Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are in a great depression....maybe worse.

+2
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.infowars.com/the-shocking-reality-this-chart-shows-just-how-bad-unemployment-is-today-compared-to-the-great-depression/

The Shocking Reality: This Chart Shows Just How Bad Unemployment Is Today Compared to The Great Depression
America is already in the throes of its next Great Depression

While the Obama administration and their mainstream surrogates maintain that the economy is growing at a booming pace, the reality of the situation is starkly different.

According to a report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics some 94.6 million Americans (age 16 and over) are either not working or have made no effort to find a job. With a population of 320 million, that means nearly one in three people in the United States are currently out of work.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to discouragement, retirement or otherwise — represented a substantial 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.

Curiously, the official unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.1%, suggesting that some 95% of people actually have jobs.

But as we’ve repeatedly pointed out, that number has been completely skewed over the last two decades as it fails to account for people who have stopped looking for work (because there are no actual jobs available).

It’s so bad, in fact, that we have seen sustained unemployment exceeding that of the Great Depression for almost the entirety of Barack Obama’s Presidency.

2seaoat

Nonsense. The great depression had farms decimated in America. The agricultural sector is booming with record crops and record exports. America is just fine as the babyboom generation moves out of the way for younger folks to enter the workplace. We were the bubble. Where we went so did the economy go......we are slowing down and becoming irrelevant.....but the American economy continues to hum along and what I am seeing on the harvest this year.......un....fricking.....believable......I have never seen fields so heavy with corn.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Unemployment has never been higher...but keep whistling.....corn production by a corporation requires very few people ...

We are in a great depression....maybe worse. Harvesting-grain-corn

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We are in a great depression....maybe worse. ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.andruswilliams.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FCornGraphic

2seaoat wrote:Nonsense.  The great depression had farms decimated in America.  The agricultural sector is booming with record crops and record exports.  America is just fine as the babyboom generation moves out of the way for younger folks to enter the workplace.  We were the bubble.  Where we went so did the economy go......we are slowing down and becoming irrelevant.....but the American economy continues to hum along and what I am seeing on the harvest this year.......un....fricking.....believable......I have never seen fields so heavy with corn.

Dude (SEABASS) wake the heck up

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Getting ready to buy some new stocks next week....  Oil and Gas stocks are beaten-down and are really cheap now.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I don't have an opinion about whether we are or are not in a Great Depression as we speak.   But I do have a question.
I was at Fresh Market yesterday afternoon at about 4:30.  I have never seen anywhere as many customers in that place before that going all the way back to when it opened.  First time I've seen lines with cashiers at all the checkouts.
And remember,  that's the supermarket chain with the highest prices.
So the question is,  assuming we ARE in a Great Depression,  how could that be happening in a Great Depression?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But now as I think about it, if what I saw in Fresh Market is an indication, it's not the Depression we're in now, it's "the roaring 20's". The Depression comes later.

2seaoat

Whiners who are unhappy about their lives do not change the reality that America remains a vastly rich nation with spoiled children who whine if they perceive they somehow got short changed. America is a great country and I awake everyday and see my flagpole with the stars and stripes waving in the wind and feel blessed that I was born in this country. Weak whiners need to find someplace to find happiness, and if you cannot make it in America......do not blame America for your condition.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Whiners who are unhappy about their lives do not change the reality that America remains a vastly rich nation with spoiled children who whine if they perceive they somehow got short changed.  America is a great country and I awake everyday and see my flagpole with the stars and stripes waving in the wind and feel blessed that I was born in this country.  Weak whiners need to find someplace to find happiness, and if you cannot make it in America......do not blame America for your condition.

I awake everyday hoping they'll increase the social security COLA and my Medicare benefits. That's because I'm part of the worst generation ever (according to Sal). lol

2seaoat

Babyboomers are whiners.....more booze.....more sex......more money.....more drugs.....more material things.......more lifesaving vaccines and medicine......more entertainment.......more information......and they whine because they feel like life is slipping away.....that everything is wrong with this country.......sorry the country is fine.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

This country produces nothing but war. A bully that lives easy on forcefully taking from and threatening smaller people. Our wealth is a vapor and our security nonexistent. We lick at Satan's (The State) feet himself begging him to not act like Satan. Oh how we are surprised when he WACOs people and we may grumble and justify about it but we know if Satan wants us he will have us. So we crawl back into our little boxes and know Satan's watching our every move.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Babyboomers are whiners.....more booze.....more sex......more money.....more drugs.....more material things.......more lifesaving vaccines and medicine......more entertainment.......more information......and they whine because they feel like life is slipping away.....that everything is wrong with this country.......sorry the country is fine.

Absolutely,  seaoat.  Baby boomers are all the same.  Just like blacks are all the same.  And hispanics are all the same.  And queers are all the same. And like, last but not least,  all muslims are the same.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Only one question though,  seaoat.  What if someone is a black homosexual hispanic who has converted to muslim?  And not only that, he's a baby boomer. Are those all the same too?  lol

by Bob Yesterday at 11:42 pm
I don't have an opinion about whether we are or are not in a Great Depression as we speak. But I do have a question.
I was at Fresh Market yesterday afternoon at about 4:30. I have never seen anywhere as many customers in that place before that going all the way back to when it opened. First time I've seen lines with cashiers at all the checkouts.
And remember, that's the supermarket chain with the highest prices.
So the question is, assuming we ARE in a Great Depression, how could that be happening in a Great Depression?
by Bob Today at 12:25 am

---
Bon even in the Great Depression there were rich folks

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Obamasucks wrote:

---
Bon even in the Great Depression there were rich folks

Well if everyone I saw shopping at that supermarket is rich, that would explain it. Hell, me and my girlfriend were there too so that makes us rich as well.
But since she's rich, I'm gonna have to ask her why she's always running such a big credit card balance. Rich people shouldn't be doing that.
Wait a minute, maybe that's the explanation. These people are "rich" only because they can buy on time. lol

2seaoat

Baby boomers are all the same.

Never has a generation in American History been blessed with more material wealth, absence of war, medical breakthroughs, and from top to bottom ALL boomers grew up with the TV which shaped their collective mindset......more....more....more. Whining about how bad this country is because the reality of their mortality is setting in, and their leave it to Beaver world is being challenged by diversity, financial challenges, and certain death.....so they whine as if they were owed something, trying to make America evil, never having worked to make America better because the me generation finally is finding out that the real world has an end, and they are out of time. This is a great country. We have all been blessed, and there is still time to make this world better.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Baby boomers are all the same.

Never has a generation in American History been blessed with more material wealth, absence of war, medical breakthroughs, and from top to bottom ALL boomers grew up with the TV which shaped their collective mindset......more....more....more.  Whining about how bad this country is because the reality of their mortality is setting in, and their leave it to Beaver world is being challenged by diversity, financial challenges, and certain death.....so they whine as if they were owed something, trying to make America evil, never having worked to make America better because the me generation finally is finding out that the real world has an end, and they are out of time.    

Congratulations.  You've just nullified all the hundreds of posts you've made to rail against bigotry and prejudice by expressing a very well formed bigotry and prejudice yourself.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Baby boomers are all the same.

Never has a generation in American History been blessed with more material wealth, absence of war, medical breakthroughs, and from top to bottom ALL boomers grew up with the TV which shaped their collective mindset......more....more....more.  Whining about how bad this country is because the reality of their mortality is setting in, and their leave it to Beaver world is being challenged by diversity, financial challenges, and certain death.....so they whine as if they were owed something, trying to make America evil, never having worked to make America better because the me generation finally is finding out that the real world has an end, and they are out of time.    

Congratulations.  You've just nullified all the hundreds of posts you've made to rail against bigotry and prejudice by expressing a very well formed bigotry and prejudice yourself.

Seaoat is one of us, Bob. To a certain extent, he's right, but most of the people of our generation who are into "me, me, me" are the children of rich people. They think their ancestry entitles them to only the best...rather than having to work for it. In fact, the baby boomers suffered through the Vietnam years and later through Reaganomics. I'm positive that a significant number of boomers lost pensions, or had them devalued, lost their jobs and/or their homes, in the Bush recession of 2008...not that many of those jobs hadn't already been shipped overseas or "downsized" in some hedge fund takeover. Somehow, I'm just not feeling the advantages of having been born in 1950. I think you may be speaking for yourself.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There are just as many different kinds of personalites,  life stories, mindsets and everything else in the "Boomer" generation as in any other generation.  
The age of the person is no different than race,  or sexual orientation or whatever.  Not every individual is the same.  Especially when it's a grouping of some kind which includes millions of individuals. There is no one-size-fits-all stereotype for millions of people.

2seaoat

There are just as many different kinds of personalites,  life stories, mindsets and everything else in the "Boomer" generation as in any other generation.  

Wrong again Bob....you are batting a thousand on missing the ball.  There is scientific evidence of our generations consumption of energy and waste which we have created.   A scientist says that those born between 1945 and 1965 consumed the most energy and had the highest disposable income of any generation since man has been on this earth.......and Bob argues, no they are not all the same.....the guy named zak on the westside of Pensacola never lived in a house with electricity, never went to the doctor, grew turnips in his back yard, and walked everywhere.....brilliant Bob.......We are the collective avarice of a generation of consumption going bad who failed to sacrifice and invest in capital equipment and infrastructure for future generations.....we are the folks who gobbled up the seed corn and then had you beam with pride as we allowed the Oligarchy to steal America because we collectively wanted more money back at tax time.....and your argument is........well there is zak.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Best Potential Returns from Oil

http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/best-potential-returns-from-oil/5131

Excerpt:

Seeds of War

There are a number of scenarios that would send oil back to $100 a barrel. The most likely is some event in Saudi Arabia.

Heated enemies are now flying warplanes and dropping bombs in the limited airspace over Syria.

Four of the participants, Russia, Iran, the United States, and Saudi Arabia, are the top four oil producers in the world. Things fall apart.

If you saw my earlier post on this thread, I noted that I planned on buying some depressed oil & gas stocks in the coming days. Then, I saw this article in my inbox this morning. I am acting tomorrow morning, and may buy some more later this week. I just have to transfer more money to my Scott Trade account.

I am not purposely aiming to make money off of world misery, but right now, one miss-step on the world stage and ya'll can say goodbye to less than $2.00 gas....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:There are just as many different kinds of personalites,  life stories, mindsets and everything else in the "Boomer" generation as in any other generation.  

Wrong again Bob....you are batting a thousand on missing the ball.  There is scientific evidence of our generations consumption of energy and waste which we have created.   A scientist says that those born between 1945 and 1965 consumed the most energy and had the highest disposable income of any generation since man has been on this earth.......and Bob argues, no they are not all the same...

There is scientific evidence that young blacks commit more gun murders than any other group.  And bob argues,  no not all young blacks in that group are the same.  
Bob is batting 1000 on missing the ball again.  lol

dumpcare

Bob, you ain't getting a ss cola increase:

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/professionals/100515/dont-expect-social-security-cola-2016.asp?partner=YahooSA

At work, your employer decides if you can receive a cost of living increase. They decide what percentage is appropriate, who will receive it and if it’s something they can’t do this year. For retirees, the Social Security Administration typically fills that role when it comes to collecting Social Security benefits. The Social Security Administration has offered a cost of living adjustment (COLA) almost every year since 1975. The two exceptions came in 2010 and 2011. But most of the time, the adjustment is taken for granted.

However, some people speculate this year could be the third that there’s no increase granted. Are they right? If so, how will this affect seniors and others relying on that income increase? Read below to find out. (For more, see: How to Manage Lower Social Security Adjustments.)

Why it Might Not Happen
The cost of living adjustment for Social Security is directly tied to the inflation rate in the U.S. Specifically, they determine if a cost of living adjustment is needed depending on if the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) rises or falls.

According to the Social Security Administration, “The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) publishes the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) on a monthly basis. We use the CPI-W to annually adjust benefits paid to Social Security beneficiaries and Supplemental Security Income recipients.” Since inflation is at a low, it might mean that a cost of living adjustment will not happen. In years of high inflation, the cost of living adjustment has also been high. (For more, see: Tips for Managing Inflation in Retirement.)

Why it Won't Be a Big Deal
Last year’s 1.7% cost of living adjustment raised the amount paid by an average of $22 a month. One of the few benefits that will occur if there’s no cost of living increase is a lengthening of the time that funds remain in the social security pool. The main group of retirees this could affect is those in the high-income pool. Because of Medicare rules, their Part B premiums are likely to increase significantly. But even that group only makes up about 30% of those receiving Medicare benefits. (For more, see: Medicare 101: Do You Need All 4 Parts?)

The good news is that since inflation remains low, a cost of living adjustment might not be wholly necessary. Prices remain mostly constant. Some people predict that even if the adjustment comes through, it will be a negligible amount. For future retirees or those observing the Social Security landscape, this news might come as a disconcerting surprise. If possible, you should not rely on social security income as your main source.

This could be a great time to adjust your retirement contributions and see if you can increase how much you’re putting away. Especially since many people are worried about funding for the Social Security program in general, you don’t want to get caught up worrying if you’ll have enough money every month. (For more, see: Inflation and Your Retirement.)

The Bottom Line
The biggest thing retirees can do is to continue living within their means. Even though the cost of living adjustment (or lack thereof) will affect them, there are ways to mitigate that. Retirees should still only spend the money they have and not base any current spending on possible future adjustments.

Official news will be released in October, so people will still have a few months to plan for their 2016 budgets. If you could be hit hard by this news, use it as an opportunity to review your budget and make any necessary adjustments. To see official information on the SSA and cost of living information, visit the COLA page of its web site. (For more, see: Tips on Delaying Social Security Benefits.)

Read more: Don't Expect a Social Security COLA in 2016 http://www.investopedia.com/articles/professionals/100515/dont-expect-social-security-cola-2016.asp#ixzz3njDggCjH
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum