Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gates......Obama made solid decisions

+2
Floridatexan
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Honesty

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Yes, that is in effect what he said. And despite Bob's declaration of respect for Gates, he was apparently heavily involved in Iran/Contra. Plus, Patraeus and McChrystal are both discredited, to say the least.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Robert-Gates-piss-and-tel-by-Eugene-Elander-Administration_Afghanistan_Attack_Bush-140113-471.html

Gates says he sucks

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Gates says he sucks

He also said his decision to take out OBL was the most courageous of any Commander-in-Chief during his many years serving different presidents.

2seaoat

He also said his decision to take out OBL was the most courageous of any Commander-in-Chief during his many years serving different presidents.

President Obama is making history......period. Any Objective analysis reveals his competency in foreign relations.

2seaoat wrote:He also said his decision to take out OBL was the most courageous of any Commander-in-Chief during his many years serving different presidents.

President Obama is making history......period. Any Objective analysis reveals his competency in foreign relations.

Lol... if he was running al qaeda and the muslim brotherhood... you would be exactly right.

by 2seaoat Today at 5:29 pm

---------
The people in Fallujah, Iraq beg to differ as his cut and run policy now has Al Qaeda in control of their city. Foreign policy utter fail and both sides in Astan are biding their time until we pullout and have a free-for-all once we are gone.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:by 2seaoat Today at 5:29 pm

---------
The people in Fallujah, Iraq beg to differ as his cut and run policy now has Al Qaeda in control of their city. Foreign policy utter fail and both sides in Astan are biding their time until we pullout and have a free-for-all once we are gone.

All of this was predicted to occur, because the foreign policy fail was invading Iraq in the first place. History is not going to judge George W. Bush in a positive light, and years from now, he will be looked at as the pure idiot that he was. Just like Lyndon Johnson got the Vietnam war going full steam--another big fail--you don't see any aircraft carriers named after him, do ya? They might one day name a tugboat after Dubya.

As far back as 2004 they were saying there were no good options for Iraq once American troops were pulled out. Bush's successors were destined to be stuck with those options. No one should be surprised at what is happening now, and the fail rests in Dubya's lap.

I am sorry you cannot deal with reality.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Gates says he sucks

Why? There have been many military hits....just not video taped, media representation, and openly discussed.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

---------

Exactly what outcome were you expecting from Bush's wars? And why, again, were we at war...in either country...take your time answering.

knothead

knothead

All these revelations were very predictable if we stop and think it through. The USA is NOT going to stay in either Iraq or Stan . . . departure or disengagement was necessary as our country recognizes the futility of staying. The so-called insurgents live there and hate the West generally. It is my guess there will be atrocities in our absence but we, as a nation, are coming face to face with the reality that we cannot maintain a military presence in these God forsaken cultures . . . I say get the hell out and not lose any more of our precious servicemen and women. We will someday learn to pick our fights more judiciously and after engaging have an exit plan. These wars feed the machine, deplete our resources and deepen the hatred among the nationals in the occupied nations. Enough already . . . Obama is doing the right thing by getting us out with as much decorum as possible but we gotta go.

Gates......Obama made solid decisions 1526790_413727278760456_810084865_n
2seaoat wrote:Honesty

Gates......Obama made solid decisions 1609858_431961623599347_1811592722_n

2seaoat

two million ballots plus filed in Iowa and after the AG promised to Prosecute all voter fraud, and five people were convicted......yet it is a political movement to limit access which has nothing to do with its stated purpose you attempt to justify, like poll taxes and literacy tests......they will not work and people will have access to the polls.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Gates......Obama made solid decisions 1526790_413727278760456_810084865_n

PaceDog, if we were to start a poll to judge who the biggest whiner is of all posters on this forum, how many votes do you think you would receive?

I will do you a favor and promise not to start such a poll........
 Shocked

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 1/15/2014, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:All these revelations were very predictable if we stop and think it through.  The USA is NOT going to stay in either Iraq or Stan . . . departure or disengagement was necessary as our country recognizes the futility of staying.  The so-called insurgents live there and hate the West generally.  It is my guess there will be atrocities in our absence but we, as a nation, are coming face to face with the reality that we cannot maintain a military presence in these God forsaken cultures . . . I say get the hell out and not lose any more of our precious servicemen and women.  We will someday learn to pick our fights more judiciously and after engaging have an exit plan.  These wars feed the machine, deplete our resources and deepen the hatred among the nationals in the occupied nations.  Enough already . . . Obama is doing the right thing by getting us out with as much decorum as possible but we gotta go.  

You are spot-on, Knothead. Even the Cold War fed the machine. That was the era I served in, and I don't think the Soviet Union was ever the absolute monster the West's propaganda machine painted them out to be. On the outside they were armed to the teeth, but on the inside, they were an empty shell that was rotten to the core. Plus, they were scared shitless of the United States the whole time. We probably could have ended the Cold War on our terms in the 1960s, just like John Kennedy wanted to, and avoided Vietnam entirely. But, that would not have helped Lockheed, Raytheon, McDonnell Douglas, and a host of other corporations and contractors who derive most of their income from the government. The MIC will ensure there is always an enemy to fight, always a war on the horizon. Their existence depends on this. Dwight Eisenhower warned us about it.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Gates......Obama made solid decisions 1526790_413727278760456_810084865_n

PaceDog, if we were to start a poll to judge who the biggest whiner is of all posters on this forum, how many votes do you think you would receive?

I will do you a favor and promise not to start such a poll........
 Shocked

It was 8 to 6 in my favor to keep my threads when Boards wanted to delete them all. Nuf said.

Do whatever you want. I'm not here to win friends.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

---------

Exactly what outcome were you expecting from Bush's wars?  And why, again, were we at war...in either country...take your time answering.

No problem answering. As you well know, former President William Jefferson Clinton and current Vice President Joe Biden addressed this issue.

"Saddam is gone and good riddance," former President Bill Clinton said yesterday, but he urged President Bush to resist trying to get even with nations that opposed the war.

"There are German and French soldiers in Afghanistan today. Does the President want them to come home?" Clinton said at a Manhattan forum on corporate integrity.

He praised Bush and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld for their handling of the war, but said Bush should have waited longer before attacking for the "chance that either [Saddam Hussein] would have disarmed or . . . we would have had far more members of the Security Council with us."

Clinton also said Bush should not be faulted if banned weapons of mass destruction aren't found.

"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,300 American fatalities. Over seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration wants to TAKE CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum