This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

In Memoriam - Birmingham church bombing

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/big-break-16th-st-baptist-church-bombing-case-article-1.1455483

In Memoriam - Birmingham church bombing Church-bombing

Pics of perps at site. I don't feel like posting them.

View user profile
The Hbo special made me cry.....I do not show emotion very often. I do not know if it was the high hormone levels from the illness, or deep seated memories of people discussing this in Birmingham. They were about my age. I simply did not understand any of it. It still impacts everyday of my life as I see the insanity of man's fear and prejudice.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
When people like Bobby Cherry got to spend nearly 40 more years of his despicable life on the outside of prison, justice was never done. The Birmingham police weren't all that interested in black people being killed back in 1963,not even if it was children.
This is the kind of stain that will live with us Southerners forever,no matter how much we'd like to forget about it and no matter how much some people like to pretend it never happened.
it takes a hell of a lot of trust, even in this day and age,for a black person to come to love and respect a white person with a southern drawl. I can't blame them one bit.

Guest


Guest
Time to kick the Southerners ass again. You think they would learn after 50 years........."even in this day and age,for a black person to come to love and respect a white person with a southern drawl. I can't blame them one bit."


Must be the Southern drawl that warps the brain cells....

Guest


Guest
I don't know if you understood what I said or not . I'm not trying to kick any Southern butt, my own butt is as Southern as it gets. I'm just saying I understand the roots of the problem because I grew up during the time these little girls were killed. I can't imagine a more chaotic time in American History, except maybe for the Civil War, that a generation of Americans grew up with such chaos. I remember watching Dr King on TV and then hearing that it was wrong to listen to him because he was nothing but a trouble maker. Even when I was a kid I could see that the people getting sprayed with the fire hoses and tossed into jail probably weren't the ones who were the problem.
It's not a heritage to be very proud of,that's what I'm saying.

Mr Ichi wrote:Time to kick the Southerners ass again.  You think they would learn after 50 years........."even in this day and age,for a black person to come to love and respect a white person with a southern drawl. I can't blame them one bit."


Must be the Southern drawl that warps the brain cells....
Yep, someone with a Yankee accent couldn't possibly be a racist. Suspect

View user profile

Guest


Guest
I was 21 years old at the time of the bombing. I under stand what the times were like. I was getting ready to go kill some yellow men. I am a proud Damn Southerner. Warts and all. I can not deny my heritage, it was passed to me. It was a tragic event that I and none of my family had a damn thing to do with. We cried with the rest of the Nation.

Guest


Guest
Nobody said that, but those girls weren't murdered in Indianapolis either. Nor was Indy known as Bombingham in the 60's . Unless you grew up during those days you have no clue what it was like to see JFK murdered, to go through the Cuban Missile Crisis, to live through the Civil Rights movement, to see Bobby Kennedy murdered and MLK murdered and to see a president resign because he was a criminal, no matter what he said.

So don't try to preach about things you don't know.
Baltimore rioted when school busing started up too, but they weren't bombing children and lynching people and their police force didn't look over their shoulder when it happened.

bluemoon wrote:Nobody said that, but those girls weren't murdered in Indianapolis either.  Nor was Indy known as Bombingham in the 60's .  Unless you grew up during those days you have no clue what it was like to see JFK murdered, to go through the Cuban Missile Crisis, to live through the Civil Rights movement, to see Bobby Kennedy murdered and MLK murdered and to see a president resign because he was a criminal, no matter what he said.

So don't try to preach about things you don't know.
Baltimore rioted when school busing started up too, but they weren't bombing children and lynching people and their police  force didn't look over their shoulder when it happened.
You're the one preaching. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

Guest


Guest
I understand that MR Ichi, I remember lying in bed and crying nearly all night when JFK was assassinated. But you and I both know that most people in this part of the country didn't think like that.

I don't believe in making up things to be different than they were. This part of the country was rabidly racist supporters of George Wallace back then. That's not made up history, and it's nothing to be proud of.

Guest


Guest
Nekochan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Nobody said that, but those girls weren't murdered in Indianapolis either.  Nor was Indy known as Bombingham in the 60's .  Unless you grew up during those days you have no clue what it was like to see JFK murdered, to go through the Cuban Missile Crisis, to live through the Civil Rights movement, to see Bobby Kennedy murdered and MLK murdered and to see a president resign because he was a criminal, no matter what he said.

So don't try to preach about things you don't know.
Baltimore rioted when school busing started up too, but they weren't bombing children and lynching people and their police  force didn't look over their shoulder when it happened.
You're the one preaching. Rolling Eyes
Nobody is preaching, just stating historical fact. And I'm not the one that brought this thread onto this forum. I also don't think it was placed here so you can make light of what happened as just something that could have happened someplace else. Well, it didn't . It happened in the heart of the South. And what you may not realize is how many people back then really, truly didn't give a damn. That church was full of rabble rousers and maybe it's tough that kids got involved, but the church deserved to be blown up anyway- that's what I heard from more than one person.

bluemoon wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Nobody said that, but those girls weren't murdered in Indianapolis either.  Nor was Indy known as Bombingham in the 60's .  Unless you grew up during those days you have no clue what it was like to see JFK murdered, to go through the Cuban Missile Crisis, to live through the Civil Rights movement, to see Bobby Kennedy murdered and MLK murdered and to see a president resign because he was a criminal, no matter what he said.

So don't try to preach about things you don't know.
Baltimore rioted when school busing started up too, but they weren't bombing children and lynching people and their police  force didn't look over their shoulder when it happened.
You're the one preaching. Rolling Eyes
Nobody is preaching, just stating historical fact. And I'm not the one that brought this thread onto this forum. I also don't think it was placed here so you can make light of what happened as just something that could have happened someplace else.  No, it didn't . It happened in the heart of the South.
I'm not making light of what happened in Birmingham. 

Blacks today who dislike white southerners because of what some evil murderous, terrorists white men did 50 years ago is akin to non-Muslims disliking all Muslims after 911. 

There are good and bad people everywhere in the world.

View user profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikkNFIcJes

View user profile

Guest


Guest
The sad part is that people "assume" they know what me and my people were thinking 50 years ago. Most of it is based on their perception of the events as it pertained to them. It is a false assumption.

Guest


Guest
Oh stuff it. This forum and this town is still full of racists today. You don't have to cruise into some ancient history to know that.
You can deny reality all you want to, but as soon as anyone started a thread about white against black violence, the first thing you do is claim it doesn't happen today and white people aren't responsible..

You've made your attitude and your feelings known to more than just me on this forum. You've long since been outed.

It's a damned shame so many racist redneck people like you still exist in this part of the country. The only time a black person gets any respect is if he's an athlete or a football player.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who notices. You the ones who still give the South a bad name.

bluemoon wrote:Oh stuff it. This forum and this town is still full of racists today. You don't have to cruise into some ancient history to know that.
You can deny reality all you want to, but as soon as anyone started a thread about white against black violence, the first thing you do is claim it doesn't happen today and white  people aren't responsible..

You've made your attitude and your feelings known to more than just me on this forum.  You've long since been outed.

It's a damned  shame so many racist redneck  people like you still exist in this part of the country.  The only time a black person gets any respect is if he's an athlete or a football player.

I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who notices. You the ones who still give the South a bad name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsw8q4fNfBw

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Mr Ichi wrote:The sad part is that people "assume" they know what me and my people were thinking 50 years ago.  Most of it is based on their perception of the events as it pertained to them.  It is a false assumption.  
Well Mr Ichi, I don't know about you and your people, but I lived here 50 years ago,and I lived here when the civil rights movement was going on, And you were in the minority if you gave a damn about those little girls back then.

I don't have to make it up. I was here too. I saw the white and black water fountains and bathrooms, and I remember the "coloreds" who had to sit in the back of the bus. I also don't remember a hell of a lot  of our parents complaining about it.
And if you say they did, that most Southerners thought about black people as their equals in 1963, I'm sorry, but I'll have to respectfully call you a liar.


I would love to be proud of my Southern heritage, if it didn't just suck so god damned much.

Guest


Guest
In January of 1964 I sat a table with a group of Black men. 4 months after the bombings. They did not hate me nor did I hate them. If you think that we were all active racists, this would never have happened. It was not a isolated incident, it was being played out all over America. People are smarter than you think. Much of the history of people like me and the Black guys will never be written. Not very interesting, just a group of people working together for a common cause. BTW I did have a hell of drawl back then.

Mr Ichi wrote:The sad part is that people "assume" they know what me and my people were thinking 50 years ago.  Most of it is based on their perception of the events as it pertained to them.  It is a false assumption.  
I was in grade school....my family didn't have a damn thing to do with that type of behaviour. They were not racist. I'll be damned before I allow someone try and make me feel guilty about an event that I had nothing to do with me.

View user profile
I'm still trying to figure out what a seemingly white restaurant is today.   Do some people do a race count when they go out to eat?

View user profile

Guest


Guest
I'd be curious about where that table was located and if those guys were military or not. Of course nobody was making fun of the "good black people"(I use the word black people because the actual N word that was used back then isn't usable nowadays.}

You can sit here and tell me the south wasn't really all that racist back then all day long, but their voting patterns proved it, George Wallace on the steps of the University of Alabama proved it, the bombings of those little girls proved it, MLK being jailed over and over and over proved it, and I don't have to prove it.
I've never said every person here was a racist, I said the area was mostly racist. My family was quite different from some of the others, and maybe yours was too. But I'll guarantee you, if your family was not racist, they were branded Ni---- lovers just like mine was. I was proud to be part of a N.Loving family, but it was not always easy.

You trying to be proud of an era that was not proud in the history of the South Mr ichi, by denying it was the way that it was. I can't imagine why you'd do that.

Guest


Guest
Joanimaroni wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:The sad part is that people "assume" they know what me and my people were thinking 50 years ago.  Most of it is based on their perception of the events as it pertained to them.  It is a false assumption.  
I was in grade school....my family didn't have a damn thing to do with that type of behaviour. They were not racist. I'll be damned before I allow someone try and make me feel guilty about an event that I had nothing to do with me.
My Mother and Grandmother cried and it took a toll on them.  My Father called the bombers "Chickenshit MFers"as did most other people i knew.  But it is useless to say any different.  We are all painted with the same brush.  To hell with it, we know the truth.



Last edited by Mr Ichi on 9/16/2013, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest


Guest
Nekochan wrote:I'm still trying to figure out what a seemingly white restaurant is today.   Do some people do a race count when they go out to eat?
A "seemingly white restaurant" is a place like Dennys used  to be, or Cracker Barrell used to be, or Jerry's Seafood still is.  I can promise you that the clientele at Jerrys is nearly all white most days of the week. They do treat Black people well though, I can say that.
You don't have a need to know what restaurants black people view  as places they don't care to eat because they're treated poorly there. You're white.  So don't worry about it. It doesn't affect you.

If you think there aren't some in this town though, you are very, very naive.

Guest


Guest
Hell, I know at least on white person who won't go to Cheddars because there are usually so many black people there. They serve chicken and pancakes as an entree, which is a more traditional black dish than many others, so a lot of black people show up for lunch.

The restaurants in this town are integrated, that's true,but to say there aren't any "seemingly white" restaurants around here is to be ignorant of what people of other races see.

Guest


Guest
Joanimaroni wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:The sad part is that people "assume" they know what me and my people were thinking 50 years ago.  Most of it is based on their perception of the events as it pertained to them.  It is a false assumption.  
I was in grade school....my family didn't have a damn thing to do with that type of behaviour. They were not racist. I'll be damned before I allow someone try and make me feel guilty about an event that I had nothing to do with me.

Nobody said you have to feel guilty.
But I can't see being proud of the Southern heritage that I grew up around.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum