Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

USA Today...Leftist Publication posted: Obama is a loser at 2013's end: Column Sadly, even they say 2014 will be worse.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

USA Today...Leftist Publication posted

Obama is a loser at 2013's end: Column

Glenn Harlan Reynolds 10:30 a.m. EST December 23, 2013

2014 will be even worse for our president.

A lot of people are saying that 2013 was President Obama's worst year. Roll Call headlined, "Subdued Obama Hopes For Better 2014." The Hill reported, "Obama names health care rollout his biggest mistake of dismal year." Most people seem to think it was. But I think it was average, in the manner of the old Soviet joke:

Ivan: So how was your day?

Boris: Average.

Ivan: What do you mean, average?

Boris: Worse than yesterday, better than tomorrow. So, average.

Unless something turns around, Obama's 2013 is likely to be similarly "average": Worse than 2012, but better than 2014.

It's true that Obamacare has been a debacle, wrapped in a catastrophe, shrouded in a disaster. But it's also become clear that it was founded upon a lie: Obama's "if you like your health insurance plan, you can keep it" statement was named by PolitiFact its lie of the year for 2013. Many

Americans have already learned that their individual plans are being cancelled because they don't live up to Obamacare, causing enough chaos that the Obama administration has had to give certain people a last-minute "waiver" of the mandate that they buy insurance. But many more problems have just been kicked down the road -- into 2014 -- by Obama's unilateral decision.

Ironically, the White House and Democrats were, just a couple of months ago, calling Republicans who wanted to delay the mandate anarchists and terrorists, and loudly proclaiming that Obamacare was "the law of the land."
Regardless, the mandate delay doesn't solve problems, it just kicks the can down the road. And, as Bloomberg's Megan McArdle notes, the White House seems to be reacting to short-term political problems, rather than shoring up the system in ways that will make it work better:

However incoherent these fixes may seem, they send two messages, loud and clear. The first is that although liberal pundits may think that the law is a done deal, impossible to repeal, the administration does not believe that. ... This is at best, damage control. Which suggests that the administration is expecting a fair amount of damage.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/12/22/obama-new-years-holidays-christmas-health-care-column/4165047/

AP has listed its top story for 2013 as the "glitch-plagued" rollout of Affordable Care Act.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ap-poll-obama-healthcare-site-glitch-tops-2013s-biggest-stories/

And the debacle of Obanacare will ruin the middle class forcing them into plans most cannot afford with deductibles so high that most will go uncovered and pay the fine. It won't be a choice except a choice between paying rent, the car payment, eating, or paying for overpriced insurance that covers items people would not buy coverage for to begin with.

School board insurance is quite poor. Most teachers are having to pay out of pockets upwards of 20k before insurance kicks in one dollar. That includes deductibles and premiums. Obamacare will offer no relief.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Obama's unilateral decision

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

2seaoat

We need a little cheese with this collective whine. The truth is simple and universal. The American people want health care coverage. The path to medicare for all is clear. The Affordable Care Act is simply Act one of a four act play. The second Act will be the penalty phase which will last three years, the third act is the 2016 presidential election where the public option and medicare for all will be debated, and act four will be legislation introduced and passed. My guess is that we are four to six years from the plays conclusion. Again, the whine right before the 2008 and 2012 elections was special.......thank you for the entertainment.....I love this place.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:We need a little cheese with this collective whine.  The truth is simple and universal.   The American people want health care coverage.   The path to medicare for all is clear.   The Affordable Care Act is simply Act one of a four act play.   The second Act will be the penalty phase which will last three years, the third act is the 2016 presidential election where the public option and medicare for all will be debated, and act four will be legislation introduced and passed.  My guess is that we are four to six years from the plays conclusion.   Again, the whine right before the 2008 and 2012 elections was special.......thank you for the entertainment.....I love this place.

Truth and facts really do get in your way don't they?

USA Today...Leftist Publication posted:  Obama is a loser at 2013's end: Column  Sadly, even they say 2014 will be worse. ObamaCarePoll

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/12/23/cnn.orc.poll.health.care.pdf

2seaoat

The massive special interest attempts to create propaganda against the affordable care act is doomed to fail. The short term advantage in connection to the incompetent roll out of the web site have helped to keep the illusion in play, but in the end the reality of millions of Americans finding affordable health care independent of their preexisting conditions will simply make this all in effort by the propagandist even sweeter victory for those who want to see Americans covered.

If you think those polls are indicative of the American people, then November 2014 shall bode well for those who oppose the Affordable Care Act......I feel pretty secure on how that is going to work out. The Republicans who had the Senate in their back pocket will lose the same, and the house will lose about twenty seats to the Democrats with the 2016 election being a slaughter for the house and senate.......keep whistling in the dark.....the facts and demographics be damned.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:The massive special interest attempts to create propaganda against the affordable care act is doomed to fail.   The short term advantage in connection to the incompetent roll out of the web site have helped to keep the illusion in play, but in the end the reality of millions of Americans finding affordable health care independent of their preexisting conditions will simply make this all in effort by the propagandist even sweeter victory for those who want to see Americans covered.

If you think those polls are indicative of the American people, then November 2014 shall bode well for those who oppose the Affordable Care Act......I feel pretty secure on how that is going to work out.   The Republicans who had the Senate in their back pocket will lose the same, and the house will lose about twenty seats to the Democrats with the 2016 election being a slaughter for the house and senate.......keep whistling in the dark.....the facts and demographics be damned.

Like I have said many times about my good friend 2seaoat.
USA Today...Leftist Publication posted:  Obama is a loser at 2013's end: Column  Sadly, even they say 2014 will be worse. Dog-laughing

2seaoat

I am here to allow you to post a dog giggling.......it is fun, and it is the white flag when you are unable to answer my posts......facts and demographics.......tick tock.......tick tock.......November 2014 cannot get here soon enough......there will be a pack of pups laughing..........Democrats will hold the Senate, and will gain 20 seats in the house........hee haw....hee haw.

What are the national data and demographics? How many have enrolled by payment? Into what plans? What subsidy/income/age? How many into the medicaid expansion? We may as well get figures on disability too. How many that lost their insurance have purchased private ins? How many have chosen the miraculous catastrophic coverage our dear leader created from thin air?

Finally... how many were displaced from their insurance that they were promised they could keep prior to the last election?

Now... once we all have that... then we might know whether it's utopia as you say... or we're heading towards a cliff.

I can think of no reason why we should not have transparency here. Can you?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Exactly which "leftist publication" were you citing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum