Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RNC: Voters see GOP as ‘scary’ and ‘out of touch'

+4
Floridatexan
Sal
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/rnc-report-gop-scary-out-of-touch-88974.html?hp=t1_3

Really??? 2014 should be an interesting year....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

An interesting year . . . . . . . absolutely! It's going to be like putting lipstick on a pig . . . . .

Sal

Sal

I read a poll last week that suggested the GOP's hold on seniors is slipping.

They've done some serious gerrymandering of districts to try to retain their grip on power despite their unpopular positions, but if they lose the seniors ...

... well, nothing is going to save them from extinction.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sal wrote:I read a poll last week that suggested the GOP's hold on seniors is slipping.

They've done some serious gerrymandering of districts to try to retain their grip on power despite their unpopular positions, but if they lose the seniors ...

... well, nothing is going to save them from extinction.
They only have the ones with early dementia, and those people are going to forget to vote.  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Seriously...how do you alienate the largest voting bloc in the country (women) and expect to have a viable party?

Last edited by Floridatexan on 8/12/2013, 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

I wouldn't get too excited if I were a Democrat. The majority of Americans think that both Parties are out of touch.

Sal

Sal

Yeah, but we're talking about the GOP here, and they have a real conundrum on their hands.

They've alienated women, minorities, young voters, and they're seeing their grip on seniors slip a bit.

The extremist policies they espouse are rejected by a growing percentage of the electorate.

Their choice is a stark one.

Either abandon or moderate their stances on issues which alienate these groups, which would be a total rejection of their radical teabag base, ...

... or, stand on their "conservative" principles, and continue to lose national elections by increasingly lopsided margins.

knothead

knothead

During the last election cycle all America heard from the GOP was "Where are the jobs?" It was jobs jobs jobs . . . . . . now President Obama has offered a plan to reform the tax code generating additional revenue and wants to use that revenue to put people back to work on our crumbling infrastructure. Yes Neko I also find fault in both parties but President Obama is trying desperately to advocate for the shrinking middle class to provide some much needed JOBS while repairing our core infrastructure.

The obstructionist GOP will rue the day they stood in the doorway of advancing the middle class of our country. I believe the President is on the right side of the issues . . . .

It's not rocket science, anyone could see the GOP was foundering when they selected Bonehead Boehner as Speaker again. If only Florida wasn't a closed primary state....

Anyone that thinks there is actually a choice or more than one political party in this country isn't very observant.

Just look at how many causes bounce back and forth... and the end results. The pretense of opposition is theater.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Obama's approval rating has dropped. We still have a budget crisis and he and Congress aren't doing anything about it.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:Obama's approval rating has dropped.  We still have a budget crisis and he and Congress aren't doing anything about it.

No doubt about it.

Obstruction is the one card the Repukes continue to play.

Governance is not an option.

Consensus gives us iraq war, afghanistan war, patriot act, patriot act renewal, bank bailouts, ndaa... etc.

No thanks.

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Obama's approval rating has dropped.  We still have a budget crisis and he and Congress aren't doing anything about it.

No doubt about it.

The hilarious libertard mentality, short on memory, long on hypocrisy. Here is but one example:

"With President Bush planning high-profile initiatives in his second term like Social Security reform, Democrat leaders are digging in, vowing to stop the Bush agenda dead in its tracks.
"We, as Democrats, have got to stand up and fight aggressively from day one," said outgoing national party chairman Terry McAuliffe, who has been asked by some Democratic lawmakers to retain his position as head of the Democratic National Committee'
Hoping to re-energize a party demoralized by Sen. John Kerry's defeat in the 2004 presidential election, Democrats plan confrontation, McAuliffe said.
Even the centrist Democratic Leadership Council, which prefers bipartisan results over gridlock, backs a stonewall strategy."

So one has to wonder how much Democrat obstructionism in the Bush years contributed to some of the current problems. Like I said, you are a hypocrite.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:

No doubt about it.

Really? This core infrastructure repair promise that was going to create all these great jobs is the same thing we heard in 2008. What happened then?

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

No doubt about it.

Really?  This core infrastructure repair promise that was going to create all these great jobs is the same thing we heard in 2008.  What happened then?
"Obama smiled and interjected, “Shovel-ready was not as … uh .. shovel-ready as we expected.”

Fact is, most recovery money was wasted paying off campaign donors....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Anyone that thinks there is actually a choice or more than one political party in this country isn't very observant.

Just look at how many causes bounce back and forth... and the end results. The pretense of opposition is theater.
True, we have defacto One-Party Rule in this country. It is simply divided into Democrat (left) and Republican (right) factions. Both sides serve one master (corporations and banks).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:Anyone that thinks there is actually a choice or more than one political party in this country isn't very observant.

pkr, I confess that many of your posts are confusing to me and leave so much dangling . . . . . it's a weakness of my own making but I just disagree with your premise that there is NOT a choice of political stripes . . . . . . . call me unobservant but the difference between the GOP in today's political climate and the Dems in the same contemporary context is as big as ice cream and shit. I assure you I understand that both political entities embrace and are solicitous of chasing money for their next campaign but how both parties prostitute themselves for their self edification has sickened the entire citizenry. Almost enough to make me a libertarian but . . . . .

knothead wrote:

pkr, I confess that many of your posts are confusing to me and leave so much dangling . . . . . it's a weakness of my own making but I just disagree with your premise that there is NOT a choice of political stripes . . . . . . . call me unobservant but the difference between the GOP in today's political climate and the Dems in the same contemporary context is as big as ice cream and shit. I assure you I understand that both political entities embrace and are solicitous of chasing money for their next campaign but how both parties prostitute themselves for their self edification has sickened the entire citizenry. Almost enough to make me a libertarian but . . . . .
Then concentrate on the results... ignore the rationalizations used to promote the policies... are results really different?

boards of FL

boards of FL

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

pkr, I confess that many of your posts are confusing to me and leave so much dangling . . . . . it's a weakness of my own making but I just disagree with your premise that there is NOT a choice of political stripes . . . . . . . call me unobservant but the difference between the GOP in today's political climate and the Dems in the same contemporary context is as big as ice cream and shit.  I assure you I understand that both political entities embrace and are solicitous of chasing money for their next campaign but how both parties prostitute themselves for their self edification has sickened the entire citizenry.  Almost enough to make me a libertarian but . . . . .  
Then concentrate on the results... ignore the rationalizations used to promote the policies... are results really different?
So cutting taxes,increasing taxes....all the same? Invading Iraq, not invading Iraq...same results? Single payer healthcare system, (insert whatever the republican plan is)...same thing?

2seaoat

It is easy for him to talk in circles, but when you deal with reality, facts, and actual votes in congress.......he has a difficult time staying on topic. All government is bad......all government is the same........there are no choices........simple unadulterated crap. Everyday there are policy choices which work for the better or worse. Of course if you start with the simpleton premise that all government is bad, then it follows that policies make no difference cognitive dissonance is his rule, and when you try to actually discuss a substantive issue.....he escapes with an over generalization and a paradigm which a fourth grader might embrace for a moment.......but even a fourth grader understands two plus two equals four..........a real standard......a real answer.

2seaoat wrote:It is easy for him to talk in circles, but when you deal with reality, facts, and actual votes in congress.......he has a difficult time staying on topic. All government is bad......all government is the same........there are no choices........simple unadulterated crap. Everyday there are policy choices which work for the better or worse. Of course if you start with the simpleton premise that all government is bad, then it follows that policies make no difference cognitive dissonance is his rule, and when you try to actually discuss a substantive issue.....he escapes with an over generalization and a paradigm which a fourth grader might embrace for a moment.......but even a fourth grader understands two plus two equals four..........a real standard......a real answer.
Luckily I don't think all govt is bad... the same... nor that there are not choices. There are definable boundaries...

but with moving goal posts and ever expanding scope of govt... we will never get a fair shake... it's you that's naive.

Boards... tax revenues increased during bush 2. The dems voted to invade iraq too. We don't have a single payer... yet... and it wouldn't surprise me if a repub winds up signing that into law. Don't forget... a republican first made that case... and bush 2 signed the last medicare expansion. Clinton cut govt and reformed welfare... Reagan granted immigration amnesty and expanded many social programs... and ushered in the big spending fed govt.

There is a prevailing wind however... a direction... and it sure as hell isn't increased liberties and minimal fed control.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:It is easy for him to talk in circles, but when you deal with reality, facts, and actual votes in congress.......he has a difficult time staying on topic.   All government is bad......all government is the same........there are no choices........simple unadulterated crap.  Everyday there are policy choices which work for the better or worse.   Of course if you start with the simpleton premise that all government is bad, then it follows that policies make no difference cognitive dissonance is his rule, and when you try to actually discuss a substantive issue.....he escapes with an over generalization and a paradigm which a fourth grader might embrace for a moment.......but even a fourth grader understands two plus two equals four..........a real standard......a real answer.
Luckily I don't think all govt is bad... the same... nor that there are not choices. There are definable boundaries...

but with moving goal posts and ever expanding scope of govt... we will never get a fair shake... it's you that's naive.

Boards... tax revenues increased during bush 2. The dems voted to invade iraq too. We don't have a single payer... yet... and it wouldn't surprise me if a repub winds up signing that into law. Don't forget... a republican first made that case... and bush 2 signed the last medicare expansion. Clinton cut govt and reformed welfare... Reagan granted immigration amnesty and expanded many social programs... and ushered in the big spending fed govt.

There is a prevailing wind however... a direction... and it sure as hell isn't increased liberties and minimal fed control.

Question pkr: So what denial of liberties have invaded your aura? How has this out-of-control government curtailed and invaded your space? I'm just curious . . . .

It doesn't have to be my space that's invaded... any innocent person will do. There are either rights or there are not.

2seaoat

It doesn't have to be my space that's invaded... any innocent person will do. There are either rights or there are not.

So simple. So black and white. It is easy when you live in a generalization. However, there are every single day policies which pull us forward, or pull us backward. Policies which reward some, and take from others. Things simply change. Your rights are not absolute, nor are they found in an Ivory tower of ideals, rather they are tempered in reality, and the sacrifice of those who got dirty with detail.....who took positions......who sacrificed for betterment of our country. No, every issue, and every detail is IMPORTANT, and there are differences, and compromise is not a dirty word, nor is it a dirty word to protest and fight for change.

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:It doesn't have to be my space that's invaded... any innocent person will do. There are either rights or there are not.

You're being evasive . . . . . are you safe? Is Obama's NSA policies threatening your sense of security? Your perpetual laments about big government must be merged with the realities of today's world . . . . what or how has this infringed on your liberties Hamilton and Adams alluded to in the Federalist Papers?

Criticism is cheap but governing is difficult.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum