Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scientists Blame California Dought on Climate Change...what else is new?

+2
KarlRove
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

What else is new? Maybe there's some truth to the rumors?

Scientists Blamed California Drought On Climate Change

Actually...the head line was:

Flashback 1976: Scientists Blamed California Drought On Global Cooling

Michael Bastasch
3:29 PM 05/04/2015

California was stuck in a deep drought during Gov. Jerry Brown’s first term, much like the one the state is currently going through. The only difference is that global cooling, not warming, was blamed for causing drought in the late 1970s.

In 1976, the New York Times reported that California was “so dry, brush fires have started several weeks early” and that “water is being rationed.” But in the 1970s, scientists blamed this drought on global cooling.

The Times reported that climatologists “believe that the climate has moved into a cooling cycle, which means highly erratic weather for decades to come.” Scientists worried that the world’s population had gotten so high that minor “shifts in climate could be catastrophic.”

During the 1970s, some climate scientists were warning that the world was undergoing a cooling phase which could plummet the globe into another ice age. At the first Earth Day in 1970, ecologist Kenneth Watt warned that another ice age was on the way.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/flashback-1976-scientists-blamed-california-drought-on-global-cooling/

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yes, when they won't recognize their own failure to regulate the natural resources God gave them in an attempt to save smelt ( a freakin' fish ), they have to make up fantasy.

2seaoat

Please show me where a consensus of Scientist believed from data that the earth was going through a cooling cycle. They did not. A handful of so called scientist theorized the same and they got some publicity, but consensus of Scientist was NEVER that we were entering a cooling period. Even today out of thousands of scientist who agree that the science is certain in regard to global warming, you can find one person who may deny the same and an article is written........will forty years later somebody argue that there was consensus among scientist that global warming was not happening......of course not, it would take an idiot to reach that conclusion. I rest my case.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

What the debate is really about, is whether we should continue to use fossil fuels, including coal, and fracked oil, which pump pollutants into the sky, and in the case of fracking, into the ground as well. There is no question that fracking causes massive amounts of toxic pollutants to be pumped into subterranean layers, fouling freshwater aquifers and sometimes causing earthquakes.

The anti-climate change folks are shills for the big fuel companies, whose only drive forward is for profit, no matter who or how many innocents suffer ... or even die.

The center of the debate is all about whether profits for the ultra rich are more or less important than a cleaner environment, health and human lives.

Semi-Sane Markle and his idiot follower both support the right of the ultra rich to suck profits no matter how it damages the rest of us.

Consider: even if global warming cannot be diminished by decreasing the use of fossil fuels, the development of alternative, cleaner (and cheaper) energy sources would be beneficial to all the species on earth, including ours. Guess who's using its great wealth to stall and even outlaw the development and use of non-fossil forms of energy . . .

Right. The same bloodsuckers Semi-sane "I KNOW NOSSING!" Markle and his brainless side-kick worship.

It's good to know your enemies
!

Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power. Benito Mussolini

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Please show me where a consensus of Scientist believed from data that the earth was going through a cooling cycle.  They did not.  A handful of so called scientist theorized the same and they got some publicity, but consensus of Scientist was NEVER that we were entering a cooling period.  Even today out of thousands of scientist who agree that the science is certain in regard to global warming, you can find one person who may deny the same and an article is written........will forty years later somebody argue that there was consensus among scientist that global warming was not happening......of course not, it would take an idiot to reach that conclusion.  I rest my case.

When a consensus began to be the deciding factor in science, I have no clue. The meaning of it even less. Regardless.

Scientists Blame California Dought on Climate Change...what else is new? TimeIceAgeCover-1

You are a terrific foil, thanks so much!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Please show me where a consensus of Scientist believed from data that the earth was going through a cooling cycle.  They did not.  A handful of so called scientist theorized the same and they got some publicity, but consensus of Scientist was NEVER that we were entering a cooling period.  Even today out of thousands of scientist who agree that the science is certain in regard to global warming, you can find one person who may deny the same and an article is written........will forty years later somebody argue that there was consensus among scientist that global warming was not happening......of course not, it would take an idiot to reach that conclusion.  I rest my case.

When a consensus began to be the deciding factor in science, I have no clue.  The meaning of it even less.  Regardless.

Scientists Blame California Dought on Climate Change...what else is new? TimeIceAgeCover-1

That was then, this is now. And at one time, all of science believed the sun orbited the earth ... reality.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

When a consensus began to be the deciding factor in science, I have no clue.  The meaning of it even less.  Regardless.

That was then, this is now.  And at one time, all of science believed the sun orbited the earth ...   reality.

THANK YOU, for supporting the fact that "Global Warming" is, and has been, a massive fraud to make your buds, the top 1% even richer.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

That was then, this is now.  And at one time, all of science believed the sun orbited the earth ...   reality.

THANK YOU, for supporting the fact that "Global Warming" is, and has been, a massive fraud to make your buds, the top 1% even richer.

Sure. The Koch Bros. are responsible for creating and promoting the idea of Global Warming. And hot is cold, and up is down, and wet is dry! ...

2seaoat

A pedestrian pop magazine has one article about a minority view that the world was cooling, and the climate deniers today grab the exception and try to convince us that was the scientific consensus. It was not, and again I ask you to prove your assertions. We know you are a paid shill for the dark side, and probably one of the folks funded by the Koch brothers, but at least do a better job with your research......by the way time magazine had Hitler as the person of the year......are you now going to post that Americans loved Hitler and held him in high esteem......Bat Chit crazy.....

Markle

Markle

In those years, Time magazine, as you know, was one of the top news magazines in the country.

Like web sites today, they reported the news of the time. As you know too, that was just as accepted then as Global Warming was before it was proven a fraud.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's an easy way to decide whether we're having global warming or we're having global cooling.
Just total up the number of liberal scientists/politicians/media personalities.  And then total up the number of conservative scientists/politicians/media personalities.
If there are more liberal scientists/politicians/media personalities then we're having global warming.  If the number of conservative scientists/politicians/media personalities is larger,  then we're having global cooling.

I hope we find an equal number on both sides.  Because personally,  I prefer global warming for the winter,  and global cooling for the summer. They call that Hawaii weather.

2seaoat

Science like the law has some fundamental tenets. It is good to know that so many become experts in both and ignore those tenets.....or probably fail to grasp the most elementary tenets. The time magazine article which the bat chit crazy folks always reference was NOT scientific consensus, rather a magazine reporting on a theory of a handful of scientist:

A survey of peer-reviewed scientific papers published between 1965 and 1979 shows that the large majority of research at the time predicted that the earth would warm as carbon-dioxide levels rose — as indeed it has. And some of those global-cooling projections were based on the idea that aerosol levels in the atmosphere — which are a product of air pollution from sources like coal burning and which contribute to cooling by deflecting sunlight in the atmosphere — would keep rising. But thanks to environmental legislation like the Clean Air Acts, global air-pollution levels — not including greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide — peaked in the 1970s and began declining.

The best part and consistent with Mr. Markle's continued lies and distortions......the cover of time he posted here is a fake.....surprise.....surprise......and of course Bob on the fence is trying desparately to balance absolute crap propaganda and real science as if there is any balance.

http://science.time.com/2013/06/06/sorry-a-time-magazine-cover-did-not-predict-a-coming-ice-age/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:and of course Bob on the fence is trying desparately to balance absolute crap propaganda and real science as if there is any balance.

No,  I just want hawaii weather for the panhandle.  Just like the weather we're having right now.  And just like the weather we have in a short period in the fall.  Except I want it year-round.  
So the way I figure it,  the only real scientists are the ones who believe in both global warming and global cooling. That way my heating and cooling bill will be next to nothing, same as hawaii.

2seaoat

So the way I figure it, the only real scientists are the ones who believe in both global warming and global cooling.

Notice you are having difficulty finding your keys lately?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

Notice you are having difficulty finding your keys lately?

You must be psychic. Last Sunday I went to the t&w flea market in my Prius.
After I parked and bought my groceries and produce and it was heavy carrying it around, I decided to take it back to the car before I finished shopping.
When I got to the car I no longer had my keys in my pocket.
So I went looking for a friend at the flea market to take me home to get another car key.
But I couldn't find him so I went back to the car. This time I saw the keys lying on the passenger seat and the driver door was locked.
As you know being a Prius owner, the Prius is designed not to let you lock the doors when the key fob is still inside the car.
But this time it got weird. I had been able to lock the driver door with the key fob still inside, but since the passenger door was not shut completely, it was still unlocked.
So I was able to open that door and retrieve the keys.

2seaoat

I thought you traded the Prius in for a van? Or did you forget you told us that, and you were trying to put your groceries into someone's car? Was the other Prius at least the same color as your former Prius?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I thought you traded the Prius in for a van?   Or did you forget you told us that, and you were trying to put your groceries into someone's car?  Was the other Prius at least the same color as your former Prius?

I told you I traded in my Toyota Tundra pickup to buy the minivan.  I still own the Prius.

By the way for anyone in the market for a used minivian,  here's a little secret. The Kia Sedona made between 07 and 12 is the best bang for the buck in a minivan.  Very well engineered vehicles.
I bought a 2012 with 10k miles on it for $15k.  A comparable Toyota or Honda minivan would have cost ten grand more.  And would come with less warranty.
The Kia has a 6 year/50k bumper to bumper and 10 year/100k powertrain warranty.
But stay away from the ones made prior to 2007.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

My daughter is out in Fresno, CA visiting my sister and other relatives of ours. She was complaining about how rainy it is out there this week. I told her they need every drop they can get, and not to complain. Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum