Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The LIE about moving out of iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

First of all. Let me say this. Our combat troops are NOT out of iraq. MY son is still there, along with thousands of others.

Not only that, but now the state department is moving in their CIVILIAN troops. And I already showed you how expensive that is.

You decide for yourself if you are being played. Because I know you are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last U.S. combat brigade marched out of Iraq Wednesday, crossing the border into Kuwait and cheering their impending voyages home while posing for group photos.

Only 50,000 American soldiers are to remain in the country -- mainly to keep training Iraqi security forces -- by the end of August. By the end of 2011, the Obama administration and its Iraqi counterparts aim to have all U.S. troops out of the country.

Iraq Withdrawal: What are Non-Combat Troops?

The officials who spoke to The Times, on condition of anonymity, said that as the Pentagon pulls out of Iraq, the State Department is going in -- in force. A White House source told the newspaper a contingent of about 2,400 Department staff would fill offices at the sprawling U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and four additional fortified compounds spread out across the country.

To protect those American staffers, and to form smaller "quick reaction forces," which the sources said would be used to come to the aid of Iraqi civilians caught in dangerous situations (there was no further explanation), State will bring with it into Iraq a small army of its own civilian defense contractors. The plans, which have been drawn up over many months, call for a force of between 6,000 and 7,000 of the controversial hired guns.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20014075-503543.html?tag=cbsnewsSectionsArea;cbsnewsSectionsArea.1

Tis not a lie Chrissy. About 56,000 US soldiers remain in Iraq, with that figure set to drop to 50,000 by September 1, less than a third of the peak level during the "surge" of 2007.

If you read the article it said that the last combat brigade left Iraq, not the last troops. With combat being the key word.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100819/wl_afp/iraqunrestusmilitary

Chrissy8 wrote:First of all. Let me say this. Our combat troops are NOT out of iraq. MY son is still there, along with thousands of others.

Not only that, but now the state department is moving in their CIVILIAN troops. And I already showed you how expensive that is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last U.S. combat brigade marched out of Iraq Wednesday, crossing the border into Kuwait and cheering their impending voyages home while posing for group photos.

Only 50,000 American soldiers are to remain in the country -- mainly to keep training Iraqi security forces -- by the end of August. By the end of 2011, the Obama administration and its Iraqi counterparts aim to have all U.S. troops out of the country.

The officials who spoke to The Times, on condition of anonymity, said that as the Pentagon pulls out of Iraq, the State Department is going in -- in force. A White House source told the newspaper a contingent of about 2,400 Department staff would fill offices at the sprawling U.S. Embassy in Baghdad and four additional fortified compounds spread out across the country.

To protect those American staffers, and to form smaller "quick reaction forces," which the sources said would be used to come to the aid of Iraqi civilians caught in dangerous situations (there was no further explanation), State will bring with it into Iraq a small army of its own civilian defense contractors. The plans, which have been drawn up over many months, call for a force of between 6,000 and 7,000 of the controversial hired guns.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20014075-503543.html?tag=cbsnewsSectionsArea;cbsnewsSectionsArea.1

I agree Chrissy. The "Quick Reaction Forces" are combat troops. And anyone who thinks they are not are full of it. They also help to train others, meet with local government officials and oversee rebuilding projects. All the troops left there are combat ready. They are not paper pushers.

But, I see this as the same as Korea, Germany and Japan. We still have troops in all those countries after the wars ended.

lucretia wrote:

I agree Chrissy. The "Quick Reaction Forces" are combat troops. And anyone who thinks they are not are full of it. They also help to train others, meet with local government officials and oversee rebuilding projects. All the troops left there are combat ready. They are not paper pushers.

But, I see this as the same as Korea, Germany and Japan. We still have troops in all those countries after the wars ended.

Lucretia, I am in no way saying that the troops that remain in Iraq are not combat ready. What I am saying is that the designation of "combat troops" is no longer applicable to those that remain. Yes they are still in harm's way and my prayers go out to them daily.

I believe what they are referring to units that are specifically designated as combat brigades. This is no way detracts from the mission of those that remain.

lucretia wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:First of all. Let me say this. Our combat troops are NOT out of iraq. MY son is still there, along with thousands of others.

They are not going to get it. It pisses me off to no end that they are fabricating this outrageous lie misleading people on this issue.

Just a few days ago my son was having grenades tossed at him and they have been in heavy fire. You dont hear about none of it. Except when one of his buddies got killed.

This is the biggest bunch of shit Ive almost ever seen. I say almost because Ive seen a lot of shit.

Chrissy8 wrote:They are not going to get it. It pisses me off to no end that they are fabricating this outrageous lie misleading people on this issue.

Just a few days ago my son was having grenades tossed at him and they have been in heavy fire. You dont hear about none of it. Except when one of his buddies got killed.

This is the biggest bunch of shit Ive almost ever seen. I say almost because Ive seen a lot of shit.

OK, Chrissy show me where they are lying. All the articles stated that the last combat brigade has left Iraq. What part of that is a lie when in the next paragraph these same articles state that 50K are still there. The remaining 50K while trained in combat are not designated as combat troops. All it is is a designation. I know that your son is still in harms way and I wish him the best and thoughts and prayers go out for him and all the others everyday. I really think that you believe it is a lie because your son is still there when all it that has changed is the designation. The mission of those that remain has also changed.

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:They are not going to get it. It pisses me off to no end that they are fabricating this outrageous lie misleading people on this issue.

OK, Chrissy show me where they are lying. All the articles stated that the last combat brigade has left Iraq. What part of that is a lie when in the next paragraph these same articles state that 50K are still there. The remaining 50K while trained in combat are not designated as combat troops. All it is is a designation. I know that your son is still in harms way and I wish him the best and thoughts and prayers go out for him and all the others everyday. I really think that you believe it is a lie because your son is still there when all it that has changed is the designation. The mission of those that remain has also changed.

BULL CRAP!

You tell that to the Golden Dragons who are still there. They are COMBAT troops. Why dont you take a look at whats going on in Kirkuk?

I am telling you these guys are PISSED OFF about this LIE.

You can beleive the damn media lie if you want. This LIE and media event is doing a great diservice to the COMBAT troops still there. WHO are still in COMBAT.

OH. our GOV has decided to dub them "advisors"

I'm telling you these men are pissed off about this.

So am I. This is VERY WRONG!

Chrissy unfortunately because of your vested interest in this issue, you are not seeing things from an unbiased perspective. That I can certainly understand, if my son was still there I would probably be pissed also. When you are as pissed off as you are about this issue, I believe it really is difficult to be objective.

As far as the soldiers that are still there, I am sure that some are pissed off about it, however that does not take away that they still have a mission to do and do it they will. The only thing that has changed in Iraq is the designation of those that are still there.

RetiredAF wrote:Chrissy unfortunately because of your vested interest in this issue, you are not seeing things from an unbiased perspective. That I can certainly understand, if my son was still there I would probably be pissed also. When you are as pissed off as you are about this issue, I believe it really is difficult to be objective.

As far as the soldiers that are still there, I am sure that some are pissed off about it, however that does not take away that they still have a mission to do and do it they will. The only thing that has changed in Iraq is the designation of those that are still there.

Oh please stop trying to fulfill this BS. The only thing that has changed is the name of the brigades now. Their jobs are still the same, COMBAT.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2010/08/dn-brigades-stay-under-different-name-081910/

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name
7 Advise and Assist Brigades, made up of troops from BCTs, still in Iraq
By Kate Brannen - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Aug 20, 2010 13:42:00 EDT
As the final convoy of the Army’s 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, based at Fort Lewis, Wash., entered Kuwait early Thursday, a different Stryker brigade remained in Iraq.

Soldiers from the 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team of the 25th Infantry Division are deployed in Iraq as members of an Advise and Assist Brigade, the Army’s designation for brigades selected to conduct security force assistance.

So while the “last full U.S. combat brigade” have left Iraq, just under 50,000 soldiers from specially trained heavy, infantry and Stryker brigades will stay, as well as two combat aviation brigades.

lucretia wrote:

Oh please stop trying to fulfill this BS. The only thing that has changed is the name of the brigades now. Their jobs are still the same, COMBAT.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2010/08/dn-brigades-stay-under-different-name-081910/

Combat brigades in Iraq under different name
7 Advise and Assist Brigades, made up of troops from BCTs, still in Iraq
By Kate Brannen - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Aug 20, 2010 13:42:00 EDT
As the final convoy of the Army’s 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, based at Fort Lewis, Wash., entered Kuwait early Thursday, a different Stryker brigade remained in Iraq.

Soldiers from the 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team of the 25th Infantry Division are deployed in Iraq as members of an Advise and Assist Brigade, the Army’s designation for brigades selected to conduct security force assistance.

So while the “last full U.S. combat brigade” have left Iraq, just under 50,000 soldiers from specially trained heavy, infantry and Stryker brigades will stay, as well as two combat aviation brigades.

Lucretia, please read and comprehend what I have said countless times on this thread. I have repeatedly said that yes they are still in harms way and the only thing that has changed is their designation. With a change of mission comes a change of designation.

Yeah, ok........ aparently some people think if you just change the "name" of something, that makes it something different.

Word games with lives.

Just great.

They LIE and say there are no combat troops there. Now this should embolden the terrorist to make some moves.

This is a BOLD faced LIE and it just goes to show you just how powerful our media is if they can pull this off to make people beleive it.

Chrissy8 wrote:Yeah, ok........ aparently some people think if you just change the "name" of something, that makes it something different.

Word games with lives.

Just great.

They LIE and say there are no combat troops there. Now this should embolden the terrorist to make some moves.

This is a BOLD faced LIE and it just goes to show you just how powerful our media is if they can pull this off to make people beleive it.

And if your son was not over there you in all likelihood would be believing it also since that is what is reported by every major news network in the world, not just the biased ones.

RetiredAF wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:Yeah, ok........ aparently some people think if you just change the "name" of something, that makes it something different.

Word games with lives.

Just great.

And if your son was not over there you in all likelihood would be believing it also since that is what is reported by every major news network in the world, not just the biased ones.

You're right. That's kind of scary isnt it?

Chrissy8 wrote:

You're right. That's kind of scary isnt it?

Yep, it is.

I'm here to say that this LIE by OUR GOVERNMENT. Because we need to get this straight now that this is NOT JUST the media. The media is being used by OUR GOVERNMENT to try to gain political points.

Its going to backfire.

Bad!

The COMBAT soldiers who are still over there ARE PISSED OFF!

Some of them are 4th time returning soldiers. They are so mad some of them are threatening to break opsec.

The moral of these men is way down.

They are not only upset about this LIE. but also while they are there dealing with this they are watching in the news about the mosque being built in NY. They feel that is also a slap in the face to them.

We have many many unhappy pissed off HIGHLY trained soldiers.

And I dont blame them.

finally

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4317488/media-declaring-victory-in-iraq/?playlist_id=86857

Yep many good people still in that hell hole...

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Yep many good people still in that hell hole...

yes, thats what im told it was. my son got blown up 3 times, god was watching over him. he is out now, and funny you brought this post up, he is out and just less than a hour ago, left to go back to wisconsin to attend college.

and life goes on.................................for him,

i know many others are there, but mostly prrivate militias because they can break certain rules, know what i mean winky winky.

If we can afford to pay contracted help like Blackwater etc, why don't we pay our active and reserve forces that way?

I would have loved to have made 150k+ per year over the last 12 years of my service. I could fund my own retirement and benefits out of that much money.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Why would we give up in Iraq when it has over 143 billion barrels of recoverable crude? Do not think this was never a consideration when we invaded.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Why would we give up in Iraq when it has over 143 billion barrels of recoverable crude? Do not think this was never a consideration when we invaded.....

"we" as a nation aren't benefitting...the oil companies are..

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Just like how we as a nation don't profit from war.. The MIC does..

Lurch wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Just like how we as a nation don't profit from war.. The MIC does..

and the MIC is not everyone bro.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum