Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christie has a history of bullying and petty attacks

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In 2011, Christie accused State Senator Richard J. Codey of being "combative and difficult" in blocking two nominees. Codey responded that he had not blocked the nominations at all, but had agreed to them and held a meeting to speed them up.

Shortly thereafter, Codey, a former governor, was informed he would no longer be granted the occasional state trooper for protection that had guarded him at public events. On the same day, his cousin was fired from his job with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, as was a friend working in the state Office of Consumer Affairs.

"I understand politics, that a new administration comes in, Codey told The Times. "But this wasn’t about the usual 'he brings his own people in.' This was all about sending a message."

The same year, Christie urged Rutgers political scientist Alan Rosenthal to side with Republicans on a redistricting map, as Rosenthal was the tie-breaking vote. Rosenthal voted with the Democrats, and Christie cut $169,000 for two programs at Rutgers.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Christie-Bridgegate-foes-New-Jersey/2013/12/24/id/543733

Hmmm!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote: Codey, a former governor, was informed he would no longer be granted the occasional state trooper for protection that had guarded him at public events.

Why does a lousy state senator deserve to have a taxpayer paid for state trooper for protection at public events.  The fact that he had that perk is the scandal to me,  not taking it away from him.
If W.D. Childers had one too then that's also a scandal.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think the lard ass is guilty as sin and needs to go to jail. He knew what was going on. Now he wants his second in command to fall on his sword for him. Typical mafia style politics.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote: Typical mafia style politics.

It was not just a coincidence that the locale in question was the setting for The Sopranos story.

Earlier this year,  for the first time I spent a week in the area between Atlantic City and New York City.  Fugetaboutit. Northern Jersey is a shithole like no other.
W.C. Fields was wrong.  I would rather NOT be in Philadelphia.  And Springsteen and Snooky can have the Jersey shore.

Agreed. I went to high school there and these are some uneducated thug type people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum