Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ Empty Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ 12/12/2013, 6:12 pm

The Cty has announced that it has rescinded the letter that gave the Fish House, et al, an ultimatum: pay us $5M or we shut you down.  

http://www.pnj.com/article/20131212/OPINION/312120001/Editorial-Pensacola-retreats

The question remains - why did the City bring this up in the first place? Could it be that the City (or certain people in government) wanted to besmirch the Fish House's image?  Didnt the City-owned Airport recently open the concessions for bid?  And wasnt there a public push for using locals, such as the Fish House, Bagelheads, Pensacola Bay Brewery?  

I believe some of the City fathers would rather have national brands come in to the airport - such as Chik-fil-A.  And, BTW, the vote on the concessions has been taken off the table for the last few City Council meetings.

2Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ Empty Clear 12/14/2013, 1:20 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

I think it was a vendetta by the mayor.

As for capping leases at 10 years that is ridiculous, there are 2 ways to approach a lease like this. The tenant does the build out or the landlord does the build out. It has to be possible to regain the investment and make a sound profit in ten years if you plan to renegotiate them.

Otherwise a ten year with guaranteed renewals with an increase in lease payments based on the CPI index is more normal.

The city would have lost in court if it even made it to court.

3Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ Empty Re: Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ 12/14/2013, 2:37 pm

2seaoat

I do not get it.  I have personally seen the two having lunch on the outside deck just a year ago.........something does not add up, but if they are playing chess, and there is collusion.....maybe it does make sense.

4Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ Empty Re: Merrill Kicks City Hall's A$$ 12/14/2013, 4:51 pm

2seaoat wrote:I do not get it.  I have personally seen the two having lunch on the outside deck just a year ago.........something does not add up, but if they are playing chess, and there is collusion.....maybe it does make sense.

The mayor also used to frequent Jackson's, but hasn't been seen there in a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum