Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one

+7
Wordslinger
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
Joanimaroni
knothead
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

...and today possibly 1300 killed in gas attacks in Damascus.

Hmmmmmm. Crickets from the left.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE97K0EL20130821

Western and regional countries called for U.N. chemical weapons investigators - who arrived in Damascus just three days ago - to be urgently dispatched to the scene of one of the deadliest incidents of the two-year-old civil war.

Images, including some taken by freelance photographers and supplied to Reuters, showed scores of bodies including of small children, laid out on the floor of a clinic with no visible signs of injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q

"Red Line" speech

So the worst attack with CBNRE weapons since Halabja by Saddam and we stand by watching idly....

PACEDOG#1 wrote:...and today possibly 1300 killed in gas attacks in Damascus.

Hmmmmmm. Crickets from the left.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE97K0EL20130821

Western and regional countries called for U.N. chemical weapons investigators - who arrived in Damascus just three days ago - to be urgently dispatched to the scene of one of the deadliest incidents of the two-year-old civil war.

Images, including some taken by freelance photographers and supplied to Reuters, showed scores of bodies including of small children, laid out on the floor of a clinic with no visible signs of injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q

"Red Line" speech

So the worst attack with CBNRE weapons since Halabja by Saddam and we stand by watching idly....
   Does make you wonder....The cowh/administration has supplied arms to the 'rebels' fighting in the Syrian Civil War....and then says the US can't take sides in the Egyptian Civil War...????....Is there any consistancy with the foreign policy?...When any president draws a 'line in the sand' calls the use of chemical weapons a 'gamechanger'...either quit the rhetoric or say what you mean and mean what you say...

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:So the worst attack with CBNRE weapons since Halabja by Saddam and we stand by watching idly....
So you are the president. What would you have done up to this point?

"bridge the gap"?

Boards,
He's had his bluff called, the rest of the world is watching, and they see that all of his words are worthless in regards to backing up what he says he will do. That's one idea the Egyptians are exploiting in their situation. He's not even leading from behind, he's not leading period. He talks when he should not and does not talk when he should, but that's what you get when your advisors haven't ever had real jobs outside if academia trying to use their "Ivory Tower" solutions to real world problems. The rest of the world doesn't necessarily buy into anything he says or does because its not the same world that is their own reality.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Boards,
He's had his bluff called, the rest of the world is watching, and they see that all of his words are worthless in regards to backing up what he says he will do. That's one idea the Egyptians are exploiting in their situation. He's not even leading from behind, he's not leading period. He talks when he should not and does not talk when he should, but that's what you get when your advisors haven't ever had real jobs outside if academia trying to use their "Ivory Tower" solutions to real world problems. The rest of the world doesn't necessarily buy into anything he says or does because its not the same world that is their own reality.
So you are the president. What would you have done up to this point?

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:
So you are the president.  What would you have done up to this point?

Crickets . . . . .

Some of us actually work ya know? I wouldn't have drawn a line in the sand and backed away from it every time it was crossed. I would have followed through enforcing my limits on what I had stated as policy. With the cowh we don't know what his policy is or is not.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great post.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I would have followed through enforcing my limits on what I had stated as policy.
And what does that mean? That is the question. You're the president. You receive a briefing that states rebels are making accusations about the use of chemical weapons. Several days have passed. What would you have done from the briefing until now that is so different from what Obama is doing, and that drives you to offer a critique of Obama's handling of the situation? Differentiate your actions as president from Obama's actions as president. Can you do that?

You're on strike two at the moment. Here comes the final pitch. It's a slow floater, right down the center of the strike zone. All you have to do is answer an open ended question about your opinion on a matter that you started a thread about.

Also Boards, I am not the potus, Obama is and we are paying him a salary to do something other than play golf and live in government subsidized housing.

We're falling fast into non relevance in regards to power players in the world because nobody trusts our word anymore as we have a leader backing up repeatedly from his own "Red Lines". He needs to put up or shut up, My grand father had a sAying notorious for his WW III generation ,"pee or get off the pot" .

Obama is voting "present " on every world issue of importance. Of course, that's all the empty suit did as a US SenAtor as well.

Boards , we don't have to go by "reports" . We have the ability to get first hand intel on such things. Obama backed himself into this corner. He did so without a backup plan regarding what might happen if he made a bad decision which he obviously did with his "Red Line" comment.

boards of FL

boards of FL

All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one  StrikeThree

Quit defending a man of few actions, but high amounts of rhetoric. He's not got the ability to be a world statesman and the people advising him are only in that capacity because they are a bunch of "yes" men/women too scared to advise him truthfully.

Of course, no comment because your getting it handed to you on this topic.

Admit it, the guy is outclassed by every world leader out there including the late Hugo Chavez and that is truly sad for the USA.

America deserves better. The only "Red Line" he will cross is to blame Former President Bush.

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Of course, no comment because your getting it handed to you on this topic.
Getting it handed to me?  I suppose you could say that.  I've merely asked you to provide your opinion on a subject that you created a thread about.  So far, you aren't able to do that.  I guess if - in your world - being unable to directly respond to a question equates to you "handing it them", well, yes, you certainly are "handing it to me!"

By the way.  If you ever figure out what your opinion is on this subject.  Feel free to post it.

I've given you the response required and u choose to ignore facts. I suppose you'll be playing with my avatar
Soon since we disagree

You guys are defending the most overrated Potus that ever sat in the OvalOffice. It's sickening you have an advanced degree and are blinded by whatever allegiance you have to this guy

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I've given you  the response  required and u choose to ignore facts. I suppose you'll be playing with my avatar
Soon since we disagree

Actually, you haven't.  I asked you what you would do as president in this situation.  It appears you don't know since you aren't able to communicate an answer to me.  Being this the case, you are leaving me no choice but to assume that you would be fairly confused, wouldn't know how to respond, and would likely sit helplessly with your thumbs up your ass.  I mean, if you can't even tell me what you would do hypothetically...

I gave you a statement on that, why don't you admit it?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

When Obama ran for President.....the biggest fault with Obama was his lack of experience. We have now lived with his lack of experience. His number 1 attribute then and now is his excellent campaigning abilities.

Let me break it down for you again Forrest;

1- I wouldn't draw lines in the sand and not follow through.

2- I would lead from the front and not the rear so that allies would believe in my words.

3- I wouldn't withdraw from previous red lines because my bluff got called and in the instance of Syrian chem weapons we can and should stop the slaughter that is going on and that would require very little work to get that done and if we were trusted by our allies, they would be on board with it

Despite some negative world opinion that Obama had said was created by having our "fists clenched", the world isn't ready for us to NOT do the heavy lifting on things where required .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum