Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gulf Breeze teen kills mom.

+7
QueenOfHearts
2seaoat
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 9:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ppaca wrote:When an ambulance is called here in GB, the ambulance, fire truck and a policeman normally last will show up. I know this from personal experience 4 times. If you don't think for a minute that the neighbor's at the crime scene, probably some teenager's didn't start texting what they had over heard you are dead wrong. The texting was going on like crazy yesterday morning. I have two older grand kids one that graduated last year from the hs.

Hell when she went into work Tuesday at a local fast food place all the kids there were texting and talking about the Goodman boy earlier that day. I don't believe for one minute any of the responder's told anyone at the crime scene. Things have a way of just getting out, a smart reporter would know very well who to hang around at a crime scene.

cheers 

52Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 9:38 pm

2seaoat

You keep saying the cops gave the details to Navarre press.

Where did I say that. I had a neighbor who was their editor many years ago, and he was top notch and a professional. I want to see the 911 call. I think that will shed much light on my concerns.

53Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 9:53 pm

dumpcare

http://www.pnj.com/article/20131226/NEWS01/131226002/Gulf-Breeze-reels-Christmas-Eve-tragedies?nclick_check=1

Last edited by ppaca on 12/26/2013, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

54Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 9:57 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote: You keep saying the cops gave the details to Navarre press.

Where did I say that.  I had a neighbor who was their editor many years ago, and he was top notch and a professional.  I want to see the 911 call.  I think that will shed much light on my concerns.

Post 28, 35, and 41.

55Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:16 pm

2seaoat

I looked at all three of those quotes and not one of them said that the cops gave the Navarre Press the statement. I believe the Sheriff's office was responsible for a crime scene and releasing information to the press. I believe too much information was released, and certainly prejudicial detail. I never said what you said I said. I never used the word cops. I never used the word Navarre Press, and all three locations you gave confirm that what you said was untrue. Please show me the interview where the neighbor, or a first responder gave a statement to the press, and why would I decide to say the cops gave the statement to the Navarre Press when I first heard about it in North Escambia? Please explain.

56Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:35 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I looked at all three of those quotes and not one of them said that the cops gave the Navarre Press the statement.   I believe the Sheriff's office was responsible for a crime scene and releasing information to the press.  I believe too much information was released, and certainly prejudicial detail.  I never said what you said I said.   I never used the word cops.  I never used the word Navarre Press, and all three locations you gave confirm that what you said was untrue.  Please show me the interview where the neighbor, or a first responder gave a statement to the press, and why would I decide to say the cops gave the statement to the Navarre Press when I first heard about it in North Escambia?   Please explain.

You said........"The Santa Rosa Sheriff's office dropped the ball in my opinion by expanding on the mother being stabbed to death and providing far too much specific and graphic detail of the crime scene. "

When a neighbor went in and saw the victim first.....how are the police suppose to stop them from repeating what they saw?

The call was dispatched as a medical emergency for an unconscious person. Obviously someone or possibly several people went in found Sharon and called 911....So that means someone other than the cops saw the crime scene.
did not just happen onto the scene

57Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:35 pm

bghlaw0371

Impossible for police to secure a crime scene while en route, from neighbors who report it as an assault or medical emergency.  Very unlikely that the fire department or responding deputies disclosed the detailed information to the paper.

58Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:45 pm

no stress

no stress

leaking crime scene details to the press or public is an offense that will get you terminated where I work

59Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:46 pm

bghlaw0371

Gunz wrote:leaking crime scene details to the press or public is an offense that will get you terminated where I work

Seldom if ever happens for several reasons.

60Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:47 pm

2seaoat

Impossible for police to secure a crime scene while en route, from neighbors who report it as an assault or medical emergency. Very unlikely that the fire department or responding deputies disclosed the detailed information to the paper.

Have you heard the 911 tapes? I think they will be helpful. Also, which paper broke the details of this tragedy? It seems strange that all the newspapers have the same detail. Journalist like to qualify a story they are running from another paper. "as reported in the Navarre Press the mother was found.......or it has been reported by Wear TV that the mother......

Instead it appears that all newspapers had the same grisly detail without qualifiers. Why is that? I hope I am wrong on this, but the current facts reinforce my worse fears.

61Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:51 pm

bghlaw0371

2seaoat wrote:Impossible for police to secure a crime scene while en route, from neighbors who report it as an assault or medical emergency.  Very unlikely that the fire department or responding deputies disclosed the detailed information to the paper.

Have you heard the 911 tapes?  I think they will be helpful.  Also, which paper broke the details of this tragedy?   It seems strange that all the newspapers have the same detail.   Journalist like to qualify a story they are running from another paper.   "as reported in the Navarre Press the mother was found.......or it has been reported by Wear TV that the mother......

Instead it appears that all newspapers had the same grisly detail without qualifiers.   Why is that?  I hope I am wrong on this, but the current facts reinforce my worse fears.

I have not heard the 911 tapes. It doesn't matter what is on the 911 tapes if a neighbor or two or five walked into the crime scene prior to or after making the call, and then provided any information asked for by someone from a newspaper.

62Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:55 pm

2seaoat

leaking crime scene details to the press or public is an offense that will get you terminated where I work

Complete agreement. It is almost etched in stone, and all FBI training mandates the same as I posted their protocols. I am deeply disturbed how this grisly detail was released. The speed of replication by all the newspapers I have read indicate a central source. If it was neighbors, why have none of the article provided the detail of the neighbors descriptions and how they came to see the same. Again, this looks like a centrally released news. It went too far if the Sheriff's office was responsible for this release.

63Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 10:55 pm

no stress

no stress

bghlaw0371 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Impossible for police to secure a crime scene while en route, from neighbors who report it as an assault or medical emergency.  Very unlikely that the fire department or responding deputies disclosed the detailed information to the paper.

Have you heard the 911 tapes?  I think they will be helpful.  Also, which paper broke the details of this tragedy?   It seems strange that all the newspapers have the same detail.   Journalist like to qualify a story they are running from another paper.   "as reported in the Navarre Press the mother was found.......or it has been reported by Wear TV that the mother......

Instead it appears that all newspapers had the same grisly detail without qualifiers.   Why is that?  I hope I am wrong on this, but the current facts reinforce my worse fears.

I have not heard the 911 tapes.  It doesn't matter what is on the 911 tapes if a neighbor or two or five walked into the crime scene prior to or after making the call, and then provided any information asked for by someone from a newspaper.
Which is very likely the case here.

64Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:00 pm

2seaoat

It doesn't matter what is on the 911 tapes if a neighbor or two or five walked into the crime scene prior to or after making the call, and then provided any information asked for by someone from a newspaper.

Perhaps, but if the call identified the source of the injury to the deceased, this crime scene should have been swept by law enforcement, and the 911 call would give some guidance. Second, if what you suggest is that all sorts of neighbors were viewing this body and this horrific crime, why have none of the newspaper articles referenced the neighbor specifically, or identified their source as a generic neighbor who saw the following:...........Sorry some things do not make sense, and it really did not sit well with me having that kind of detail in the paper for kids to read who were classmates of the sister who survived. It was completely and totally unnecessary. It may sell newspapers, but who gave these papers the grisly detail?

65Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:06 pm

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote: It doesn't matter what is on the 911 tapes if a neighbor or two or five walked into the crime scene prior to or after making the call, and then provided any information asked for by someone from a newspaper.

Perhaps, but if the call identified the source of the injury to the deceased, this crime scene should have been swept by law enforcement, and the 911 call would give some guidance.  Second, if what you suggest is that all sorts of neighbors were viewing this body and this horrific crime, why have none of the newspaper articles referenced the neighbor specifically, or identified their source as a generic neighbor who saw the following:...........Sorry some things do not make sense, and it really did not sit well with me having that kind of detail in the paper for kids to read who were classmates of the sister who survived.  It was completely and totally unnecessary.   It may sell newspapers, but who gave these papers the grisly detail?
It could have been piss poor work on the call takers part. They are supposed to get pertinent info about the call before they hand it off to the dispatcher. medical calls are classified as to severity alpha to delta as some dont require a lights and siren response . The danger level at the scene should have been ascertained so that the crew would know whether to hold back for PD.

66Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote: It doesn't matter what is on the 911 tapes if a neighbor or two or five walked into the crime scene prior to or after making the call, and then provided any information asked for by someone from a newspaper.

Perhaps, but if the call identified the source of the injury to the deceased, this crime scene should have been swept by law enforcement, and the 911 call would give some guidance.  Second, if what you suggest is that all sorts of neighbors were viewing this body and this horrific crime, why have none of the newspaper articles referenced the neighbor specifically, or identified their source as a generic neighbor who saw the following:...........Sorry some things do not make sense, and it really did not sit well with me having that kind of detail in the paper for kids to read who were classmates of the sister who survived.  It was completely and totally unnecessary.   It may sell newspapers, but who gave these papers the grisly detail?

On this we agree.....the sister's classmates are too young to find the information, however, Sharon's students (2 that I know) found the information on google and were horrified.

67Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:12 pm

no stress

no stress

Just a little story to let you see how the dispatchers will fuck up from time to time. About a month ago we get a call for an elderly lady having difficulty breathing (that's it) I get on scene with my guys and as always yell fire dept at the front door before going in. I walk in and a 84 year old woman is pointing a revolver at me. The dispatcher had failed to tell me that the reason that she was having difficulty breathing was she had mistakenly thought that someone was breaking in and had got all riled up. No harm no foul. I gently explained who we were and she put the gun down.

68Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:16 pm

bghlaw0371

I'm sure the caller was asked to provide as much information as possible. I'm sure that the information that was provided was gained from the crime scene, long before the EMS or deputy arrived.

I would agree that newspapers should not print that type of information. Complete lack of decorum, where none is expected.

69Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:22 pm

2seaoat

No harm no foul. I gently explained who we were and she put the gun down.

Yes you could have been shot.....or she may have had a damn good reason for the gun and you guys get caught in the crossfire. My office mate got called to a gangbanger shooting where automatic weapons were used. They roll and are about to get out and go into the house when the chief gets on the radio and tells them to stand down.....the police arrive......and they too are told to proceed with caution and more back up......they get to the victim and he was literally in pieces from automatic weapons through the sliding glass window......you guys have enough risk without knowing the full nature of the call. I am really bothered by how this went down......probably just sad that on christmas this kind of family discord can end so tragically, and really should focus on praying for the surviving sister.......but something does not sit well with me on this reported incident.

70Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:25 pm

no stress

no stress

I see your confusion and regret that I cant provide anymore insight. I guess that until we are replaced with robots mistakes will always occur. Ive learned to expect it and live with it.

71Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:26 pm

bghlaw0371

Gunz wrote:I see your confusion and regret that I cant provide anymore insight.   I guess that until we are replaced with robots mistakes will always occur.   Ive learned to expect it and live with it.

Damn humans.

72Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:28 pm

no stress

no stress

bghlaw0371 wrote:
Gunz wrote:I see your confusion and regret that I cant provide anymore insight.   I guess that until we are replaced with robots mistakes will always occur.   Ive learned to expect it and live with it.

Damn humans.
 lol! 

73Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:35 pm

2seaoat

Damn humans.

Yep, but trained professionals go a long way in making things work. My puppy is trained, but her sister who lives with my daughter who we have this week as they are spending Christmas with SIL family is making mistakes all over the house.......we are working on the training..........Training matters. If training could have prevented this horrible detail from being released it would have been better, instead folks are going to be hurt with that detail.

74Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Damn humans.

Yep, but trained professionals go a long way in making things work.  My puppy is trained, but her sister who lives with my daughter who we have this week as they are spending Christmas with SIL family is making mistakes all over the house.......we are working on the training..........Training matters.  If training could have prevented this horrible detail from being released it would have been better, instead folks are going to be hurt with that detail.

We have to train the neighbors?
I can guarantee you the newspaper will get numerous calls about the gruesome details being made public. Parents are furious.

75Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. - Page 3 Empty Re: Gulf Breeze teen kills mom. 12/26/2013, 11:41 pm

no stress

no stress

2seaoat wrote:Damn humans.

Yep, but trained professionals go a long way in making things work.  My puppy is trained, but her sister who lives with my daughter who we have this week as they are spending Christmas with SIL family is making mistakes all over the house.......we are working on the training..........Training matters.  If training could have prevented this horrible detail from being released it would have been better, instead folks are going to be hurt with that detail.
If it turns out that a responder leaked the info I would bet a 20 that it was a young inexperienced person. Most of us older guys don't even want to look at that shit anymore and damn sure could care less about tweeting,FBing or otherwise putting it out there. I don't care if I never see another drop of blood or a dent in a car for the next 28 months that I have to do this shit. sick to death of seeing death!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum