Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poor people get all the breaks.

+5
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
no stress
Captn Kaoz
gulfbeachbandit
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://money.msn.com/personal-finance/article.aspx?post=af23341f-50a1-4bd3-9cd1-412865aac16f

They have HDTV's? What the heck?

1. They don't pay taxes.
2. They get free food(food stamps)
3. Some get section 8 housing(free rent)
4. Welfare checks(Hundreds of dollars just handed to them for nothing)
5. Some are entitled to free internet and free cell phones.
6. Unemployment for ever and a day.
7. And now they have more TV's than I do.

That's it.
I'm renouncing my wealth and going to be poor since they seem to have it better than I do.
Not to mention all the free time they have by not having to get a job and earn money.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

8. Free lawyers when they break the law.
9. Free healthcare

I couldnt stand not working.

Not forever anyway.

no stress

no stress

I have a friend that lives in the mayfair subdivision because he cant afford to rent in a higher rent area and he refuses to accept any government help. He is poor...dirt poor and yet he works for a living. Life is a struggle for him just as it is for all of us. He recently got a better job as a submersible robot tech on an exploration boat in the Gulf so life is going to be better for him from this time on. My point is that being poor is not glamorous, it aint cute and it aint fun, no matter how much free shit you can scam from the government.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

That's because you have worked and you have been productive....you are automatically so far ahead of many that have not done either nor do they intend to.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Gunz wrote:My point is that being poor is not glamorous, it aint cute and it aint fun, no matter how much free shit you can scam from the government.

Yup.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I used to get free room and board, food, and money from the government. It was nice. Very nice. Everyone called me Chief. Even paid for my clothing. Free medical and dental. They even paid for my bullets when I went shooting. I miss those days.

"I can imagine a no more rewarding career, and any man

who may be asked in this century what he did to make his

life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of

pride and satisfaction:

'I served in the United States Navy'

President John F. Kennedy

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I tend to agree with Ghandi. Poor and colored people are just plain no good.
All of them are lazy bums who don't want to work. We'd be better off without any of them.
And the fact that Jesus was big on poor people makes him no better than they are in my book.

Buttman wrote:I tend to agree with Ghandi. Poor and colored people are just plain no good.
All of them are lazy bums who don't want to work. We'd be better off without any of them.
And the fact that Jesus was big on poor people makes him no better than they are in my book.

But Jesus was against lazyness. And since the Gov promotes it, that makes the Gov satan.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

*Secret_Angel* wrote:

But Jesus was against lazyness. And since the Gov promotes it, that makes the Gov satan.

I don't know what I was thinking. Since all poor are lazy then Jesus didn't like them either. I stand corrected.
Those preachers need to stop spreading that lie about Jesus loving poor people. That is downright blasphemous.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree Gunz. I don't think most people living on welfare are particularly happy.
Perhaps if they worked a little for their benefits they would be a little happier and more fulfilled.

Buttman wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:

I don't know what I was thinking. Since all poor are lazy then Jesus didn't like them either. I stand corrected.
Those preachers need to stop spreading that lie about Jesus loving poor people. That is downright blasphemous.

Jesus loves poor people, just not lazyness. Not all poor people are lazy.

The Gov does make it easy to be lazy, so they are promoting satan.

idle hands are the devils best freind or something like that

ghandi wrote:I used to get free room and board, food, and money from the government. It was nice. Very nice. Everyone called me Chief. Even paid for my clothing. Free medical and dental. They even paid for my bullets when I went shooting. I miss those days.

pride and satisfaction:

it wasn't FREE. the tax payers were picking up the tab for your Navy career, remember...? i'm curious. was the Navy aware you were a raging racist bigot and if so, how did you fake all of those proficiency reports you had to write for black sailors who had you as a reporting officer....? you must have been quite conflicted having to lie on those official documents.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It was free to him, without cash payment, as part of his benefit package...paid for by his service to our country.

Joanimaroni wrote:It was free to him, without cash payment, as part of his benefit package...paid for by his service to our country.

Isn't it sad how some narrow minded think the way they do? The retirement was part of a contract, same as a union contract for example.

Joanimaroni wrote:It was free to him, without cash payment, as part of his benefit package...paid for by his service to our country.

[b]thanx maroni. are you gonna be ghandi's official spokesperson now...? that's awfully sweet of you to step up and protect his tender sensibilities.

and that really was not the point anyway.

if a black veteran served multiple tours in the middle east wars and returned with PTSD and unable to hold a steady job, wound up on the streets, and eventually on public assistance, ghandi would be on him like a chicken on a june bug.

would not that vet's service to this Great Country be enough for his "free" care, etc....?

ghandi has a pretty selective list of what is "free" and what is "entitled" and loves to denigrate others for accepting assistance. why you chose to interject yourself into this and defend him is your bid'nes, but it sure does make a soul go, whaaaat...?

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Actually, I'm not a racist. My wife is not white, the best man at my wedding and my best friend is black. All of the posts that you say are racist from me were in jest.

Some people have no sense of humor.

thread_bear wrote:
ghandi wrote:I used to get free room and board, food, and money from the government. It was nice. Very nice. Everyone called me Chief. Even paid for my clothing. Free medical and dental. They even paid for my bullets when I went shooting. I miss those days.

pride and satisfaction:

it wasn't FREE. the tax payers were picking up the tab for your Navy career, remember...? i'm curious. was the Navy aware you were a raging racist bigot and if so, how did you fake all of those proficiency reports you had to write for black sailors who had you as a reporting officer....? you must have been quite conflicted having to lie on those official documents.

nochain wrote:

Isn't it sad how some narrow minded think the way they do? The retirement was part of a contract, same as a union contract for example.

i'm a veteran...are you...?

for you to call me narrow minded is specious at best. the DOD has a long and storied past of breaking their contract with veterans when they think they can get away with it. that contract you mentioned is neither sacrosanct nor unbreakable. they screwed me over on the GI Bill, and my Guaranteed Enlistment AFSC. you folk who worship at the feet of military recruiters and believe they would never lie are as naive as an Amish girl on her first date w/out a chaperone.

ghandi wrote:Actually, I'm not a racist. My wife is not white, the best man at my wedding and my best friend is black. All of the posts that you say are racist from me were in jest.

Some people have no sense of humor.

thread_bear wrote:

pride and satisfaction:

uh huh.....in other words, you're just a funny misunderstood guy who happens to target people of color for the majority of your vitriolic racist punchlines.

help me out here dude. i have spent several years trying to rehab my image over one post i made to azadeh over 3 years ago.

you spend day after day posting racist bigoted BS because you think it's funny, and now i'm supposed to dismiss it as being in jest....?

i'll believe you when the faucet stops leaking.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

The military does not back out of their commitments to vets. If you didn't get your GI bill, I'm sure there was a reason. Dishonorable discharge is one reason and there are others. Not negoatiating the red tape properly is another. Did they give you a reason? Just saying "NO you can't have it" is not what they do.

And there are people who do nothing but help vets get the benifits that they deserve.

There must be a documented reason for refusal of benifits.

thread_bear wrote:
nochain wrote:

i'm a veteran...are you...?

for you to call me narrow minded is specious at best. the DOD has a long and storied past of breaking their contract with veterans when they think they can get away with it. that contract you mentioned is neither sacrosanct nor unbreakable. they screwed me over on the GI Bill, and my Guaranteed Enlistment AFSC. you folk who worship at the feet of military recruiters and believe they would never lie are as naive as an Amish girl on her first date w/out a chaperone.

[quote="ghandi"]The military does not back out of their commitments to vets. If you didn't get your GI bill, I'm sure there was a reason. Dishonorable discharge is one reason and there are others. Not negoatiating the red tape properly is another. Did they give you a reason? Just saying "NO you can't have it" is not what they do.

And there are people who do nothing but help vets get the benifits that they deserve.

There must be a documented reason for refusal of benifits.

yep there was a LOT of red tape involved and i refuse to trash the USAF over my situation. and i damned sure ain't gonna discuss the finite details on this public forum. i received an Honorable Discharge, so don't even try that BS either. i was an outstanding troop, and a member of the USAFA Rifle and Pistol Team and competed in the World Wide Matches 3 years.

had they agreed to cross train me, i would have been a career Airman but that just wasn't in the cards. i loved the time i served so don't spin it as me being disgruntled. it's more complicated than that and had to do with the shift from the VN era USAF to a peace time USAF and how so many of us were caught up in draw-downs in personnel requirements and the shift in job descriptions.

i do NOT begrudge you one thin dime in your bennies. you put in your time and you should get every thing they promised you.

i just wish you would stop the racist BS, even if it's in jest.

Those racist posts of Ghandi were not in jest and I don't believe for a minute he has a black best friend. Anyone who has black friends would not depreciate their color... even in jest. Let me guess Ghandi is married to a Filipino woman.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

thread_bear wrote:

thanx maroni. are you gonna be ghandi's official spokesperson now...? that's awfully sweet of you to step up and protect his tender sensibilities.

[b]if a black veteran served multiple tours in the middle east wars and returned with PTSD and unable to hold a steady job, wound up on the streets, and eventually on public assistance, ghandi would be on him like a chicken on a june bug.

would not that vet's service to this Great Country be enough for his "free" care, etc....?

ghandi has a pretty selective list of what is "free" and what is "entitled" and loves to denigrate others for accepting assistance. why you chose to interject yourself into this and defend him is your bid'nes, but it sure does make a soul go, whaaaat...?

And your black commit was not the point either...you go way the hell over-board on the racist-bigot crap. Give it a rest. Unless of course you know for damn sure someone is a racist-bigot other than what may or may not have been posted. Cause in all honesty you don't have a clue about an anonymous poster....all guess work in your little pea brain.

Dreamsglore wrote:Those racist posts of Ghandi were not in jest and I don't believe for a minute he has a black best friend. Anyone who has black friends would not depreciate their color... even in jest. Let me guess Ghandi is married to a Filipino woman.

his cred is somewhat lacking.

i fully understand that the boo birds will come after me now. so be it.

i'm really not looking for a silly fight with ghandi. i'd love to meet him for lunch. his pathology is interesting even though it bothers me somewhat. and i'm not worried by his aggression....he has known my address, and all of my personal info for a long time now. what's he gonna shoot me...? that's absurd....and i highly doubt he can beat on me with any positive results.

being married to a person of color and having a black friend doesn't mean someone is not a bigot. that's a non-sequitur.

his flame-out on this forum has been biblical in it's proportion. why anyone would step up to defend him is plumb curiousome.

25Poor people get all the breaks. Empty pick, pick, pick... 8/3/2012, 7:25 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
thread_bear wrote:

thanx maroni. are you gonna be ghandi's official spokesperson now...? that's awfully sweet of you to step up and protect his tender sensibilities.

[b]if a black veteran served multiple tours in the middle east wars and returned with PTSD and unable to hold a steady job, wound up on the streets, and eventually on public assistance, ghandi would be on him like a chicken on a june bug.

And your black commit was not the point either...you go way the hell over-board on the racist-bigot crap. Give it a rest. Unless of course you know for damn sure someone is a racist-bigot other than what may or may not have been posted. Cause in all honesty you don't have a clue about an anonymous poster....all guess work in your little pea brain.

thanx for your input and especially your personal attack.

my pea brain seems to be fairly perceptive for an old fart, but hey, maybe i'm just too far over the top to understand the obvious.

thanx again...have a nice evening.

Last edited by thread_bear on 8/3/2012, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : zero mistakes)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum