Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANOTHER of President Barack Hussein Obama's Associates Heads off to PRISON FOR 28 YEARS!

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Markle
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

ANOTHER of President Barack Hussein Obama's Associates Heads off to PRISON FOR 28 YEARS!

ANOTHER of President Barack Hussein Obama's Associates Heads off to PRISON FOR 28 YEARS! KwameKilpatrickandObama

Perhaps the former Mayor of Detroit, Kwame Kilpatrick will hitch up with several other close friends and associates of President Obama.  Former governor Rod Blagojevich and partner with the Obama's on their Chicago Mansion Tony Rezko.

2seaoat

Propaganda technique of association. Take a person or group who has done something bad, or perceived as bad, and associate it with someone regardless of how remote the connection is........you have used the standard Gestapo propaganda techniques I studied in Junior High. The key Mr. Markle is make the association where there is a real association such that the behavior which is bad is shared with the person you are trying to associate. Using your remote association technique would even embarrass Goebbels who was the minister of propaganda.......get those Koch brothers to give you better material.

Facts are facts Seaoat, quit glossing over the negative.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Propaganda technique of association.   Take a person or group who has done something bad, or perceived as bad, and associate it with someone regardless of how remote the connection is........you have used the standard Gestapo propaganda techniques I studied in Junior High.   The key Mr. Markle is make the association where there is a real association such that the behavior which is bad is shared with the person you are trying to associate.   Using your remote association technique would even embarrass Goebbels who was the minister of propaganda.......get those Koch brothers to give you better material.
Once again you should do some research before you make you senseless posts.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:Propaganda technique of association.   Take a person or group who has done something bad, or perceived as bad, and associate it with someone regardless of how remote the connection is........you have used the standard Gestapo propaganda techniques I studied in Junior High.   The key Mr. Markle is make the association where there is a real association such that the behavior which is bad is shared with the person you are trying to associate.   Using your remote association technique would even embarrass Goebbels who was the minister of propaganda.......get those Koch brothers to give you better material.
ANOTHER of President Barack Hussein Obama's Associates Heads off to PRISON FOR 28 YEARS! Laughi10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I stand by my post, and would further explain to you that President Obama was part of the Jones contingency in Illinois who were not buddies with Rod, and actively fought him in the legislature. To characterize them as associates is total ignorance of Chicago politics, and is laughable as the Detroit Mayor. To have people who have pictures together reminds me of Carter's picture with John Wayne Gacy.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/roslyncarterjohnwaynegacy.jpg

They were associates. She wore sexy clothes and lured young boys to Gacy's crawlspace.......your propaganda and futile attempts to associate people lack even cursory knowledge of the subject. Associating Obama and Rod is funny. I have met Rod at a Golf outing. He was an intern handling a par three hole in one contest.......I guess there is now a link with Obama..........please beef your posts up.....they are getting sophomoric.

Jake92

I bet Obama commutes the sentences as his last act in 2016....

Markle wrote:ANOTHER of President Barack Hussein Obama's Associates Heads off to PRISON FOR 28 YEARS!

ANOTHER of President Barack Hussein Obama's Associates Heads off to PRISON FOR 28 YEARS! KwameKilpatrickandObama

Perhaps the former Mayor of Detroit, Kwame Kilpatrick will hitch up with several other close friends and associates of President Obama.  Former governor Rod Blagojevich and partner with the Obama's on their Chicago Mansion Tony Rezko.
I saw pictures of Obama w/ Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, John Boehner and Chris Christie all together eating. They were associating and have worked together for a long time. I think they are as guilty as this guy too. After all... they all associated w/ Obama who associated w/ this guy. No doubt of their guilt!

VectorMan

VectorMan

AP's Ed White Revises Earlier Report to Avoid Directly Tagging Convicted Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick as a Democrat

Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was sentenced to 28 years in prison yesterday. As has been the case for nearly six years as his scandals and prosecution have unfolded (seen here in dozens of NewsBusters posts), press coverage has usually avoided the inconvenient fact that Kilpatrick is a Democrat, and almost completely ignored Barack Obama's hearty endorsement of him during the early stages of his 2008 presidential campaign. A YouTube video from a May 2007 speech at the Detroit Economic Club shows Obama thanking Kilpatrick for "doing an outstanding job of gathering together the leadership at every level of Detroit, to bring about the kind of renaissance that all of us anticipate for this great city."

News outlets failing to note Kilpatrick's Democratic Party affiliation yesterday included the New York Times, CBS in Detroit, the Detroit Free Press in an item carried at USA Today, and Mike Tobin at Fox News. The Associated Press outdid itself in this regard, as will be explained after the jump.

Thursday afternoon, in a story since revised and apparently no longer available in its original form, the AP's Ed White presented a lengthy writeup about Kilpatrick's sentencing, but waited at least seven paragraphs to tag him as "a Democrat." (A Thursday afternoon CBS/AP hybrid report seen here waits until Paragraph 10.)

That treatment was apparently too specific for either White, his editors, or both.

White's Thursday evening report tags someone named Kilpatrick as a Democrat, but not Kwame. Just his mother, "former U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, a Democrat who lost re-election in 2010," in Paragraph 15 of 24.

28 YEARS IN PRISON FOR CORRUPT EX-DETROIT MAYOR

A former Detroit mayor was sent to federal prison for nearly three decades Thursday, after offering little remorse for the widespread corruption under his watch but acknowledging he let down the troubled city during a critical period before it landed in bankruptcy.

Prosecutors argued that Kwame Kilpatrick's "corrupt administration exacerbated the crisis" that Detroit now finds itself in. A judge agreed with the government's recommendation that 28 years in prison was appropriate for rigging contracts, taking bribes and putting his own price on public business.

It is one of the toughest penalties doled out for public corruption in recent U.S. history and seals a dramatic fall for Kilpatrick, who was elected mayor in 2001 at age 31 and is the son of a former senior member of Congress.

While Detroit's finances were eroding, he was getting bags of cash from city contractors, kickbacks hidden in the bra of his political fundraiser and private cross-country travel from businessmen, according to trial evidence.

Kilpatrick, 43, said he was sorry if he let down his hometown but denied ever stealing from the citizens of Detroit.

... Kilpatrick was convicted in March, just days before Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder sent an emergency manager to Detroit to take control of city operations. The city filed for Chapter 9 bankruptcy in July, overloaded with at least $18 billion in long-term debt.

... Kilpatrick covered much ground in his 30 minutes of remarks to the judge. He said he hated being mayor after just six months because the job was so difficult. He lamented that his three sons now will grow up without their father, a problem in black families, and said his scandals "killed" the political career of his mother, former U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, a Democrat who lost re-election in 2010.

As has been pointed out many times, the AP's policy on party affiliation has long been as follows:

Let relevance be the guide in determining whether to include a political fig- ure’s party affiliation in a story.
Party affiliation is pointless in some stories, such as an account of a governor accepting a button from a poster child.
It will occur naturally in many political stories.
For stories between these extremes, include party affiliation if readers need it for understanding or are likely to be curious about what it is.
Ed White thought that Kwame Kilpatrick's party affiliation was relevant in an earlier story, but irrelevant in a later one. Whatever his reasons are for making the change, they're not good. His revision violates AP's stated policies.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2013/10/11/aps-ed-white-revised-earlier-report-avoid-directly-tagging-convicted-for#ixzz2hSSkJy00

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I stand by my post, and would further explain to you that President Obama was part of the Jones contingency in Illinois who were not buddies with Rod, and actively fought him in the legislature.   To characterize them as associates is total ignorance of Chicago politics, and is laughable as the Detroit Mayor.  To have people who have pictures together reminds me of Carter's picture with John Wayne Gacy.
Prior to being a senator, Barack Hussein Obama was a low level attorney for the same firm Michelle worked at as well.  Barack Obama met Rod Blagojevich who was a client of the law firm as well as Tony Rezko.  Rod Blagojevich's wife was the real estate agent when they bought their mansion and Tony Rezko bought the adjoining lot, closing on the same day.

Tony Rezko then sold a strip of land, off the vacant lot which contained the garden for the main house to the Obama's for a much reduced price.  The sale of that strip of land rendered the rest of the lot unbuildable.

I don't recall Carter endorsing John Wayne Gacy for anything although President Obama did endorse and campaigned for Kwame Kilpatrick for mayor of Detroit. We know how well that worked out.

Don't forget, it was President Obama who told us to judge him by those with whom he surrounds himself. That's all I'm doing.

2seaoat

Now if you want to connect Rezko with Obama, I have no problem. That is 100% correct and the real estate deal was as rotten as five day old fish in the sun. However, to connect Obama as an ally of Rod is simple revisionist history and incorrect. Rezko's use of Pattie has as much to do with her dad as it did with her husband, but clearly you know nothing about Chicago Politics if you try to create an association with Obama and Rod........did you hear the tapes on what Rod thought of Obama. E. Jones Obama's mentor almost popped Rod in front of a friend of mine who was the Republican whip of Illinois. Rod was hated by the machine. Obama was 100% machine. Please learn how to associate things where at least intelligent people can follow the association. Try to find commonality in the bad acts, not some photo opportunity. This is just getting so sophomoric........the boys making this stuff up need to be replaced, and let some of the field folks use common sense and come up with better stuff.

who a person associates with says a lot about them.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Now if you want to connect Rezko with Obama, I have no problem.  That is 100% correct and the real estate deal was as rotten as five day old fish in the sun.  However, to connect Obama as an ally of Rod is simple revisionist history and incorrect.  Rezko's use of Pattie has as much to do with her dad as it did with her husband, but clearly you know nothing about Chicago Politics if you try to create an association with Obama and Rod........did you hear the tapes on what Rod thought of Obama.   E. Jones Obama's mentor almost popped Rod in front of a friend of mine who was the Republican whip of Illinois.   Rod was hated by the machine.  Obama was 100% machine.   Please learn how to associate things where at least intelligent people can follow the association.  Try to find commonality in the bad acts, not some photo opportunity.   This is just getting so sophomoric........the boys making this stuff up need to be replaced, and let some of the field folks use common sense and come up with better stuff.
Patti Blagojevich was a business partner in a real estate firm with Tony Rezko for about eight years.

You know too that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright was President Barack Hussein Obama's mentor for more than 20 years.

This is all really, really old news.  You've know this for many years, you simply don't care.

Last edited by Markle on 10/12/2013, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Again, you know nothing about Chicago politics. Bobby Rush was part of the famous December 4 black panther police raid in chicago in the sixties. He was as they say.......street credentialed. Obama was a Harvard fool who knew nothing according to Bobby Rush. Obama's relationship with a black church is critical in the south side power structure. He needed to have street credentials or he would be eaten up by the likes of Rush and never get to the next level in Machine Politics. You have no idea how mild mannered Wright is compared to others who he had to compete to get to the higher ranks of the Chicago machine. To look at Wright as a negative association actually betrays what were the real attempts to find street credibility, and Wright was a boy scout compared to Bobby Rush. You expect a half white machine politician to succeed in the South side of Chicago without association with folks who you now try to think are radical.....hardly.....Obama was always a moderate Republican who pleased the Machine, yet got bare minimum street credentials which allowed him to launch his amazing career. He had to face more controversy early on and it made him stronger and smarter. He has exceeded any of my expectations. He is a master of the Chicago way.

It is pretty phenomenal that Obama has gotten to where he is from Chicago.I wonder how Blago's doing?

2seaoat wrote:Again, you know nothing about Chicago politics.  Bobby Rush was part of the famous December 4 black panther police raid in chicago in the sixties.   He was as they say.......street credentialed.   Obama was a Harvard fool who knew nothing according to Bobby Rush.  Obama's relationship with a black church is critical in the south side power structure.  He needed to have street credentials or he would be eaten up by the likes  of Rush and never get to the next level in Machine Politics.   You have no idea how mild mannered Wright is compared to others who he had to compete to get to the higher ranks of the Chicago machine.   To look at Wright as a negative association actually betrays what were the real attempts to find street credibility, and Wright was a boy scout compared to Bobby Rush.   You expect a half white machine politician to succeed in the South side of Chicago without association with folks who you now try to think are radical.....hardly.....Obama was always a moderate Republican who pleased the Machine, yet got bare minimum street credentials which allowed him to launch his amazing career.   He had to face more controversy early on and it made him stronger and smarter.   He has exceeded any of my expectations.    He is a master of the Chicago way.
there you go again calling odumbass a republican LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You have a severe case of that mental illness savage talks about.

please tell us what makes odumbass a republican?

It certainly wasn't his campaign promises or limited voting record. The results of his policies however dove tail the progressive republicans. If anything the progressives should be forced into the open from both parties to stand on their own.

PkrBum wrote:It certainly wasn't his campaign promises or limited voting record. The results of his policies however dove tail the progressive republicans. If anything the progressives should be forced into the open from both parties to stand on their own.
agree to a certain point.

but you cant call a vote for partial birth abortion, republican

You cant call the spending spree running up the national debt, republican

You cant call the basically nationalization of our health system republican

Cant call his stance on coal or nuclear plants republican

cant call his go around congress dictator like rule making republican

Now while we have many RINO's in office, it still doesn't change the agenda or what it means to be republican.

2seaoat

The Republican Party used to be the party of progressives. It now has been taken over by Dixiecrats known for hate and bigotry, but most importantly government hand outs.......bringing home the bacon. The folks who brought us Republican administrations who sunk us in debt.

(to chrissy) Agreed... but you should read about how the young turks came to power in the ottoman empire. Anything is acceptable if it promotes an ideological agenda and can be intellectually assimilated. The victors write the history... sadly.

2seaoat wrote:The Republican Party used to be the party of progressives. It now has been taken over by Dixiecrats known for hate and bigotry, but most importantly government hand outs.......bringing home the bacon. The folks who brought us Republican administrations who sunk us in debt.
It's odd that you can follow the dixiecrats through their bias and agendas... but refuse to see that in progressives.

2seaoat

Teddy Roosevelt a progressive broke up monopolies.....you supported the other side......President Kennedy and Johnson progressives broke up de jure discrimination in America......you supported the other side.

I will take a progressive doing good things over a reactionary who wants to do bad things any day of the week. I do not support reckless spending regardless of a progressive trying to solve every problem, or a reactionary pouring trillions into wars and the military industrial complex. Your dogma is funny and your nomenclature for the most part is simply asz backwards.

Progressive is not a dirty word. Generalizations rarely explain anything, and you live in a paradigm of generalization and over simplification.

Then why do you try to generalize my positions? Almost every progressive policy begins with a noble cause.

At some point it must be recognized as a tactic. Given your admiration of newt... you should be able to grasp that concept.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

"Once again you should do some research before you make you senseless posts."----Markle

And you should take your own advice.

http://www.alternet.org/story/151497/14_propaganda_techniques_fox_%27news%27_uses_to_brainwash_americans?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

1. Panic Mongering. This goes one step beyond simple fear mongering. With panic mongering, there is never a break from the fear. The idea is to terrify and terrorize the audience during every waking moment. From Muslims to swine flu to recession to homosexuals to immigrants to the rapture itself, the belief over at Fox seems to be that if your fight-or-flight reflexes aren't activated, you aren't alive. This of course raises the question: why terrorize your own audience? Because it is the fastest way to bypasses the rational brain. In other words, when people are afraid, they don't think rationally. And when they can't think rationally, they'll believe anything.

2. Character Assassination/Ad Hominem. Fox does not like to waste time debating the idea. Instead, they prefer a quicker route to dispensing with their opponents: go after the person's credibility, motives, intelligence, character, or, if necessary, sanity. No category of character assassination is off the table and no offense is beneath them. Fox and like-minded media figures also use ad hominem attacks not just against individuals, but entire categories of people in an effort to discredit the ideas of every person who is seen to fall into that category, e.g. "liberals," "hippies," "progressives" etc. This form of argument - if it can be called that - leaves no room for genuine debate over ideas, so by definition, it is undemocratic. Not to mention just plain crass.

3. Projection/Flipping. This one is frustrating for the viewer who is trying to actually follow the argument. It involves taking whatever underhanded tactic you're using and then accusing your opponent of doing it to you first. We see this frequently in the immigration discussion, where anti-racists are accused of racism, or in the climate change debate, where those who argue for human causes of the phenomenon are accused of not having science or facts on their side. It's often called upon when the media host finds themselves on the ropes in the debate.

4. Rewriting History. This is another way of saying that propagandists make the facts fit their worldview. The Downing Street Memos on the Iraq war were a classic example of this on a massive scale, but it happens daily and over smaller issues as well. A recent case in point is Palin's mangling of the Paul Revere ride, which Fox reporters have bent over backward to validate. Why lie about the historical facts, even when they can be demonstrated to be false? Well, because dogmatic minds actually find it easier to reject reality than to update their viewpoints. They will literally rewrite history if it serves their interests. And they'll often speak with such authority that the casual viewer will be tempted to question what they knew as fact.

5. Scapegoating/Othering. This works best when people feel insecure or scared. It's technically a form of both fear mongering and diversion, but it is so pervasive that it deserves its own category. The simple idea is that if you can find a group to blame for social or economic problems, you can then go on to a) justify violence/dehumanization of them, and b) subvert responsibility for any harm that may befall them as a result.

6. Conflating Violence With Power and Opposition to Violence With Weakness. This is more of what I'd call a "meta-frame" (a deeply held belief) than a media technique, but it is manifested in the ways news is reported constantly. For example, terms like "show of strength" are often used to describe acts of repression, such as those by the Iranian regime against the protesters in the summer of 2009. There are several concerning consequences of this form of conflation. First, it has the potential to make people feel falsely emboldened by shows of force - it can turn wars into sporting events. Secondly, especially in the context of American politics, displays of violence - whether manifested in war or debates about the Second Amendment - are seen as noble and (in an especially surreal irony) moral. Violence become synonymous with power, patriotism and piety.

7. Bullying. This is a favorite technique of several Fox commentators. That it continues to be employed demonstrates that it seems to have some efficacy. Bullying and yelling works best on people who come to the conversation with a lack of confidence, either in themselves or their grasp of the subject being discussed. The bully exploits this lack of confidence by berating the guest into submission or compliance. Often, less self-possessed people will feel shame and anxiety when being berated and the quickest way to end the immediate discomfort is to cede authority to the bully. The bully is then able to interpret that as a "win."

8. Confusion. As with the preceding technique, this one works best on an audience that is less confident and self-possessed. The idea is to deliberately confuse the argument, but insist that the logic is airtight and imply that anyone who disagrees is either too dumb or too fanatical to follow along. Less independent minds will interpret the confusion technique as a form of sophisticated thinking, thereby giving the user's claims veracity in the viewer's mind.

9. Populism. This is especially popular in election years. The speakers identifies themselves as one of "the people" and the target of their ire as an enemy of the people. The opponent is always "elitist" or a "bureaucrat" or a "government insider" or some other category that is not the people. The idea is to make the opponent harder to relate to and harder to empathize with. It often goes hand in hand with scapegoating. A common logical fallacy with populism bias when used by the right is that accused "elitists" are almost always liberals - a category of political actors who, by definition, advocate for non-elite groups.

10. Invoking the Christian God. This is similar to othering and populism. With morality politics, the idea is to declare yourself and your allies as patriots, Christians and "real Americans" (those are inseparable categories in this line of thinking) and anyone who challenges them as not. Basically, God loves Fox and Republicans and America. And hates taxes and anyone who doesn't love those other three things. Because the speaker has been benedicted by God to speak on behalf of all Americans, any challenge is perceived as immoral. It's a cheap and easy technique used by all totalitarian entities from states to cults.

11. Saturation. There are three components to effective saturation: being repetitive, being ubiquitous and being consistent. The message must be repeated cover and over, it must be everywhere and it must be shared across commentators: e.g. "Saddam has WMD." Veracity and hard data have no relationship to the efficacy of saturation. There is a psychological effect of being exposed to the same message over and over, regardless of whether it's true or if it even makes sense, e.g., "Barack Obama wasn't born in the United States." If something is said enough times, by enough people, many will come to accept it as truth. Another example is Fox's own slogan of "Fair and Balanced."

12. Disparaging Education. There is an emerging and disturbing lack of reverence for education and intellectualism in many mainstream media discourses. In fact, in some circles (e.g. Fox), higher education is often disparaged as elitist. Having a university credential is perceived by these folks as not a sign of credibility, but of a lack of it. In fact, among some commentators, evidence of intellectual prowess is treated snidely and as anti-American. The disdain for education and other evidence of being trained in critical thinking are direct threats to a hive-mind mentality, which is why they are so viscerally demeaned.

13. Guilt by Association. This is a favorite of Glenn Beck and Andrew Breitbart, both of whom have used it to decimate the careers and lives of many good people. Here's how it works: if your cousin's college roommate's uncle's ex-wife attended a dinner party back in 1984 with Gorbachev's niece's ex-boyfriend's sister, then you, by extension are a communist set on destroying America. Period.

14. Diversion. This is where, when on the ropes, the media commentator suddenly takes the debate in a weird but predictable direction to avoid accountability. This is the point in the discussion where most Fox anchors start comparing the opponent to Saul Alinsky or invoking ACORN or Media Matters, in a desperate attempt to win through guilt by association. Or they'll talk about wanting to focus on "moving forward," as though by analyzing the current state of things or God forbid, how we got to this state of things, you have no regard for the future. Any attempt to bring the discussion back to the issue at hand will likely be called deflection, an ironic use of the technique of projection/flipping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum