Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh Boy, I can't wait -- Another war we are NOT committed to win . . .

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Vietnam, Somalia, Beirut, Iraq, Afghanistan . . . man we sure know how to lose wars!

And now they're trying to get us to okay another one in Syria, and then maybe Iran . . .

What the Hell do THEY get from all this crapola?

If Assad stays in power it makes us look weak as hell. If Assad falls, we have helped make it possible for Hezbollah and Al Qaeda to take over.

Reality.

Unfortunately, I appear to be among a very small minority of Americans who don't think we should fight any war unless we're committed to win it.

Screw Amerika Inc.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Don't tell that to the heroes that are checking in to the Va with lung cancer or their deformed children...

http://www.hermes-press.com/depluran.htm

The statistics are piling up faster than the politicians and militarists can deny them, sick soldiers, radiation contaminated environments, and birth defects in children born to soldiers on both sides of the Gulf and Balkans conflicts.

On the eve of the tenth anniversary of the Gulf War, the (Amman) Jordan Times printed an editorial joining the call for international legal instruments to forbid the use of depleted uranium ammunition and asserting that the public in the "so-called developed world needs to be informed beyond governments' and militaries' propaganda, about what really happened in Iraq over those two months and the 10 years that followed."

In March, NATO announced that a panel of experts found no evidence of a link between depleted uranium and disease. Is this the Ghost of Agent Orange Past?

The force of public opinion finally ended the war in Vietnam, and today the force of public opinion could and should compel all nations to ban the use of depleted uranium weaponry.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Don't tell that to the heroes that are checking in to the Va with lung cancer or their deformed children...

The statistics are piling up faster than the politicians and militarists can deny them, sick soldiers, radiation contaminated environments, and birth defects in children born to soldiers on both sides of the Gulf and Balkans conflicts.

On the eve of the tenth anniversary of the Gulf War, the (Amman) Jordan Times printed an editorial joining the call for international legal instruments to forbid the use of depleted uranium ammunition and asserting that the public in the "so-called developed world needs to be informed beyond governments' and militaries' propaganda, about what really happened in Iraq over those two months and the 10 years that followed."

In March, NATO announced that a panel of experts found no evidence of a link between depleted uranium and disease. Is this the Ghost of Agent Orange Past?

The force of public opinion finally ended the war in Vietnam, and today the force of public opinion could and should compel all nations to ban the use of depleted uranium weaponry.
I agree!!!

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Don't tell that to the heroes that are checking in to the Va with lung cancer or their deformed children...

Depleted uranium weapons are less toxic than their lead counterparts.

Look at the millions and millions of deaths caused by one wacko writer putting out an unfounded book called A Silent Spring.

The same thing happened with the Corvair and "Unsafe at Any Speed". Later it was proven to be no more or less safe than any other car on the road at the time.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:

Look at the millions and millions of deaths caused by one wacko writer putting out an unfounded book called A Silent Spring.

The same thing happened with the Corvair and "Unsafe at Any Speed".  Later it was proven to be no more or less safe than any other car on the road at the time.
Revisionist history ....listen I owned a corvair of the year that was defective and I can personally attest that it was unsafe at any speed...like the Pinto bombs. That corvairs suspension system was a very poor design and would catapult you in a slide into flipping over in a rather violent and dangerous way. The front end was so light I once tried to stop for a train at an unmarked crossing and wound up sliding over the tracks IN FRONT of the oncoming train BACKWARDS..try that for a pucker factor...just keep spewing bullshit.

Sal

Sal

They're going to launch the attack on college football's opening Saturday. 

Very smart. 

Americans are notoriously easily distracted. 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

The same thing happened with the Corvair and "Unsafe at Any Speed".  Later it was proven to be no more or less safe than any other car on the road at the time.
Re: "A Silent Spring" by Rachel Carlson -- At the time of her writing, we were using DDT in agriculture at such a rate that the ecology was being seriously put out of balance. Thousands of birds were threatened when their eggshells were too weak to protect embryos. Eagles, pelicans and other species were literally on the brink of extinction. It was Carlson's book which awoke the American public to the need for environmental studies, and protective laws -- like ending the use of DDT in agricultural pesticides and lead in paint -- the latter action saved unknown thousands of children from brain disease. Herr Markle, in keeping with his usual contrary spirit, thinks gasoline fumes are healthy, still uses lead paint in his outhouse where he spends much of his time memorizing favorite passages from Ayn Rand's treatises on the advantages of being rich and selfish, and all the text of Hitler's book Mein Kamph. I was informed that Markle's most treasured possessions are a framed birthday card he received from David Duke, and a genuine Bund uniform, worn by a young Nazi-fan in Cleveland, in 1939. Markle disdains pics of naked girls and prefers portraits of his heroes, like Timothy McVeigh, Spain's Franco (who is still dead), and Paula Dean's grandfather.

Being as Ralph Nader is a famed lawyer, product safety advocate and liberal political icon, it's only natural for Markle to defend the only car in America that danced the Bossanova down the highway. Worst of all was the Corvair Van. I know, I drove one, delivering meat one summer for a packing house in Bishop, California. One thing upon which we can all rely, is that if the government attacks a product for safety flaws, Markle is ready to leap forward and defend the manufacturer's right to poison, kill or maim people dumb enough to buy their crap. It's the Amerikan way!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
[b]While I agree with many of the factors brought out in your attached video, the nutcase dressed like a Greek priest has all the credibility of a freak show barker in a traveling carnival. And if you would, please explain to us the need for the whacko spokesman to be dressed like a Christian wierdo. Clearly, you hate all Jews, the way I hate all fundamentalist Christians. Glad to know we share the same kind of emotional responses .... LOL /b]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:They're going to launch the attack on college football's opening Saturday. 

Very smart. 

Americans are notoriously easily distracted. 

Dammit!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
[b]While I agree with many of the factors brought out in your attached video, the nutcase dressed like a Greek priest has all the credibility of a freak show barker in a traveling carnival.  And if you would, please explain to us the need for the whacko spokesman to be dressed like a Christian wierdo.  Clearly, you hate all Jews, the way I hate all fundamentalist Christians.  Glad to know we share the same kind of emotional responses .... LOL  /b]
I don't care if it's a frog wearing a tutu if he's telling the truth..obviously I don't hate all Jews this guy in the priest costume is also a Jew...it's just he has seen the light.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
[b]While I agree with many of the factors brought out in your attached video, the nutcase dressed like a Greek priest has all the credibility of a freak show barker in a traveling carnival.  And if you would, please explain to us the need for the whacko spokesman to be dressed like a Christian wierdo.  Clearly, you hate all Jews, the way I hate all fundamentalist Christians.  Glad to know we share the same kind of emotional responses .... LOL  /b]
I don't care if it's a frog wearing a tutu if he's telling the truth..obviously I don't hate all Jews this guy in the priest costume is also a Jew...it's just he has seen the light.
Glad to hear you don't hate all Jews. When I was five years old, one evening awful shouting and noise outside our home woke me up. My parents were standing in the front room as a mob of irate Jew-haters were gathered on the lawn tossing rocks and bottles and screaming insults at my Russian Jewish father. Mom, by the way, was a Welch Mormon from Salt Lake City. Dad had already phoned the police who didn't respond for several hours.

It was just after WWII had begun, and thousands of anti-semite Americans were convinced we had gone to war because Jews were being persecuted in Germany -- to them, WWII was caused by Jews being Jews.

Mom recognized some of the crowd being members of Hollywood Ward, my church and Sunday School.

The police came, the mob went home and we never again had any trouble. But I never forgot, or forgave that mob of racist assholes.

The truth is, Dad wasn't much of a Jew, and Mom wasn't much of a Mormon. But both were honest, kind, good, and generous people who took care of our entire family whenever help was needed.

As for the haters, I've been hitting them as hard as I could ever since.

The Jew dressed as a priest is an insult to Christians and Jews

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sorry for your childhood memories being so horrid. I was likewise treated pretty badly from the 6th grade on. My family consisted of hillbillies. None of the people in the neighborhood liked us moving into their community and the kids at school were taught likewise the "inferiority" of the Appalachian people. I was picked on and laughed at for years and it actually helped me escape there and also disregard theirs and others derision. I got off the school bus a long ways from where I lived and walked home so no one would know. So I don't look down on anyone but I also don't like "chosen " people whether they consider it from economic or religious foundation.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Markle wrote:

Revisionist history ....listen I owned a corvair of the year that was defective and I can personally attest that it was unsafe at any speed...like the Pinto bombs. That corvairs suspension system was a very poor design and would catapult you in a slide into flipping over in a rather violent and dangerous way. The front end was so light I once tried to stop for a train at an unmarked crossing and wound up sliding over the tracks IN FRONT of the oncoming train BACKWARDS..try that for a pucker factor...just keep spewing bullshit.
Time to stop reading after..."listen I owned a Corvair". Poor driving was not the fault of the car. Never has been.

I owned one too, a convertible, SO WHAT?

General Motors mistake was in not strongly defending the Corvair and ignoring the book but instead they went after Ralph Nader personally.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well yeah I admit that I drove it like a man not a little old lady so that IS probably the difference....The only thing that kept the early model corvairs from catapulting was a horn of metal that would shear off in a slide but of course it depended on whether you ever slid in snow ice or rain...One killed Ernie Kovacs if I remember correctly in exactly the way I mentioned, So Yeah I can have a Pinto and leave it in the garage and be perfectly safe putz.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

You obviously know nothing about environmental protection, and have never been to a site with soil or groundwater contamination.

I generally don't swing with environmental activists, but I worked in the environmental protection field for 16 years and have seen sites contaminated with everything from pesticides to cancer-causing VOCs. There is a reason for the environmental laws established in our country. Ask the thousands of Marines who drank drinking water at Camp LeJeune that came from wells contaminated with very high concentrations of solvents. A workshop was dumping hundreds of 55-gallon drums of spent solvents in the woods per year--for many years--which then migrated to the water table.

Maybe you don't care if your grandchildren are born deformed.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum