Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn it!!! If this doesnt bother you then you must be in complete denial.

+2
cool1
Nekochan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

What started out as an apparent joke over Twitter ended in a criminal investigation and the possibility of expulsion for a student at Washington High School.

Investigators were at Booker T. Washington High School last month after a student reportedly tweeted a friend that she “would pay someone to blow up this school,” according to a Pensacola Police incident report.

“Sure. Where? When?” the friend tweeted in reply.

The Twitter exchange between the Washington student and a Pensacola State College student took place just before 11 a.m. Oct. 29, according to the report. The communication was intercepted by an outside agency. The actual agency that spotted the perceived threat and reported it to the school was unclear, local officials said.

“It was because of the words that were utilized that they informed the school,” Pensacola Police Captain David Alexander said.

Proof positive that we are all screwed.. Damn it!!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's disturbing, to say the least. Of course, real bomb threats have to be taken seriously, but what we have now is every mention of the word "bomb", in a private joke, amounting to an actual bomb threat.   And Big Brother hears it all. 

Young people, everyone really, but especially young people because they are so comfortable with tweeting and twitching and however else the young folks communicate....HAVE to be made aware that everything they say or post or tweet or do will likely be recorded, videotaped, and listened in on.   I feel bad for the kids today in that there really is no such thing as privacy.  Some dumbass, stupid thing that they do or say at age 17 can haunt them forever. It isn't fair.  Kids have to be given a little room to be kids.

Last edited by Nekochan on 11/14/2013, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Who hasn't joked, as a kid, about burning the school down...or some such thing?   We knew back then that we were joking.   Today, Big Brother listens in, which is a huge problem in the first place.  Americans aren't supposed to be listened in on, are they?  And then Big Brother decides that the kid really means the threat.

I post crazy stuff all the time but this is real time targeted word intercept.  I know how the system works.  This is some very very scary stuff.  

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:I post crazy stuff all the time but is real time code word intercept.  I know how the system works.  This is some very very scary stuff.  
If you tweet, if you email, if you talk to someone on the phone...be careful what you say!   It's not private!  Pretty soon...if you just think about something...Big Brother will know!

cool1

cool1

I don't think people should be joking about it --Milton High school people were joking around in class so we thought! I was in that class .
Then the next morning we showed up to school they had done just that the same building they were talking about was burnt down.

Maybe if someone took it serious enough it wouldn't have happened scratch  Then again no one was caught because to many people were joking about it ! I and others thought it had to be someone in the class who did it around id say 20 of us joking around , Me I was just listening --we knew someone did it but they never found out who did it and when we asked others in the same class everyone just smiled --never did find out who did it !

we were kinda mad at who ever did it because then our class got shifted to boys large gym locker room pale

A threat spoken by a identifiable person and heard by others in a physical place is light years away from a thought sent by a nano pulse of energy..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:A  threat spoken by a identifiable person and heard by others in a physical place is light years away from a thought sent by a nano pulse of energy..
I agree.  I think it was just a couple of kids goofing off, they weren't serious. I don't think the tone of the tweet was serious.  Now if there had been a message to a friend such as--Don't go to school today, I'm setting the bomb off..or Those jerks are going to get what's coming to them when I blow up the school....then that is more serious sounding stuff.

I also agree with Cool that you just can't joke about this kind of thing.  Kids need to be told not to joke around like that.  Big Brother is listening.

2seaoat

Interesting. A school full of kids getting blown up and information about the same becomes available to law enforcement and people are outraged at law enforcement, yet when out of thin air government creates a fantasy and entraps a citizen, it is the citizen who is wrong. I am beginning to understand.

2seaoat wrote:Interesting.  A school full of kids getting blown up and information about the same becomes available to law enforcement and people are outraged at law enforcement, yet when out of thin air government creates a fantasy and entraps a citizen, it is the citizen who is wrong.   I am beginning to understand.
You dont understand shit.  The citizens were busted for a fantasy.  There was no viable threat. "perceived threat " from a twitter msg?

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Interesting.  A school full of kids getting blown up and information about the same becomes available to law enforcement and people are outraged at law enforcement, yet when out of thin air government creates a fantasy and entraps a citizen, it is the citizen who is wrong.   I am beginning to understand.
Well, let's see....a joke between a couple of kids intercepted by Big Brother vs a guy who actively logged into a site for casual sex hookups and who arranged to meet and have sex with a 19 year old and her "underage girl" sister.  "Underage" is Stang's exact word from the transcript.  

The "citizen" you're talking about arranged to have sex with a kid.  Was him arranging the meeting with the "underage" girl and driving over to the house to have sex with her just a fantasy?

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

If the kids showed up at the school at the pre-arranged date and time with the means necessary to carry out what was pre-arranged, there wouldn't be any outrage.

Nekochan

Nekochan

QueenOfHearts wrote:
If the kids showed up at the school at the pre-arranged date and time with the means necessary to carry out what was pre-arranged, there wouldn't be any outrage.
cheers

No one has even questioned the basic statement.  Who in the hell is listening?.   Why? What else do they copy? Legal?  

The communication was intercepted by an outside agency. The actual agency that spotted the perceived threat and reported it to the school was unclear

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:No one has even questioned the basic statement.  Who in the hell is listening?.   Why?  What else do they copy?  Legal?   

The communication was intercepted by an outside agency. The actual agency that spotted the perceived threat and reported it to the school was unclear
Must be a misprint.  The government doesn't listen to the communications of American citizens.Suspect

dumpcare

While it bother's me that someone is watching every key stroke I make and probably recording every phone call I make, NO it does not bother me what they did to these kids, considering all the school violence that occurs today.

Let me rant a sec. This is not how it is done. Something is fishy. You never disclose that you are copying people or incepting their stuff. Of course you are but they is all ways a cover story. IE, someone saw the persons phone, some one else was in on the chat and pimped them out, etc. Alot of bad shit has went down because agencies could or did not want to reveal their sources. I wager a cover story is in the works but no one will even notice so all is good.... .

ppaca wrote:While it bother's me that someone is watching every key stroke I make and probably recording every phone call I make, NO it does not bother me what they did to these kids, considering all the school violence that occurs today.
Then the end justifies the means so it really doesn't bother you. No Problem. It is your call....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This anti-government rant has been reported. Demerits have been issued in your digital life account (DLA). Reminder: 5 demerits equals termination.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum