Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS: Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity.

+4
knothead
Sal
Markle
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world/climate-change-report/

Okay now let's turn on Steve Doocy and Ross Limbaugh and Dick Morris and Brother Carl to give us the REAL news.  That this is all a bunch of anti-american horseshit and Obama and the communists have now put out the biggest commie propaganda since Joseph Goebbels told the world the nazis were the good guys.

I report.  You decide.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/world/climate-change-report/

Okay now let's turn on Steve Doocy and Ross Limbaugh and Dick Morris and Brother Carl to give us the REAL news.  That this is all a bunch of anti-american horseshit and Obama and the communists have now put out the biggest commie propaganda since Joseph Goebbels told the world the nazis were the good guys.

I report.  You decide.
Cute try, but that's not what the report states.

BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Last edited by Markle on 9/27/2013, 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think it's all funny as hell too. But of course I won't be alive in 2050 and even I was I wouldn't have a home or an investment on Miami Beach, most of which will be underwater by then.
And since Ross Limbaugh don't have no children to will his $50 million house to on the water on the barrier island of Palm Beach, it won't matter to him neither.
We'll both be food for worms and totally forgotten by then.

5BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. Empty I report...you decide 9/27/2013, 7:22 am

Markle

Markle

Updated September 17, 2013, 3:16 p.m. ET
Dialing Back the Alarm on Climate Change

A forthcoming report points lowers estimates on global warming

By MATT RIDLEY

Later this month, a long-awaited event that last happened in 2007 will recur. Like a returning comet, it will be taken to portend ominous happenings. I refer to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) "fifth assessment report," part of which will be published on Sept. 27.

There have already been leaks from this 31-page document, which summarizes 1,914 pages of scientific discussion, but thanks to a senior climate scientist, I have had a glimpse of the key prediction at the heart of the document. The big news is that, for the first time since these reports started coming out in 1990, the new one dials back the alarm. It states that the temperature rise we can expect as a result of man-made emissions of carbon dioxide is lower than the IPCC thought in 2007.

Admittedly, the change is small, and because of changing definitions, it is not easy to compare the two reports, but retreat it is. It is significant because it points to the very real possibility that, over the next several generations, the overall effect of climate change will be positive for humankind and the planet.

Specifically, the draft report says that "equilibrium climate sensitivity" (ECS)—eventual warming induced by a doubling of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, which takes hundreds of years to occur—is "extremely likely" to be above 1 degree Celsius (1.8 degrees Fahrenheit), "likely" to be above 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.4 degrees Fahrenheit) and "very likely" to be below 6 degrees Celsius (10.8 Fahrenheit). In 2007, the IPPC said it was "likely" to be above 2 degrees Celsius and "very likely" to be above 1.5 degrees, with no upper limit. Since "extremely" and "very" have specific and different statistical meanings here, comparison is difficult.

Still, the downward movement since 2007 is clear, especially at the bottom of the "likely" range. The most probable value (3 degrees Celsius last time) is for some reason not stated this time.

A more immediately relevant measure of likely warming has also come down: "transient climate response" (TCR)—the actual temperature change expected from a doubling of carbon dioxide about 70 years from now, without the delayed effects that come in the next century. The new report will say that this change is "likely" to be 1 to 2.5 degrees Celsius and "extremely unlikely" to be greater than 3 degrees. This again is lower than when last estimated in 2007 ("very likely" warming of 1 to 3 degrees Celsius, based on models, or 1 to 3.5 degrees, based on observational studies).

Most experts believe that warming of less than 2 degrees Celsius from preindustrial levels will result in no net economic and ecological damage. Therefore, the new report is effectively saying (based on the middle of the range of the IPCC's emissions scenarios) that there is a better than 50-50 chance that by 2083, the benefits of climate change will still outweigh the harm.

Read more:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324549004579067532485712464.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here is how Fox News outlines the new IPCC report which was released to the public just three hours ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/27/key-findings-ipcc-report-on-climate-change/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And, for the counterpoint, here's a list of the scientists who deny climate change either exists or if it exists deny that it's man-made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

As I said, I report, you decide.

Now let's all choose up sides and take either the democrat position or the republican position.

Ready, set, go....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Al Gore cartoon was too big for it's britches. So you can see it here.

http://www.generationjoshua.org/dnn/Portals/0/Contests/Political%20Cartoons%202007/Brown%20Cartoon.jpg

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So here's the bottom line on this.

Either the climate change'ers are right or the climate change deny'ers are right.

The only way for any of us peons swallowing up all this media on climate change to ever know who was right is to live another 50 to 100 years.
So unless medical science figures out how to stop the aging process PDQ (or Evermans starts selling some treated wheat germ or something to do it), frankly I don't give a shit.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
So unless medical science figures out how to stop the aging process PDQ (or Evermans starts selling some treated wheat germ or something to do it),  frankly I don't give a shit.
If that ain't the baby boomer mantra in a nutshell, I don't know what is.

"We got ours, fuck the rest of humanity".

Worst generation EVAR.

I don't care about the political agenda side of it.

its just a lie to redistribute your funds.

man made global warming does not exist.

Notice how they don't use the term "global warming" anymore?

You should, because that no longer fits their agenda because its not happening.

Here's a interesting information article.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/global-warming-or-the-new-ice-age-fear-of-the-big-freeze/30336

But Im sure many here wont mind paying a little extra to those under developed nations or to your electric bills etc to save the planet and make those people richer, right?

But what we really need to do is remove that scary green house gas thing called water vapor. What a Face 

but what to do, oh no what to do. we need to scare the cash out of peoples wallets.

Ya'll have fun with this. Ill be laughing for now till they come to take the rest of my paycheck away.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:
So unless medical science figures out how to stop the aging process PDQ (or Evermans starts selling some treated wheat germ or something to do it),  frankly I don't give a shit.
If that ain't the baby boomer mantra in a nutshell, I don't know what is.

"We got ours, fuck the rest of humanity".

Worst generation EVAR.
I hate to have to admit it,  Sal,  but your opinion of the boomer generation,  and your willingness to express it,  is the thing I most admire about you.  And it's also something you and I can agree about.   lol

p.s.  in defense of my generation,  what member of the "greatest generation" or even your generation for that matter,  is honest enough to say what I just did about my own generation?   lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:I don't care about the political agenda side of it.

its just a lie to redistribute your funds.

If it's "a lie to redistribute your funds",  then it's also a "political agenda",  Chrissy.  lol

p.s. I have to leave for the garage sales. Back later to read how this thread develops. lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:So here's the bottom line on this.

Either the climate change'ers are right or the climate change deny'ers are right.

The only way for any of us peons swallowing up all this media on climate change to ever know who was right is to live another 50 to 100 years.
Yeah, that's why you ran off six posts in your silly little rant.

BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. Animatedlaughter

You're living in a parallel universe if you think Miami Beach is going to be under water in 37 years.  Maybe 370 but oh...wait, it's been in a plateau for 15 years and the Arctic ice cap has increased by 60%...geee...all that water being FROZEN.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Bob wrote:  frankly I don't give a shit.
Yeah, that's why you ran off six posts in your silly little rant.

BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. Animatedlaughter

You're living in a parallel universe if you think Miami Beach is going to be under water in 37 years.  Maybe 370 but oh...wait, it's been in a plateau for 15 years and the Arctic ice cap has increased by 60%...geee...all that water being FROZEN.
You misunderstood me,  Mr. Markel.  I don't give a shit about which side of this argument is right because there is no way for me to know which side of this argument is right.  You and Sal and Ross Limbo and Al Gore are the ones who absolutely know which side is right.  I don't.
SO,  I don't give a shit about something which is impossible for me to know.

BUT,  I do give a shit about the entertainment value of the whole thing.  It entertains me immensely.  And that's why I love to think about it and write about it.  Not because I'm a true believer like you and Sal and Russ and Al.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What I do give a shit about is finding shit dirt cheap at yard sales (that's one of the things which makes me so evil as a "baby boomer").
And this morning the yard sales let me down, goddamnit.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Watch this, Mr. Markle, and tell it to them, not me.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2013/09/27/dnt-myers-climate-change-miami-sea-levels.cnn

Sal

Sal

I don't give a shit what Al Gore or Rush Limbaugh say.

I'll side with the scientific consensus.

The inability to recognize or acknowledge that consensus is where the real sophistry lies.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:I don't give a shit what Al Gore or Rush Limbaugh say.

I'll side with the scientific consensus.

The inability to recognize or acknowledge that consensus is where the real sophistry lies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/10294082/Global-warming-No-actually-were-cooling-claim-scientists.html

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Watch this,  Mr. Markle,  and tell it to them,  not me.
cnnhttp://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2013/09/27/dnt-myers-climate-change-miami-sea-levels.cnn[/url][/color]
BREAKING NEWS:  Thousands of the world's top climate scientists issue report stating emphatically that climate change is happening and it is caused by human activity. AnimatedLaughterPink

If YOU listened to that joke you would have heard it says SOME SCIENTISTS .

This is the same as say IF frogs had wings they wouldn't keep bumping their ass when they hit the ground!

Face it, when the EAU scandal hit the fan, the Global Warming Scam went down the drain.

Do you recall Al "Snake Oil Salesman" Gore telling us the water level was going up 20'?  Then he bought a waterfront home in California.

Last edited by Markle on 9/28/2013, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

If there were going to be a serious event upon earth... the data and both the collection of and analysis of it would be transparent. Critical review would be encouraged... that is consensus. The fact is that is not the case... we've been in a warming trend for 12k years.

What I've gathered from the ipcc report so far are greater warnings... with less verifiable data. I've seen the discounting of the last 15 years... with a greater emphasis on the last sixty. The sixty compared to the millennia... the fifteen irrelevant to the sixty. Go figure.

knothead

knothead

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I thought that global warming was indisputable, true? What I thought was in dispute in the scientific community was whether that fact was man made or a natural occurrence, amarite?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Anyone notice the chemtrails have stopped....must have given up trying to warm up the earth to collect their lying carbon tax.....ha Gore can KMA.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:If there were going to be a serious event upon earth... the data and both the collection of and analysis of it would be transparent. Critical review would be encouraged... that is consensus. The fact is that is not the case... we've been in a warming trend for 12k years.

What I've gathered from the ipcc report so far are greater warnings... with less verifiable data. I've seen the discounting of the last 15 years... with a greater emphasis on the last sixty. The sixty compared to the millennia... the fifteen irrelevant to the sixty. Go figure.
I will agree with you that there is hardly a consensus on man-made climate change, except perhaps with those who are pushing the issue. Critical review would help their case; especially since they are proposing very radical solutions to what they perceive to be a problem. One climate change proponent surmised that most of the world's remaining oil supplies needs to stay in the ground to turn back the clock on GHG emissions. A worthy concept only if you are willing to starve about 2/3 of current humans to death. World food production is very closely tied to fossil fuels; unfortunate, but true.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum