Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ohio considers bill to compensate Castro victims w/ taxpayer money

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Do you agree?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/16/castro-victims-captive-compensation/2993603/

2seaoat

If the people want to compensate them and their representatives agree, then who is going to complain.......but somebody down the road is going to be a victim and not get a cent.......if this ad hoc response to tragedy makes people feel good, so be it......but it is not the way to run a government. There should be consistency and continuity in public policy not ad hoc responses glued together by emotions from the most recent tragedy.

I'm kinda torn by this. The process should be fair to all crime victims.

My opinion is that our tax money is supposed to be used to run our country, and take care of our folks. Recompence for crimes needs to come from a different source. Not sure where, but our taxes canNOT cover all crime victims.

We wanted to make sure we attempt to restore what these women would have received as citizens,

This is what happens when the state becomes your nanny.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

No, I do think tax dollars should be used to compensate crime victims unless the state itself is liable.

Nekochan

Nekochan

No, it sounds nice but taxpayers cannot compensate every crime victim.  

I think if the state convicts a person who is later exonerated, then compensation might be in order.

I think if the people want to donate to a fund to help them that is fine but to give them money for ten years and a college education under the taxpayers dime ...I don't think so. Every crime victim should be compensated like and it wouldn't be possible.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

No.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum