Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It is law; can we give it chance?

+4
Markle
Joanimaroni
stormwatch89
Jake92
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

The PPACA has been law for a couple years, now.  The opposition's propaganda machine is in fifth gear, going strong.  Ted Cruz is about to lose his mind over this thing: and it really has not even started, yet.
Initial reports say that the law will work, if given a chance.

Read for yourself: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57604498/premiums-on-obamacare-marketplaces-beat-expectations-report-shows/

Why not give it a chance?  If it does not work, then all you ultra-conservatives can blame Obama for the rest of your lives.
Tell me, would anything make you happier?
Thanks for your time.

Let's see if I have this right... Obama grants corporations a one year reprieve... but edicts that we start now.

CarlSagan wrote:The PPACA has been law for a couple years, now.  The opposition's propaganda machine is in fifth gear, going strong.  Ted Cruz is about to lose his mind over this thing: and it really has not even started, yet.

Read for yourself: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57604498/premiums-on-obamacare-marketplaces-beat-expectations-report-shows/

Why not give it a chance?  If it does not work, then all you ultra-conservatives can blame Obama for the rest of your lives.
Thanks for your time.
Nobody wanted the law that's why it needs to go. It was a partisan bill passed by a partisan Congress and no other way would it get to where it is today. If it was so good, then why has the POTUS amended it over 14 times and exempted so many? Why, if it is so good, doesn't the POTUS and Congress take this healthcare plan as their own? Again it was shoved down the throat of the people and not one person who voted for it and the POTUS who signed it, knew what was in the bill. Isn't that what we sue doctors for and call it malpractice? yes.

4It is law; can we give it chance? Empty Election of 2012 9/26/2013, 7:33 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:The PPACA has been law for a couple years, now.  The opposition's propaganda machine is in fifth gear, going strong.  Ted Cruz is about to lose his mind over this thing: and it really has not even started, yet.

Thanks for your time.
Nobody wanted the law that's why it needs to go. It was a partisan bill passed by a partisan Congress and no other way would it get to where it is today. If it was so good, then why has the POTUS amended it over 14 times and exempted so many? Why, if it is so good, doesn't the POTUS and Congress take this healthcare plan as their own? Again it was shoved down the throat of the people and not one person who voted for it and the POTUS who signed it, knew what was in the bill. Isn't that what we sue doctors for and call it malpractice? yes.
Let us start with the first sentence in bold, shall we?
During the National Presidential Election of 2012, voters could choose:
Obama and the PPACA, or Mitt and No PPACA.
The voters chose Obama. Stop saying nobody wanted it, because it is not true.

Second bold sentence: We do not know how good or bad it is. It has not really kicked in, yet.  You are condemning it before we see if it works, or not.  I know you are accustomed to being premature......

Third bold sentence: let me help you with your confusion on this.
mal·prac·tice[mal-prak-tis]
noun
1.Law. failure of a professional person, as a physician or lawyer, to render proper services through reprehensible ignorance or negligence or through criminal intent, especially when injury or loss follows.
2.any improper, negligent practice; misconduct or misuse.
See, many lawyers are politicians, but malpractice really only applies to doctors practicing medicine and lawyers practicing law.

Like I said: Give it a chance to work before condemning it.

What happens if the young refuse to participate? I wouldn't... rising cost of college... rising student loan rates... rising cost of living... rising cost of transportation... rising taxes... etc. I'd say screw you old farts. If you wanted something... pay for it.

Jake92

I along with a lot of others I talked to would suppoort it when every one of the exempted politicians are covered under the same exact LAW.. PERIOD
Congress shall not pass ANY law they are not REQUIRED to follow...

Spin it Carl, but voting for Obama was no mandate for a law that is crap.

It's already failed Carl by creating a permanent class of PT workers. How is the economy ever going to recover with part-time wages?

Perhaps it is supposed to devolve into chaos?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Thanks for your time.
In all honesty, odumbass doesn't have the legal right to amend it in any way, he has been illegally adjusting it to suit whatever came about, which is its just a big huge crazy overwhelming even bigger than when we had medicare and Medicaid invented BILL. and you know medicare and Medicaid are so cost efficient. not

11It is law; can we give it chance? Empty You spin it...... 9/26/2013, 8:41 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Spin it Carl, but voting for Obama was no mandate for a law that is crap.
No spin, p-dog.
Americans had a simple choice in the last election.
Obama and the PPACA, or Mitt and NO PPACA.
We chose Obama and the PPACA.
Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
Thanks for reading my post.

Jake92

It's another LAW the politicians are exempt from because they have something better..........

CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Spin it Carl, but voting for Obama was no mandate for a law that is crap.
No spin, p-dog.
Americans had a simple choice in the last election.
Obama and the PPACA, or Mitt and NO PPACA.
We chose Obama and the PPACA.
Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
Thanks for reading my post.
We have put on our adult pants and adults don't continue to spend money that they do not have. Nobody wants Obamacare. Over 52% of the country wants it gone. Obama was also reelected and lost the house that represents America in numbers of citizens by state and controls the purse strings of the economy. So with your logic, that means America is against Obamacare by electing people that would vote in enough numbers to stop its enactment. Deal with it and put your Pampers on...

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

The sad truth is we'll never get rid of it now.

Soon, people will expect it just as they do other government programs and surely it will be every bit as efficiently run.

More control over the masses, roll over, Rover.

I want Obamacare and the politicians are not exempt from it. There are few people on this forum that really know what it is about. I am keeping my same health insurance as are millions of other people. Mine has not gone up one iota and the people who's policy has can go on the exchange and barter for another one cheaper. Simple as that.Competition.

Dreamsglore wrote:I want Obamacare and the politicians are not exempt from it. There are few people on this forum that really know what it is about. I am keeping my same health insurance as are millions of other people. Mine has not gone up one iota and the people who's policy has can go on the exchange and barter for another one cheaper. Simple as that.Competition.
It is law; can we give it chance? Th?id=H.4610287805596577&w=104&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Not carrying insurance was part of the competition process also. It was telling the insurance companies, that government is now in bed with with their individual mandate, that people were unwilling to buy the product at that price.

If you're so set on competition then let's do some immigration reform also and allow skilled labor as ready an access to this country as unskilled labor and accept their degrees in whatever skill they trained in. We could use a lot more doctors, nurses, teachers, technicians, etc... etc... etc... in this county.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/27/2013, 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:I want Obamacare and the politicians are not exempt from it. There are few people on this forum that really know what it is about. I am keeping my same health insurance as are millions of other people. Mine has not gone up one iota and the people who's policy has can go on the exchange and barter for another one cheaper. Simple as that.Competition.
I just saw this today in the Gulf Breeze news.

Insurance rates stun school employees
By Pam Brannon Gulf Breeze News news@gulfbreezenews.com

Insurance is a major challenge for individuals, families, and businesses these days – and could prove to be even more challenging in the next few years. This year employees of the Santa Rosa County School District found their coverage and premiums will be changing for the 2014 school year, with some premiums going up a lot and some going down a lot – depending on which coverage options the employee chooses. “For 2013 we offered four plans for employees to choose from. But for 2014 we will only offer two choices, which we realize makes many families have to make some maybe difficult decisions for next year,” said Karen Retherford, Santa Rosa County School District administrator overseeing employee insurance.

Retherford explained that the school district has an insurance committee that looks at insurance options and costs each year. The committee is made up of 10 employees of the district, including teachers, bus drivers, educational support – both white collar and blue collar representatives. “They review plans and make recommendations to the school board each year,” she said.

This year the district decided to go out for bids for insurance coverage for their employees. She said the recommendation from the committee to the board was to go with Florida Blue, which was formerly Blue Cross / Blue Shield.

“Currently, for 2013, we offer four programs – two PPO’s and two Health Savings Accounts with higher deductibles. But for 2014 we are reducing the number of plans being offered to our employees from four plans to two, with one PPO plan and one high deductible HSA plan”., Retherford said. “For 2014 we will have an increase in premium costs of 7.48 percent, which is the lowest premium increase I have seen in the none years I have worked here. We were very pleased with such a low premium increase.”

With the HSA (Health Savings Account) plan the employee receives a debit card so health costs can be deducted directly from the account – it is not a reimbursement account, as some companies are now offering their employees. There are higher deductibles than with the PPO accounts.

The school district will also contribute to the Health Savings Account each year $1,000 for the single filer, and $2000 for the family plan HSA. “If the employee does not use it during the year, that money rolls over to the next year, when there is another $1,000 or $2,000 added again. And if they leave the school district, the money is theirs to use whenever – it goes with them,” Retherford said. “That will be an increase for the family plan HSA, since this year the board contributes $1500 instead of $2,000.”

“The biggest issue the insurance committee and school board was concerned about was that the district be paying each employee the same amount toward their insurance,and they realized that has not been happening.” she said. “The PPO coverage costs more, for both the district and the employees, so the district ends up paying more to those who choose to go with a PPO instead of the HSA. That did not seem fair to the employees who decided to go with the HSA. The committee basically said why pay some employees $3,800 more a year because they decide, on their own, to pay for the PPO plan?”

Next year the single filer who goes with the higher deductible HSA account will pay $26 a month. Since the entire premium cost for that person is $404.16, the district will pay the rest. Then if that employee will do an annual Biometric screening and a completion of a health assessment, the district will give the employee a $20 discount certificate, so the employee will pay $6 a year.

The family HSA plan total premium will be $1006.52, with the employee cost being $352 – with no restriction on how many children in the family are covered. The district will pay the remainder $654.52 per family.

For PPO’s, however, there is no account set up for an annual contribution from the district. “Since we are paying $1,000 for single filers and $2,000 for family plan holders in the HSA accounts, the committee wanted to make it fair for PPO account holders, too. So they broke down what the annual contribution for HSA accounts would be per month, and the PPO filers will get an additional $166.67 per month contribution – in addition to the per month premium fees they pay – to the PPO accounts.”

The increase in the PPO premiums will go from $1646 total premium currently, to $1769.97 next year for family plans, and the single filers total premium would go from $527.79 to $567.29.

So for 2013, with the family plan PPO accounts the employee’s cost is $723.09 and the district pays $923.64.

Gulf Breeze High mat teacher George McCormick sent an email to his fellow teachers last week in response to the district’s latest memo concerning the change in insurance next year. He wrote: “For over 40 years, I have fortunate to be able to participate in a traditional Blue Cross/Blue Shield Hospital Insurance Program in several states including Santa Rosa County, Florida. The email we got yesterday basically means most teachers and staff will no longer be able to afford the basic PPO plan most of us have used for years. My particular plan increased from $339 a month to $678, a 100 percent raise in one year starting in January. Since my wife works in Santa Rosa County, we have the two employee family plan. However if your spouse does not work in the county, your month rates just went up to a skyrocketing $945 a month next year or $11,340 a year which most teachers and staff cannot afford. If an average staff member brings home about $1500 a month and an average teacher brings home about $2500 a month after taxes, you would be paying almost about half or more of your salary for your basic PPO plan you had last year.”

Retherford said the union contracts with both teachers and blue collar workers in the district require the school district to pay 94 percent of the total premium cost for single insurance filers, and 65 percent of the premium for the family plans. If there are two employees in a family working for the school district, the contract says the district will pay 92 percent of the family’s total premium.

“It is tough for insurance companies to even give us a cost in a bid because we have to guess how many employee will pick each plan,” Retherford said. “if we only have two plans instead of four being offered, it is easier to get those bids.

“Our board’s share of the insurance costs for its employees is about $11.7 million for 2013. For 2014 it looks like the cost to the district to pay the premiums

Markle

Markle

CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Thanks for your time.

Second bold sentence: We do not know how good or bad it is. It has not really kicked in, yet.  You are condemning it before we see if it works, or not.  I know you are accustomed to being premature......

noun
1.Law. failure of a professional person, as a physician or lawyer, to render proper services through reprehensible ignorance or negligence or through criminal intent, especially when injury or loss follows.
See, many lawyers are politicians, but malpractice really only applies to doctors practicing medicine and lawyers practicing law.

As you well know, the voters have never wanted ObamaCare. Since before it was passed until today the majority of voters do not want it and never did. It was passed ONLY with bribes, payoffs and, most likely blackmail.

THOSE are the facts. We do not want ObamaCare. It is further trashing the our health care and further destroying our economy.

Why is that something you demand? A collapsing America.

Obamacare sucks just like as does its namesake

Markle wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Thanks for your time.

noun

As you well know, the voters have never wanted ObamaCare.  Since before it was passed until today the majority of voters do not want it and never did.  It was passed ONLY with bribes, payoffs and, most likely blackmail.

THOSE are the facts.  We do not want ObamaCare.  It is further trashing the our health care and further destroying our economy.

Why is that something you demand?  A collapsing America.
yes, it was done with bribes, pay offs and I would agree some blackmail too just knowing this admin.

the thing is now, some of those people who got bribed, they're not happy. unions are screaming < lol btw and do you know that a whopping 60% of doctors said they would retire if this was fully implemented? omg, wonder if only half of them were bluffing. bigger trouble than the already low numbers of doctors to cover people. and you know what will happen is that the smartest and brightest wont become doctors, they will become investment bankers lol and then I suppose we could look to the community organizer types such as the acorn staffers to sign up some people from that group as long as we foot the bill and they can work it off in a free clinic. i'm sure this scenario will produce quality physicians.Wink 

Markle

Markle

You haven't seen what those deductibles and co-pays are for those cheaper policies have you?

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Obamacare sucks just like as does its namesake
The name of the law is: "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."
How would you know if Obama sucks??

BTW, The conservatives on here are arguing to keep giving away free healthcare, and not to get all Americans to a doctor on a regular basis to live healthier lives therefore reducing future healthcare costs.

Curious.
Thanks.

knothead

knothead

If you're so set on competition then let's do some immigration reform also and allow skilled labor as ready an access to this country as unskilled labor and accept their degrees in whatever skill they trained in. We could use a lot more doctors, nurses, teachers, technicians, etc... etc... etc... in this county.

I agree with you DE . . . smile . . . . .chuckle . . . . grin . . . . . etc., etc., etc.

Jake92

The VOTING public NEVER had a chance to vote for it or not because it was all completed and passed during the presidents first term in office.... The politicians voting for it said they never readx it and had no idea what it was all about except that the president wanted it so they passed it....

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:The VOTING public NEVER had a chance to vote for it or not because it was all completed and passed during the presidents first term in office....  The politicians voting for it said they never readx it and had no idea what it was all about except that the president wanted it so they passed it....
You missed November 2012?

Obama was surprisingly for Obamacare ....

.... Romney ran on repeal of the same ....

Google the results, genius.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum