Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dog story

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dog story Empty Dog story 12/25/2013, 2:29 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/25/2013, 10:02 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Perfect wake up for Christmas. Thank you, Teo.

3Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/25/2013, 10:05 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Amazing what just a little love can make happen in this old world... Smile 

4Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/25/2013, 10:14 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

YUP. Amazing.

5Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/25/2013, 1:04 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Great video! thanks Teo ... it brought tears to my eyes!

6Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/26/2013, 11:56 am

I hope somebody adopts that dog. So sad when animals are abandoned.

7Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/26/2013, 12:03 pm

2seaoat

Taking care of a dog or a child requires some sacrifice and hard work at times. The rewards are unlimited, but the reality is that some people do neither well and as a society we pay the price for those who constantly take the path of least resistance. The two pups we just got were adopted from an animal welfare group who go around the country saving litters from kill pounds. They have an extensive application which was four pages long, and they required a meeting with an agent of the organization to qualify the family. They wanted to know about your past history with pets. They spay and neuter. Get the first set of shots. Deworm and deliver healthy pups at 10 weeks who have been nurtured by volunteer families who are saving these puppy liters. The puppy mills of the past are less, and people are connecting to these great organizations which are saving pups. Spending $350 with this organization guarantees that more pups will be saved, but in the end some people should not have children or pets.

8Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/26/2013, 12:09 pm

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

I don't understand why a pet is ever abandoned. They can be dropped off at a shelter or surrendered to a rescue group, and no consequences to the owner. My family works with rescue groups. We have fostered many dogs until they are adoptable. It is sickening to see what some people do to their animals.  Sad 

9Dog story Empty Re: Dog story 12/26/2013, 3:24 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:Taking care of a dog or a child requires some sacrifice and hard work at times.  The rewards are unlimited, but the reality is that some people do neither well and as a society we pay the price for those who constantly take the path of least resistance.  The two pups we just got were adopted from an animal welfare group who go around the country saving litters from kill pounds.   They have an extensive application which was four pages long, and they required a meeting with an agent of the organization to qualify the family.   They wanted to know about your past history with pets.   They spay and neuter.  Get the first set of shots.  Deworm and deliver healthy pups at 10 weeks who have been nurtured by volunteer families who are saving these puppy liters.   The puppy mills of the past are less, and people are connecting to these great organizations which are saving pups.  Spending $350 with this organization guarantees that more pups will be saved, but in the end some people should not have children or pets.

Hallelujah! We finally agree on something!

Pups can't qualify for welfare which is why my charity contributions go strictly to animals. Smile

I'm also on a Mastiff rescue list despite my daughters telling me I've gotten too old to handle these little girls.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum