Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remember President Barack Hussein Obama saying that Raising the Debt Ceiling did NOT mean more DEBT?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Remember President Barack Hussein Obama saying that Raising the Debt Ceiling did NOT mean more DEBT?  It is like the damn burst!

U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion — tops $17 trillion for first time

U.S. debt jumped a record $328 billion on Thursday, the first day the federal government was able to borrow money under the deal President Obama and Congress sealed this week.

The debt now equals $17.075 trillion, according to figures the Treasury Department posted online on Friday.

The $328 billion increase shattered the previous high of $238 billion set two years ago.

The giant jump comes because the government was replenishing its stock of “extraordinary measures” — the federal funds it borrowed from over the last five months as it tried to avoid bumping into the debt ceiling.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/18/us-debt-jumps-400-billion-tops-17-trillion-first-t/#ixzz2i74G5eU6

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/image/debtchartjpg/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Had Mitt Romney been elected president in 2012, would he have pressed Congress to raise the debt ceiling? Yes...

Would Markle be carping about raising the debt ceiling in a Romney administration? Doubtful, and he likely would be blaming Democrats for it, as usual...
 Rolling Eyes

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Had Mitt Romney been elected president in 2012, would he have pressed Congress to raise the debt ceiling? Yes...

Would Markle be carping about raising the debt ceiling in a Romney administration? Doubtful, and he likely would be blaming Democrats for it, as usual...
 Rolling Eyes
It's selective amnesia, like Palin exhibited on that ridiculous Fox News thread.

See my new post.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Had Mitt Romney been elected president in 2012, would he have pressed Congress to raise the debt ceiling? Yes...

Rolling Eyes
Sorry but you're wrong as usual!

I am opposed to ANYONE raising the debt ceiling and ANYONE who does not CUT SPENDING. Not simply reducing the RATE of growth but slashing spending.

I don't understand why Progressives are so hateful toward future generations that they demand they be saddled with unaffordable, unsustainable debt which will greatly reduce their standard of living.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I am opposed to ANYONE raising the debt ceiling and ANYONE who does not CUT SPENDING.  Not simply reducing the RATE of growth but slashing spending.

I don't understand why Progressives are so hateful toward future generations that they demand they be saddled with unaffordable, unsustainable debt which will greatly reduce their standard of living.
You should have made this statement to Ronald Reagan back in 1981, when he created the largest peacetime deficit in American history. He could have shown us another way.....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I am opposed to ANYONE raising the debt ceiling and ANYONE who does not CUT SPENDING.  Not simply reducing the RATE of growth but slashing spending.

Look, you sorry pathetic troll, Republicans are the party who has run up the debt, not the other way around. What were you and your fellow trolls saying while Bush raised the debt limit 7 times and hid the cost of two wars off the books? What were you saying when Reagan increased the debt limit 18 times? What happened during Reagan's term? The savings and loan scandal. What happened during George W's term? The almost complete imploding of the economy. I don't trust Republicans. They talk out both sides of their mouths (forked tongues). It must be a sad and lonely existence for you, Markle...being such a liar and all. Good luck with your crappy job.

2seaoat

Actually at the current rate of reduction of the deficit, and the growth of GDP, debt is hardly the problem it was 6-7 years ago, and despite the nonsense posted by Mr. Markle debt is relative to income. We are in an improving position over the last 6 years.

I could see Mr. Markle advising a young couple about to buy a home. You cannot buy a home because the home will cost three or four times your combined income and that level of debt is scary........but Mr. Real Estate man, we are going to pay that debt back over time. No, silly buyers.....debt must be looked at as if all things are static.....do not buy the house or invest in your future.......you see debt is a bad thing.

America was built on debt and the full faith and credit of this nation. Stupid can rarely be fixed and debt is relative to our gdp.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Would Markle be carping about raising the debt ceiling in a Romney administration? Doubtful, and he likely would be blaming Democrats for it, as usual...  Rolling Eyes

You should have made this statement to Ronald Reagan back in 1981, when he created the largest peacetime deficit in American history. He could have shown us another way....
You mean the President Reagan whose changes nearly doubled our REVENUES in the decade? Led to over a quarter of a century of economic growth. Reduce the unemployment from nearly 10% down to 5.5%, reduced inflation from 13.52% down to 4.14% and he reduced 30 year Mortgage rates from 18% down to 10.34%.

You just refuse to get that through your head don't you?

2seaoat

I was a Ronald Reagan cheerleader. However, if you do not comprehend that the very stats you post were a result of borrowed money which meant the government over spent to stimulate the economy, yet now you chastise the President for the same spending of money we cannot cover by revenues.......conceptual gaps are your calling card.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:You just refuse to get that through your head don't you?

I was a Ronald Reagan cheerleader.  However, if you do not comprehend that the very stats you post were a result of borrowed money which meant the government over spent to stimulate the economy, yet now you chastise the President for the same spending of money we cannot cover by revenues.......conceptual gaps are your calling card.
So true....

Remember President Barack Hussein Obama saying that Raising the Debt Ceiling did NOT mean more DEBT? Laughi11

I was a Ronald Reagan cheerleader.  However, if you do not comprehend that the very stats you post were a result of borrowed money which meant the government over spent to stimulate the economy, yet now you chastise the President for the same spending of money we cannot cover by revenues.......conceptual gaps are your calling card.
5 years into Reagan's term of office, there were results...the only results from Oblamer is more blame, lots of PT jobs, and more debt to record levels. You don't care Seaoat, because its not YOU who will help pay this mess off.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

5 years into Reagan's term of office, there were results...the only results from Oblamer is more blame, lots of PT jobs, and more debt to record levels. You don't care Seaoat, because its not YOU who will help pay this mess off.
I wonder if Reagan could have pulled that off if he had been inaugerated 2-months after the worse economic crash since the Great Depression? Doubtful. Carter didn't leave Reagan a near depression; like Bush did for Obama.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=politics&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57572177/&catid=57572177

Btw Reagan took over for the 2nd worst potus ever Mr Peanut

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

5 years into Reagan's term of office, there were results....the only results from Oblamer is more blame, lots of PT jobs, and more debt to record levels. You don't care Seaoat, because its not YOU who will help pay this mess off.
I wonder if Reagan could have pulled that off if he had been inaugerated 2-months after the worse economic crash since the Great Depression? Doubtful. Carter didn't leave Reagan a near depression; like Bush did for Obama.
As you know, President Jimmy Carter left a worse mess than President Barack Hussein Obama. Obviously you did not live through the Carter years or have memory loss. When do you think the Misery Index was created?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

Would Markle be carping about raising the debt ceiling in a Romney administration? Doubtful, and he likely would be blaming Democrats for it, as usual...  Rolling Eyes

You should have made this statement to Ronald Reagan back in 1981, when he created the largest peacetime deficit in American history. He could have shown us another way....
You mean the President Reagan whose changes nearly doubled our REVENUES in the decade?  Led to over a quarter of a century of economic growth.  Reduce the unemployment from nearly 10% down to 5.5%, reduced inflation from 13.52% down to 4.14% and he reduced 30 year Mortgage rates  from 18% down to 10.34%.

Those high interest rates you mentioned came about as a direct result of Reaganomics. Show your link for your stats or STHU. You're simply lying.
Even George H W Bush referred to Reagan's policy as "voodoo economics."

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

You mean the President Reagan whose changes nearly doubled our REVENUES in the decade?  Led to over a quarter of a century of economic growth.  Reduce the unemployment from nearly 10% down to 5.5%, reduced inflation from 13.52% down to 4.14% and he reduced 30 year Mortgage rates  from 18% down to 10.34%.

Those high interest rates you mentioned came about as a direct result of Reaganomics.  Show your link for your stats or STHU.  You're simply lying.  
Even George H W Bush referred to Reagan's policy as "voodoo economics."
And you say that President George H.W. Bush was crazy...so that would make President Ronald Reagan...a genius. Which he was. He turned the disaster caused by President Jimmy Carter around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum