio/everybody-else-on-fox news would say in response to O'Reilly.

"An increase in the minimum wage will result in employers not hiring more employees and laying off existing employees".

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:There's really no alternative given the monetary manipulations... designed to fail.

Be careful, markle's gonna put you in the commie camp too. Did you just say the federal government should force private employers to give their employees a minimum wage?  You?  A Libertarian.  Actually said that?  lol

Please explain why a libertarian would take that position because of "monetary manipulations" so we can fully understand you.

By the manipulation I mean the value of the dollar and the cost of living. I don't think that leaves any choice eventually.

It's going to happen by design. Don't forget what drove the arab spring... it wasn't religion... it was economic pressures.

Stagnant wages, lack of opportunity, unemployment, disaffected youth, authoritarian regime... sound familiar?

And the liberals want to add millions of illegal immigrants to the list of the unemployed.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:

Be careful,  markle's gonna put you in the commie camp too.  Did you just say the federal government should force private employers to give their employees a minimum wage?  You?  A Libertarian.  Actually said that?  lol

By the manipulation I mean the value of the dollar and the cost of living. I don't think that leaves any choice eventually.

It's going to happen by design. Don't forget what drove the arab spring... it wasn't religion... it was economic pressures.

Stagnant wages, lack of opportunity, unemployment, disaffected youth, authoritarian regime... sound familiar?

It sounds familiar coming from you. Wages have stagnated as a percentage of GDP for most ordinary working people SINCE THE REAGAN YEARS. Do you have some other proposal for realigning the interests of the majority? Everything is not a commie plot...or eugenics...sometimes it's just simple arithmetic.

Not true. From the time I got hired on until 2008, my pay doubled. In Obamas years we got one real pay raise ... This year

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Not true. From the time I got hired on until 2008, my pay doubled. In Obamas years we got one real pay raise ... This year

Peedawg got a raise so the four decades long economic reality for the entire country has hereby been suspended.

I pray to your imaginary best buddy in the sky, you don't teach children debate or critical thinking skills.

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Not true. From the time I got hired on until 2008, my pay doubled. In Obamas years we got one real pay raise ... This year

Peedawg got a raise so the four decades long economic reality for the entire country has hereby been suspended.

I pray to your best buddy in the sky, you don't teach children debate or critical thinking skills.

Uh, one pay raise in past five years follows all state workers pattern moron. Everyone else I know has been getting huge raises. I'm fortunate that my PT job pays well, but even that might come to an end per medical VA disability. May get boarded out, but that means I get it IMMEDIATELY after being retired.

Sal,

Why did BIGGEST LOSER outrank the SOTU address in viewership? IS it because NOBODY is listening to the empty suit now?

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/biggest-loser-tops-biggest-loser-tuesday-tv-ratings/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's one of the cretins who caused our economic decline:

BILL O'REILLY:  "the minimum wage has caused more misery and unemployment than anything since the Great Depression. Friedmanlarge

He was deceased in 2006:  Here's his writeup in the TIMES:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/16/business/17friedmancnd.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Milton Friedman, Free Markets Theorist, Dies at 94

By HOLCOMB B. NOBLE
Published: November 16, 2006

"Milton Friedman, the grandmaster of free-market economic theory in the postwar era and a prime force in the movement of nations toward less government and greater reliance on individual responsibility, died today in San Francisco, where he lived. He was 94.

Conservative and liberal colleagues alike viewed Mr. Friedman, a Nobel prize laureate, as one of the 20th century’s leading economic scholars, on a par with giants like John Maynard Keynes and Paul Samuelson.

Flying the flag of economic conservatism, Mr. Friedman led the postwar challenge to the hallowed theories of Lord Keynes, the British economist who maintained that governments had a duty to help capitalistic economies through periods of recession and to prevent boom times from exploding into high inflation.

In Professor Friedman’s view, government had the opposite obligation: to keep its hands off the economy, to let the free market do its work. He was a spiritual heir to Adam Smith, the 18th-century founder of the science of economics and proponent of laissez-faire: that government governs best which governs least.

The only economic lever that Mr. Friedman would allow government to use was the one that controlled the supply of money — a monetarist view that had gone out of favor when he embraced it in the 1950s. He went on to record a signal achievement, predicting the unprecedented combination of rising unemployment and rising inflation that came to be called stagflation. His work earned him the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science in 1976.

Rarely, his colleagues said, did anyone have such impact on both his own profession and on government. Though he never served officially in the halls of power, he was always around them, as an adviser and theorist.

“Among economic scholars, Milton Friedman had no peer,” Ben S. Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, said today. “The direct and indirect influences of his thinking on contemporary monetary economics would be difficult to overstate.”

Professor Friedman also fueled the rise of the Chicago School of economics, a conservative group within the department of economics at the University of Chicago. He and his colleagues became a counterforce to their liberal peers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard, influencing close to a dozen American winners of the Nobel prize in economics.

It was not only Mr. Friedman’s antistatist and free-market views that held sway over his colleagues. There was also his willingness to create a place where independent thinkers could be encouraged to take unconventional stands as long as they were prepared to do battle to support them.

“Most economics departments are like country clubs,” said James J. Heckman, a Chicago faculty member and Nobel laureate who earned his doctorate at Princeton. “But at Chicago you are only as good as your last paper.”

Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said of Mr. Friedman in an interview on Tuesday. “From a longer-term point of view, it’s his academic achievements which will have lasting import. But I would not dismiss the profound impact he has already had on the American public’s view.”

To Mr. Greenspan, Mr. Friedman came along at an opportune time. The Keynesian consensus among economists, he said — one that had worked well from the 1930s — could not explain the stagflation of the 1970s.

But he also said that Mr. Friedman had made a broader political argument: that you have to have economic freedom to have political freedom.

Mr. Friedman had a gift for communicating complicated ideas in simple and lucid ways, and it served him well as the author or co-author of more than a dozen books, as a columnist for Newsweek from 1966 to 1983 and even as the star of a public television series. He was a bridge between the academic and popular worlds, and his broader impact stemmed in large part from the fact that he was preaching a gospel of capitalism that fit neatly into American self-perceptions. He was pushing on an open door..."

Plenty more at site...I got tired of reading the fawning praise.

------------------

Let's review:

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1877351_1877350_1877331,00.html

25 People To Blame for the Financial Crisis

leading off with:

BILL O'REILLY:  "the minimum wage has caused more misery and unemployment than anything since the Great Depression. Blame_25_greenspan

---------------------

Good Lord...Greenspan looks like my BIL...the one that's addicted to Limbaugh.

Last edited by Floridatexan on 1/30/2014, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ah yes, blame it on Bush. LOL. It never fails that five years into Obama's time as COWH, he still blames Bush.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Ah yes, blame it on Bush. LOL. It never fails that five years into Obama's time as COWH, he still blames Bush.

I was actually pointing to Milton Friedman. Do you actually READ, or do you just form impressions? I bet you're one of those people at parties that never actually hear anything b/c you're always thinking you're the cleverest person in the room. What a bore.

When I posted the pic of him w/ Bush, I actually tried to post one with Reagan, but it didn't work out. Do we really have to wonder where Reagan got his ideas?

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Sal,

Why did BIGGEST LOSER outrank the SOTU address in viewership? IS it because NOBODY is listening to the empty suit now?

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/biggest-loser-tops-biggest-loser-tuesday-tv-ratings/

Wow ...

... that sounds really bad, PeeDawg.

But, the big question is - how do you think this will effect his reelection chances?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

2seaoat

The minimum wage needs to be increased, however I would like to see a slow 10 year incremental increase which brings it to the level of 1968 adjusted for inflation. 10 annual increases.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum