Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS: Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity.

+4
knothead
Sal
Markle
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

knothead wrote:Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought that global warming was indisputable, true? What I thought was in dispute in the scientific community was whether that fact was man made or a natural occurrence, amarite?
Pretty much true... there were glaciers a mile high reaching into the US 12k years ago. Which happens to coincide with the advent of modern human civilization. Ever wonder what happened ? It's the variables that play the devil in climate change.

We do better as a species in warmer climates.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought that global warming was indisputable, true? What I thought was in dispute in the scientific community was whether that fact was man made or a natural occurrence, amarite?
Pretty much true... there were glaciers a mile high reaching into the US 12k years ago. Which happens to coincide with the advent of modern human civilization. Ever wonder what happened ? It's the variables that play the devil in climate change.

Guess that explains my inclination to remain south of the Mason Dixon line pkr!

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Guess that explains my inclination to remain south of the Mason Dixon line pkr!
I've lived up north for a few years now... but I always feel better down south.

There are things I don't think most people are aware of... and I won't go into atmospheric particle dynamics or our position in the galaxy... but there is a reason that the data you see only wants to go back to 1950 or more importantly 1850. This link is a bit biased as wiki always is... but it acknowledges a 500 year phenomenon that would blow their data out of the water if we began measuring at it's beginning. Even the thousands of years since oceans froze on our coasts are blips on the earths scale. The poles have been unfrozen MUCH more than they've been frozen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

The Little Ice Age (LIA) was a period of cooling that occurred after the Medieval Warm Period (Medieval Climate Optimum). [1] While it was not a true ice age, the term was introduced into the scientific literature by François E. Matthes in 1939. [2] It has been conventionally defined as a period extending from the sixteenth to the nineteenth centuries, [3][4][5] or alternatively, from about 1350 to about 1850, [6] though climatologists and historians working with local records no longer expect to agree on either the start or end dates of this period, which varied according to local conditions. NASA defines the term as a cold period between AD 1550 and AD 1850 and notes three particularly cold intervals: one beginning about 1650, another about 1770, and the last in 1850, each separated by intervals of slight warming.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The other planets are heating so unless they got humans the answer is simple. THE S U N is making the solar system hotter IF any thing is.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Anyone notice the chemtrails have stopped....must have given up trying to warm up the earth to collect their lying carbon tax.....ha Gore can KMA.
You know you are right. I thought something looked awful heavenly in the skies lately. I thought I was just all of a sudden more appreciative of the lovely heavens. And I am, because there are not as many or ANY lines, zig zags, circles filling up the heavenly view.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Anyone notice the chemtrails have stopped....must have given up trying to warm up the earth to collect their lying carbon tax.....ha Gore can KMA.
You know you are right. I thought something looked awful heavenly in the skies lately. I thought I was just all of a sudden more appreciative of the lovely heavens. And I am, because there are not as many or ANY lines, zig zags, circles filling up the heavenly view.
I think when they were found out to be FOS on global warming they stopped trying to create a hot house effect. All that barium and aluminum must have cost a bunch trying to make a reflective blanket in the sky. Major fail for the alarmist global warming idiots.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
I think when they were found out to be FOS on global warming they stopped trying to create a hot house effect.  All that barium and aluminum must have cost a bunch trying to make a reflective blanket in the sky. Major fail for the alarmist global warming idiots.  
Yeah, all reasonable reasons I bet they did stop it.

How long has it been stopped that you know of, 2-3 months? because that's about how long I noticed I appreciated the sky again and thought it was oddly beautiful.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Pkr mentioned the Little Ice Age. I read that during Medieval times, people were growing wheat in northern Scandinavia. There is oil under the Arctic Ice, and the only way that oil got there was from ancient algae growing in a very warm sea.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Also, there is a reason Greenland has the name it does. It wasn't always covered in ice.

Yella

Yella

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world/climate-change-report/

Okay now let's turn on Steve Doocy and Ross Limbaugh and Dick Morris and Brother Carl to give us the REAL news.  That this is all a bunch of anti-american horseshit and Obama and the communists have now put out the biggest commie propaganda since Joseph Goebbels told the world the nazis were the good guys.

I report.  You decide.
Cute try, but that's not what the report states.

BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. - Page 2 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

It has to sting a little, Markle, finding out that Al Gore has been correct all along and proven you to be a bit of a dunce, LOL

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Markle wrote:

Okay now let's turn on Steve Doocy and Ross Limbaugh and Dick Morris and Brother Carl to give us the REAL news.  That this is all a bunch of anti-american horseshit and Obama and the communists have now put out the biggest commie propaganda since Joseph Goebbels told the world the nazis were the good guys.

I report.  You decide.

BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. - Page 2 HystericallyLaughingmanandboy
It has to sting a little, Markle, finding out that Al Gore has been correct all along and proven you to be a bit of a dunce, LOL
sorry yella,

you can buy this political bunch of hog wash that YOU and ME are responsible for the earths changes if you want. Most intelligent persons understand this is political robbery.

climate change is natural.

I don't know how many times we have all had this conversation. There is evidence from good scientist, and the most logical evidence that doesn't even need a scientist. its called history. You should read up on the little ice age too. looks like we are headed for another.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Someone also needs to explain this: Antarctica was once covered in a tropical rainforest, where temperatures reached a balmy 70 degrees F during the day.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/03/from-leafy-to-lifeless-tropical-rainforest-once-covered-antarctica/

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Someone also needs to explain this: Antarctica was once covered in a tropical rainforest, where temperatures reached a balmy 70 degrees F during the day.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/03/from-leafy-to-lifeless-tropical-rainforest-once-covered-antarctica/
I think at some point we just have to come to the conclusion that some people will believe what ever the gov and their cronies tell them.

How do you get these kinds of people to break out of their spell?

Good luck here trying lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
I think at some point we just have to come to the conclusion that some people will believe what ever the gov and their cronies tell them.

Excellent observation. Some worship a republican government and some worship a democrat government.
Not much different than some worship one pro wrastlin tag team and some worship the other.

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:
Yella wrote:
Markle wrote:

I report.  You decide.

sorry yella,

you can buy this political bunch of hog wash that YOU and ME are responsible for the earths changes if you want. Most intelligent persons understand this is political robbery.

climate change is natural.

I don't know how many times we have all had this conversation. There is evidence from good scientist, and the most logical evidence that doesn't even need a scientist. its called history. You should read up on the little ice age too. looks like we are headed for another.
My view is that EVERYBODY has his price and will say or do anything if that price is met. For instance: a scientist hired by a major fossil fuel corporation is told by the CEO to write an essay declaring the temperature change  
IS NOT contributed to by human negligence. The scientist refuses until he is reminded of his salary that is needed to maintain a huge home, two kids in college, cars, a boat, and a trophy wife and her needs. It becomes a no brainer, I apologize for the 'dunce' remark.Thar was uncalled for.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

VectorMan

VectorMan

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Someone also needs to explain this: Antarctica was once covered in a tropical rainforest, where temperatures reached a balmy 70 degrees F during the day.

How do you get these kinds of people to break out of their spell?

Good luck here trying lol
When the so-called "scientists" get caught lying about data, they lose all credibility in my book. What else have they, or will they, lie about?

I used to believe in "global warming", because it WAS warming. Now it isn't.

Humans are nothing more than a blip in the history of this planet. Then look at the gases and ashes volcanoes spew during eruptions, and our blip becomes even smaller.

It's all about money and the libtards want to spend it on global social experiments.

Chrissy, about the "spell" some people are under............you can't wake someone pretending to be asleep.

BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. - Page 2 Gw-al-gore-fire1

Y'all want some climate change? Be careful what you wish for...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas

PkrBum wrote:Y'all want some climate change? Be careful what you wish for...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younger_Dryas
I don't want climate change. I want something even more elusive. Lust from men or women on the Pensacola Discussion forum fl Wink 

I'm starting to think we might all freeze before that happens LOL

&

LOL

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Also, there is a reason Greenland has the name it does. It wasn't always covered in ice.
The Vikings colonized Greenland in order to expand their empire as well as to replenish their ships on their way to North America. They were not there for just a few years. Their colonies began in the 10th century and ended sometime in the late 15th Century.

Must have been when they quit using all those coal fired power plants around the world after the mandates of President Barack Hussein Obama and Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore or their forefathers.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Also, there is a reason Greenland has the name it does. It wasn't always covered in ice.
The Vikings colonized Greenland in order to expand their empire as well as to replenish their ships on their way to North America.  They were not there for just a few years.  Their colonies began in the 10th century and ended sometime in the late 15th Century.  

Must have been when they quit using all those coal fired power plants around the world after the mandates of President Barack Hussein Obama and Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore or their forefathers.
In fact, Greenland was very habitabal for 500 years, between 800 and 1300 AD. According to the Wikipedia article, The climate was warm enough for the inhabitants to grow barley up to the 70th parallel, which is about 750 miles inland from Greenland's southern tip. That area is solid ice now. What caused global warming between 800 and 1300? Oil would not be discovered for another 500 years, coal was not used then, and the industrial revolution was centuries away.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
The Vikings colonized Greenland in order to expand their empire as well as to replenish their ships on their way to North America.  They were not there for just a few years.  Their colonies began in the 10th century and ended sometime in the late 15th Century.  

In fact, Greenland was very habitabal for 500 years, between 800 and 1300 AD. According to the Wikipedia article, The climate was warm enough for the inhabitants to grow barley up to the 70th parallel, which is about 750 miles inland from Greenland's southern tip. That area is solid ice now. What caused global warming between 800 and 1300? Oil would not be discovered for another 500 years, coal was not used then, and the industrial revolution was centuries away.
That should be a interesting topic. But I doubt the "believers" care to examine it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum