Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's now 10 PM Sunday. Only a few more hours till we'll know if this cockamammy scheme works.

+2
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/05/tech/mars-rover-curiosity/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

boards of FL

boards of FL

Definitely interesting.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well I woulda never believed it but it looks like that crazy landing worked flawlessly.
In case you don't already know, here's how the "7 minutes of terror" unfolded...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ_8Md4iK-o

Sal

Sal

Huzzah! cheers

I want to talk about this when i get home Cool

"7 minutes of terror" is a pretty good description of the descent. I read about the design in popular mechanics, very ambitious. Glad it worked!

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's good news for sure.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Before the day is out they've promised to show us actual video of the lander descending to the surface.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Buttman wrote:Before the day is out they've promised to show us actual video of the lander descending to the surface.

That will be cool.

Here is a photo, I guess they took from a satellite, as it floated down with it's chute deployed.

Amazing technology!

It's now 10 PM Sunday.  Only a few more hours till we'll know if this cockamammy scheme works. Curiosity-and-Its-Parachute

Curiosity and its parachute seen descending on Mars. This image was first reported to have been leaked before it was officially released by NASA. (Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Univ. of Arizona)

Slicef18

Slicef18

Whatever wrote:Not worth the 2.5 billion spent.

What is your criteria for making that statement?

12It's now 10 PM Sunday.  Only a few more hours till we'll know if this cockamammy scheme works. Empty give it a rest 8/6/2012, 4:28 pm

Whatever wrote:Not worth the 2.5 billion spent.

why not....?

were the two wars in the middle east worth the lives and treasure we expended....?

our space program has given us an incredible return on our investment, from it's inception.

2.5 billion is walking around money these days.

is there ANY optimistic news you don't try to trash....?

i pity the folk who put up with your malaise on a real time daily basis.

olympic team sets record for gold metal performances.

yeah, well...how much did that cost us, and how much did studer profit?

researcher discovers cure for aids AND cancer.

oh that's just great. now we'll be hip deep in old queers.

obama negotiates historic peace treaty between iran and israel.

see....i told you he is the anti-Christ.

GM has major break through....designs vehicle that runs on water vapor.

that's nice. obama kills oil industry jobs, AND creates a shortage of drinking water.

you + room temp = positive results for the future of the world as we know it.

you make Jesus cry.

VectorMan wrote:
Buttman wrote:Before the day is out they've promised to show us actual video of the lander descending to the surface.

That will be cool.

Here is a photo, I guess they took from a satellite, as it floated down with it's chute deployed.

Amazing technology!

It's now 10 PM Sunday.  Only a few more hours till we'll know if this cockamammy scheme works. Curiosity-and-Its-Parachute

Curiosity and its parachute seen descending on Mars. This image was first reported to have been leaked before it was officially released by NASA. (Image: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Univ. of Arizona)

so they aparently placed a satelite in just the right position to take a picture of the decent.

I must ask this question. People dont get mad at me for asking it. And before I ask it, you got to know, I LOVE ASTRONOMY. I love it so much sometimes I sit for hours just watching SOHO theater. I love it so much my facebook page is set to the background of that photo I captured of a planet(huge comet, something huge) diving behind the sun from SOHO.

ok here goes.

Why do we need to go to mars?

We been there already, we know that life can not excist there. And one thing they ( chinese) were trying to do not long ago and thier craft crashed back to earth was they were trying to put live BACTERIA on mars. This upset me very much.

All hypothesis will be considered. Because I cant figure it out yet. Although I do have some pretty scary ideas on it.

*Secret_Angel* wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

That will be cool.

Amazing technology!

so they aparently placed a satelite in just the right position to take a picture of the decent.

I must ask this question. People dont get mad at me for asking it. And before I ask it, you got to know, I LOVE ASTRONOMY. I love it so much sometimes I sit for hours just watching SOHO theater. I love it so much my facebook page is set to the background of that photo I captured of a planet(huge comet, something huge) diving behind the sun from SOHO.

ok here goes.

We been there already, we know that life can not excist there. And one thing they ( chinese) were trying to do not long ago and thier craft crashed back to earth was they were trying to put live BACTERIA on mars. This upset me very much.

All hypothesis will be considered. Because I cant figure it out yet. Although I do have some pretty scary ideas on it.

as a Scientist, I would hope that you already know why we should to go to Mars. come on chrissy....aren't you curious about the red planet...?

i have a lot of suspicion that Mars was once a thriving planet like Earth. when we deny all possibility of outside influence we deny the existence of "God".

i do not believe in atheism....haweye pierce

thread_bear wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

That will be cool.

Amazing technology!

ok here goes.

as a Scientist, I would hope that you already know why we should to go to Mars. come on chrissy....aren't you curious about the red planet...?

i have a lot of suspicion that Mars was once a thriving planet like Earth. when we deny all possibility of outside influence we deny the existence of "God".

i do not believe in atheism....haweye pierce

yes, Im curious. love this stuff. But this scares me. every since chinas craft crashed carrying bacteria they were going to grow up there, I was like what!

what is the real reason they are going up there. I know. They want to grow some species of ours with mars molcules.

people was are playing with some serious shit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum