Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Halls hardware store

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Halls hardware store Empty Halls hardware store 11/14/2015, 8:06 pm

2seaoat

I love that place. It reminds me of my hometown hardware store, and general store. My wife needed colored pencils.....they had it. We needed copies made....they made copies......we needed stakes......they had stakes.....we needed a hundred pounds of grass seed......they had a wide selection.....they have everything, and the employees are knowledgeable and friendly. I must say I live in big box hardware stores, but Halls is the best.

2Halls hardware store Empty Re: Halls hardware store 11/14/2015, 10:13 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Don't miss going to Reynolds.  Or to Barnes feedstore and hardware down the road. 
Next time you come here they may be gone.
And fuck all those outlying suburbs you keep going to, come into the city and go to Pensacola Hardware.  It's one of the last holdouts to the "progress" of those chain stores.

3Halls hardware store Empty Re: Halls hardware store 11/14/2015, 10:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ace in Gulf Breeze is a nice hardware dyore. They will replace your screens.

4Halls hardware store Empty Re: Halls hardware store 11/15/2015, 2:35 pm

Waaaaaaaay back in the day, late 1940s, my dad worked at a grocery store in Brownsville (Pensacola) called Hall's. He also worked at a hardware store there called Poston's. Brownsville was a happening place. What happened?

5Halls hardware store Empty Re: Halls hardware store 11/15/2015, 7:07 pm

Hallmarkgard

Postons  was big time.  LOL     2 entrances, one on Cervantes and the other on "T" st   Closed Wednesday after noon because they were open to 12 on Saturday. Killed all the shops when they widened the road. No place to park..

6Halls hardware store Empty Re: Halls hardware store 11/15/2015, 10:34 pm

Hallmarkgard wrote:Postons  was big time.  LOL     2 entrances, one on Cervantes and the other on "T" st   Closed Wednesday after noon because they were open to 12 on Saturday.  Killed all the shops when they widened  the road.  No place to park..

My mom said it was the best place to live.

7Halls hardware store Empty Re: Halls hardware store 11/15/2015, 10:49 pm

Hallmarkgard

Pensacola was a very good place to live.  I spent a lot of time in Brownsville  Sky Chief Movie theater, Browns newsstand(pin ball machines)  Brownsville Poolroom Etc....Halls hardware store 2w2kabm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum