Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

riding a whale shark down here, amazing!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FORT MYERS, FL -
Imagine fishing in the Gulf of Mexico and coming face to face with a 30-foot, 50,000 pound whale shark. Now imagine jumping ship, grabbing its fin and riding it.

Nineteen-year-old Chris Kreis of Fort Myers was fishing 30 miles off the Captiva's coast last Saturday when he encountered the world's largest fish species.

"It's massive, it's the size of the boat" Kreis said of the gentle giant.

Kreis jumped in, grabbed the fin and rode the fish for about twenty seconds. He posted a video of it to YouTube.

WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE

"When I started holding on I felt the whale shark it started moving itself, it felt the drag and it didn't really want me on there so I let go and that's it," Kreis described the ride,

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/22589006/fort-myers-teen-has-a-whale-of-a-tale-to-tell#.UuBq72co45s

crazy mofo, but wow, what a story to tell your kids.  Cool

The Dude

The Dude

Dumb idea since it is a crime......

The Dude wrote:Dumb idea since it is a crime......

not a crime

He's lucky her didn't get hit by the tail after letting go... might have killed him.

The Dude

The Dude

U are correct

You got to have some serious gonads to do that.

I was looking for something I saw at the store today on the news stand. I think they are trying to figure out why this whale shark was over here. not sure if they are local to the area or not.

that's one crazy guy though......

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I rode an 8 foot manta ray on the liberty ship a while back.He seemed to be having fun and brought me right back to my dive buddy after a slow circle. He didn't even know I was there the power of a ray is amazing.

Markle

Markle

Whale sharks are intimidating by their size rather than dangerous. They are a filtering shark, they feed on microscopic plankton up to small fish.

They are very docile and frequently allow swimmers and divers to hitch a ride with them.

They were discovered relatively recently for a creature this size. They were first discovered in 1825. Rather surprising since the creature is believed to have been around for about 60 million years.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:He's lucky her didn't get hit by the tail after letting go... might have killed him.

Not really, they're docile and slow moving and not at all aggressive despite their massive size.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Be sure and tell Jesse Arbogast how docile and harmless they are, Markle. I'm sure that will make him feel better...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92561

Pretty sure he's speaking specifically about the whale shark... but no matter how docile they are the tail exerts enormous force.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:Pretty sure he's speaking specifically about the whale shark... but no matter how docile they are the tail exerts enormous force.

If I was this diver, the tail wouldn't be what I was concerned about. lol

riding a whale shark down here, amazing! Whale10

Idiot

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think Alfred Hitchcock missed the mark. Considering how humans have polluted their natural environment, it will probably be the sharks and dolphins and whales and other marine creatures who start attacking us. Not birds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum