Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post Partum Depression?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Post Partum Depression? Empty Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 7:42 am

2seaoat

Relatives have said that she may have suffered postpartum depression.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/04/20816675-woman-in-dc-chase-may-have-thought-obama-was-stalking-her-sources-say?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

The Affordable Health Care Act will bring millions coverage for mental health professionals. Just one more example of illness not being addressed with tragic consequences.

2Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 7:55 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Affordable Care Act aint bringin nobody into nothin, seaoat. We're already three days in and we still can't even access the system.
Hell by the time I ever get signed up, my cancer will probably have already croaked me.

3Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 8:02 am

2seaoat

Policy choices have consequences. I am sorry. However, this insane demand for coverage will be processed and you WILL get affordable care. The people who deny American need for the Affordable Care Act only need to look at people voting with their feet........the thing most feared by the despots and special interests who could care less about your health Bob.

4Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 8:45 am

2seaoat wrote:Policy choices have consequences.  I am sorry.  However, this insane demand for coverage will be processed and you WILL get affordable care.  The people who deny American need for the Affordable Care Act only need to look at people voting with their feet........the thing most feared by the despots and special interests who could care less about your health Bob.
yeah your right seaoat. I work in healthcare and the last thing I like is a whole bunch of insured people coming to my office. Rolling Eyes 

And yes there has been a revision of what is a disease or disability or a mental illness by our gov recently. they are very interested in getting as many people labeled with something because they plan on using this to get around the second amendment.

what you don't understand about the odumbercare is its not healthcare and you keep referring to it as that, its ins reform and its HEAVY REGULATION.

see, you are happy that gov cuts funds from those nasty evil docs and hospitals, but guess what the price of stuff keeps going up that we have to buy, you cant regulate that can you mr communist? make the price of sheets, chairs, scalpels, needles, medical devices( of which aca made cost more ) I could go on all day about operations cost going up while revenue is going down. but really, you don't give a shit. youre like the rest of the left, you want it, well, you got it. now enjoy and stfu while we bitch about it. because its passed.

5Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 9:06 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The baby was 18 months old...that's a little far out from childbirth to still be suffering from PPD. More likely, after being fired in August 2012, she was having trouble making ends meet and the boyfriend wasn't in the picture. That doesn't completely explain why she tried to ram the White House gate. But apparently she wasn't all there.

6Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 9:08 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

The ACA will not bring millions of mentally ill patients in. A person that is mentally ill must be like an alcoholic, they must first admit they have a problem and that is difficult to do for most people. It is call pride and the mentally ill does not want to be labeled as such.

7Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 9:10 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Latest on the news this morning--she was hearing voices and she thought that Obama was stalking her. 

Seaoat, no matter what kind of mental health care is available to people, they have to follow their doctor's instructions and take their medications if they are going to get better.

8Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 9:11 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost Rider wrote:The ACA will not bring millions of mentally ill patients in. A person that is mentally ill must be like an alcoholic, they must first admit they have a problem and that is difficult to do for most people. It is call pride and the mentally ill does not want to be labeled as such.
Yes, exactly.  They have to want help, seek help, and follow their doctor's instructions.

9Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 9:17 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Policy choices have consequences.  I am sorry.  However, this insane demand for coverage will be processed and you WILL get affordable care.  The people who deny American need for the Affordable Care Act only need to look at people voting with their feet........the thing most feared by the despots and special interests who could care less about your health Bob.
yeah your right seaoat. I work in healthcare and the last thing I like is a whole bunch of insured people coming to my office. Rolling Eyes 

And yes there has been a revision of what is a disease or disability or a mental illness by our gov recently. they are very interested in getting as many people labeled with something because they plan on using this to get around the second amendment.

what you don't understand about the odumbercare is its not healthcare and you keep referring to it as that, its ins reform and its HEAVY REGULATION.

see, you are happy that gov cuts funds from those nasty evil docs and hospitals, but guess what the price of stuff keeps going up that we have to buy, you cant regulate that can you mr communist? make the price of sheets, chairs, scalpels, needles, medical devices( of which aca made cost more ) I could go on all day about operations cost going up while revenue is going down. but really, you don't give a shit. youre like the rest of the left, you want it, well, you got it. now enjoy and stfu while we bitch about it. because its passed.
The price of all the things you mention have been increasing exponentially for decades.  Got nothing to do with the ACA, except there is finally an attempt to do something about it.  The insurance companies have been making a killing (literally) off sick people...excluding pre-existing conditions, dropping coverage, stonewalling people making claims, paying their executives ridiculous salaries and perks.  You know it; you refuse to acknowledge it.  So who's got the problem here?  I would hate to come across you in a hospital setting.  Scary.

10Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 10:50 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All we know for certain at this point is how stage 1 of obamacare has turned out.   That's the part that has already been in effect for months which supposedly was going to provide insurance for those like me who have pre-existing conditions.  
That part of obamacare has already run out of money.  

All these other platitudes about how obamacare is gonna do this and do that,  are just that,  empty rhetoric. That's usually what happens when politicians and their worshippers make a lot of claims, empty rhetoric.

Bush claimed he was gonna turn the middle east into a democracy.
Obama claims obamacare will solve the health care crisis.
Empty rhetoric.
One of these days the worshippers of all these assholes will wake up. I hope.

11Post Partum Depression? Empty Re: Post Partum Depression? 10/4/2013, 12:59 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:The ACA will not bring millions of mentally ill patients in. A person that is mentally ill must be like an alcoholic, they must first admit they have a problem and that is difficult to do for most people. It is call pride and the mentally ill does not want to be labeled as such.
Yes, exactly.  They have to want help, seek help, and follow their doctor's instructions.
Many "Mentally Ill" people are incapable of making such a decision on their own. Most people do not choose to go insane. Do not confuse Mental Illness with addiction .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum