Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it still raining there?

+3
Sal
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is it still raining there? Empty Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:01 am

We had what appeared to be a hurricane move through here yesterday.

My oldest son who is visiting insisted on dragging my ass out in it to go fishing. Sad 

While we were out at the spot I go to, I get a call from home saying the water had gotten so high it was seeping into his van lol and I was fully prepared that we might end up walking out of where we were. My thoughts were, well I have good insurance and if we get stuck here over night how am I going to cook this fish for us to eat. realizing the only thing I brought with us was 4 beers and a gallon of tea. I came to the conclusion that I could build a fire and wash off the fish with the tea for extra flavoring because I was not giving up my beer. No 

Anyway, after a couple of hours of being assaulted by this storm, soaking wet, getting my gf's van into a total stinking mess I could see he was ready to be talked into going home. Very Happy So that's when I said, you know............................................. Your mom made a huge pot of limabeans and we can always go fishing again next weekend. He agreed to leave.

On the way home, and seriously he really does drive like he is still driving a tank. He got a lot of protest from me during his driving. I don't drink and drive. But anyway, as we approached the end f my road it was like almost 2 feet deep. I had to look out window to direct him so we didn't drive off in ditch, we have deep hilly ditches here because all the homes are on man made hills.

We made it home. I smelled like a shrimp and looked like a mud fish.Crying or Very sad 

Tip toed to the bathroom where I was directed to ONLY go to and not touch a thing. only to discover something stung me on my thigh. I was sure it was a spider. I did pee in the woods. Embarassed 

took a shower and felt like a ball of shit for the rest of the day.

and I am on my last day of a 4 day weekend and its still yuky outside.

but I have now cleared off a dry spot on the back deck and I am going to make the best of it.

Cheers......

2Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:04 am

Great story Thanks:D 

3Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:07 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and also makes you feel like a shit ball.

4Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:12 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy, you are a trip! Laughing 

5Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:13 am

I love adventures like that... good day when you look back on it... later.

6Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:20 am

Mr Ichi wrote:Great story Thanks:D 
Youre very welcome. I realized I left out a pic of it. Keep in mind these slopes are about 7 ft slopes. This literally was like a river flowing in between all the houses. And this was taken when it calmed down. It was worse than this.

Is it still raining there? <a href=Is it still raining there? River_10" />

I enjoy most when we share our stories.

other than when Im goofing off lol Razz

7Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 10:34 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Chrissy,  you are a trip! Laughing 
Yeh, probably so.

I came back in full "complain" pity me mom mode. and my girls were good to me. I'm still reaping a little bit of that milk Smile 

I just had to move from my newly cleared off place out back to the front. it started pouring again.

btw,,,, all the girls were pleading with me to not go yesterday and I told them they better get whats left of my crazy momma days while they could. Because im getting too old for that shit...

8Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 12:01 pm

Sal

Sal

Is it still raining there? Screen14

We are drenched.

It's been raining pretty much constantly for 36 hours.

By my rain gauge, we've gotten approaching 7".

All the usual rivers and creeks are flooding and the reservoirs are brimming.

We were pretty well saturated before this started, and there's more on the way.

9Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 12:13 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

We've had rain here in Northeast FL but not as much as y'all have had in other parts of the state.

10Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 1:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It's still raining here....but just a drizzle. Last night we had a gulley-washer (whatever the hell that means). Hwy 98 in Navarre was closed for miles due to flooding.

11Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 1:50 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:It's still raining here....but just a drizzle. Last night we had a gulley-washer (whatever the hell that means). Hwy 98 in Navarre was closed for miles due to flooding.
I need Bob to come along and teach me what gully-washer is. Very Happy 

bob?

oh bob?

12Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 2:18 pm

RealLindaL

Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:It's still raining here....but just a drizzle. Last night we had a gulley-washer (whatever the hell that means). Hwy 98 in Navarre was closed for miles due to flooding.
I need Bob to come along and teach me what gully-washer is. Very Happy 

bob?

oh bob?

I always heard it as gully-whumper.   But don't ask me what that is, either.

13Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 2:22 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Gully Washer:
Chiefly Southern term for a heavy rainstorm. A torrential rain that causes ditches to overflow creating flash floods on streets and roadways. A term from the book "Cristie." The hicks in the novel referred to a downpour or tterrible rainstorm as a Gully washer.

14Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 2:23 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

A gully is a ditch...a heavy rain can wash a out the soil and leave a ditch...gully. They been calling them that in W.VA since way before I was born.

15Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 2:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So what is a willie waw .....I' ll use it in a sentence... We had a huge Willie-Waw last night.

16Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 3:07 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:So what is a willie waw .....I' ll use it in a sentence... We had a huge Willie-Waw last night.

Williwaws are violent squalls blowing off mountainous coasts, often with hurricane velocity. They are infamous in the fjordlands of Patagonia Chile, known to rip the masts off ships at anchor.

http://www.williwaw.org/

17Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 3:58 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:So what is a willie waw .....I' ll use it in a sentence... We had a huge Willie-Waw last night.
Williwaws are violent squalls blowing off mountainous coasts, often with hurricane velocity. They are infamous in the fjordlands of Patagonia Chile, known to rip the masts off ships at anchor.  

so what is a willie whacker?

18Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:12 pm

RealLindaL

Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

You people are PRICELESS.   Laughing

19Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:31 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

hiya Linda,

Good to see you back with the group...

Smile 

20Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:39 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:

So, we had a Patagonia Chile experience last night.

21Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:42 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
So, we had a Patagonia Chile experience last night.
Sounds delicious ...

22Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

A predisposition to blindness and tennis elbow.

23Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:46 pm

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

hiya Linda,

Good to see you back with the group...

Smile 
Shut up and go write a poem LOL, We're all happy you didn't float away to the ends of the gulf.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

24Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 4:58 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

25Is it still raining there? Empty Re: Is it still raining there? 9/24/2013, 7:06 pm

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Here in Pensacola a williewaw might be a thug who will rip the tires off your car.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum